Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Is anyone else getting the strobe light ads on FT?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is anyone else getting the strobe light ads on FT?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm sorry, I am 64 years old (not an excuse) but I'm just not computer savvy. You might as well be talking to a wall. We still have a stupid flip phone. Our 30 year old kids want to tear their hair out with us.

I told what is happening...I'm either the only person it is happening to in which case oh well I'll just deal with it, or it's happening to someone else and they can help.

I do not even know how to quote of the forums - have no idea how to get a quote into the box like everyone else. I've asked 2 people who seemed nice and one tried to help but just sent me links how to multi-quote, and the other ignored me.
Lol, I am pretty close to your age.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Yeah, we're dinosaurs...we just have a mental block. Sorry.

But can YOU tell me how to quote? If I wanted to quote what you said in your last post (about being our age), exactly how would I do that? Exactly?

I would be forever grateful.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:04 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Yeah, we're dinosaurs...we just have a mental block. Sorry.

But can YOU tell me how to quote? If I wanted to quote what you said in your last post (about being our age), exactly how would I do that? Exactly?

I would be forever grateful.
Just hit the button that says 'Quote' at the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote. A box will open with the quoted post inside it. Just start typing underneath it and when you're done, hit 'submit reply' button underneath the box. Try it - quote this post and answer it. Then we'll move on to multi-quotes.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Just hit the button that says 'Quote' at the bottom right corner of the post you want to quote. A box will open with the quoted post inside it. Just start typing underneath it and when you're done, hit 'submit reply' button underneath the box. Try it - quote this post and answer it. Then we'll move on to multi-quotes.
Here is the 'quote' button.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:16 pm

Here is the 'quote' button.
Then, type below the quote, like this. When you're done, hit 'submit reply'. That's it!
Attached Images  
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Then, type below the quote, like this. When you're done, hit 'submit reply'. That's it!
I've tried this before, so here goes...
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:26 am
Original Poster

I've tried this before
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Ok, this is weird. No wonder no one wanted to help me! They thought I was joking that I couldn't do it! I swear it didn't come out like this before...BUT, the second one was if I didn't want to quote the whole thing, I just backspaced to remove what I didn't want...do you do the same thing on a really Long post? I'll try with my first one. Be right back.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:31 am
Original Poster

You might as well be talking to a wall.
Ok, this time I deleted everything except that one sentence, let's see what happens...
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much! I know now what I was doing wrong...I would highlight before hitting quote, and that just made a mess.

Thank you again!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:47 am

I've tried this before, so here goes...
You're welcome. You did it! And as for removing parts you don't want, you can backspace it out or, on a really long quote, highlight the unwanted parts with your mouse and hit delete. Just make sure you don't delete the [/QUOTE] symbols at the beginning and end of the quote.

Thank you so much! I know now what I was doing wrong...I would highlight before hitting quote, and that just made a mess.

Thank you again!
Now, shall we try multi-quote? Quoting more than one post at the same time and responding to them both (or more) in one post? Like I just did here with two different posts of yours?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:52 am
Original Poster

No thanks, baby steps are fine.

Thank you again.

BTW for the tech guy...Chase Marriott ad (and only that one) is still flashing when I get it on the screen.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:34 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Thank you for lending a helping hand, Finkface
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by IBobi
Thank you for lending a helping hand, Finkface
^^
Old Jan 29, 2016, 4:13 pm

and sorry for taking the thread OT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.