Wiki Posts
Search

Desktop Mac OS X/Safari: FT defaulting to mobile site

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2015, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IBobi
It's been extremely difficult to reproduce. Tech has not once seen this issue first hand.
This may sound brash but are any of the techs using a macbook on a regular basis in Safari? If they're not, how do they expect to see it?

It will go a week or two between occurrences, and have 3-4 over the course of two days. (Like now, as I'm posting this on my laptop via the FT mobile site, and immediately prior to clicking on a post I was on the standard site?)
Old Sep 22, 2015, 6:09 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by WIRunner
This may sound brash but are any of the techs using a macbook on a regular basis in Safari? If they're not, how do they expect to see it?
They always try to reproduce it using the system it was reported on.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
OK, had it happen again.

User Agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/600.8.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0.8 Safari/600.8.9
Old Oct 10, 2015, 7:35 pm

I just had this happen on my 12" macbook.

I wasn't logged in when it happened.

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/601.1.56 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Safari/601.1.56

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.