Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestion - direct click to "First Unread" from thread list

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM
Suggestion - direct click to "First Unread" from thread list

While we have a way to click directly to the last post in a thread from the thread list in a forum it has seemed to me that a more useful feature would be to enable a way to directly click to one's First Unread post in a thread. As things stand now it is necessary to display some page from that thread and then click on the "First Unread" link. If there is a largish wiki that shows up in expanded form, it is also necessary to scroll down in order to reveal the "First Unread" link.

Last edited by Geoflying; Dec 23, 2014 at 10:37 am Reason: Change "Last" to "First"
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Geoflying
While we have a way to click directly to the last post in a thread from the thread list in a forum it has seemed to me that a more useful feature would be to enable a way to directly click to one's Last Unread post in a thread. As things stand now it is necessary to display some page from that thread and then click on the "Last Unread" link. If there is a largish wiki that shows up in expanded form, it is also necessary to scroll down in order to reveal the "Last Unread" link.
This probably belongs in the Technical Issues forum rather than TB. Perhaps a mod can move it?

Cheers.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 11:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
This probably belongs in the Technical Issues forum rather than TB. Perhaps a mod can move it?

Cheers.
You are correct; thid is a technical issue, not within the purvue of TalkBoard, so we'll move it where it can get tech eyes on it and a response (possibly after the holidays).

Done!

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Dec 23, 2014, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
You are correct; thid is a technical issue, not within the purvue of TalkBoard, so we'll move it where it can get tech eyes on it and a response (possibly after the holidays).

Done!

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Thanks - and apologies for misposting

Happy holidays everyone
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by Geoflying
As things stand now it is necessary to display some page from that thread and then click on the "First Unread" link.
On the thread list, there's a little icon next to threads with unread posts. Float your mouse cursor over that. It says "Go to first new post".

Is that what you're looking for?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
On the thread list, there's a little icon next to threads with unread posts. Float your mouse cursor over that. It says "Go to first new post".

Is that what you're looking for?
Well thank you so much - that had completely escaped my notice. Yes - it is exactly what I was looking for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.