Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Facebook Login issue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Large White Space on FT

I'm seeing a large white space on almost every FT screen today. Any suggestions?

Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:45 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Which browser and version are you using?

It seems that the gray bar that contains the "Link your Facebook account to your forum account! Click the logo to link your account!" message (formerly button) is wider than usual; this is due to an issue with the FB connect feature and we're working to resolve that.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Currently on firefox 14.0.1

I'll just uncheck the window for the FB connect to see if that gets rids of the extra space.

thanks
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:02 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Facebook Login issue

I am unable to log in using the Connect with Facebook method, I've had to get a new handle. I've attempted to use multiple computers to access the site and none of them work.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:25 pm

Rather than create a new account (which is not allowed within the site rules), you should contact an admin using the Contact Us link below. If we are unable to resolve this, your Facebook-linked account may be able to be transitioned over to a regular email-based account.

Paul

Last edited by IBobi; Jul 20, 2012 at 5:48 pm
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:17 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by IBobi
Rather than create a new account (which is not allowed within the site rules), you should contact an admin using the Contact Us link below. Your Facebook-linked account can be transitioned over to a regular email-based account.

Paul
I contacted flyertalk on twitter, no response, I followed up like you suggested and I still have yet to hear anything regarding that, so I then created a new name and posted in the forum.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: SPG,HHonors,Thai,Flying Blue
Where has the Facebook log in gone ?

No longer able to log in using my Facebook account.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:05 pm

I merged 3 threads on this issue; tech is working to resolve. Appears to be a FB issue with how their login works. We'll resolve as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience,

Paul
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:12 pm

Programs: SPG,HHonors,Thai,Flying Blue
I merged 3 threads on this issue; tech is working to resolve. Appears to be a FB issue with how their login works. We'll resolve as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience,

Paul
Thanks Paul
Old Jul 21, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Post Trouble logging in with Facebook connect

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2point1
I am unable to log in using the Connect with Facebook method, I've had to get a new handle. I've attempted to use multiple computers to access the site and none of them work.
Please also see the existing thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...k-connect.html
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
A data point that may help ...

I use AVG anti-virus which has a 'do not track' feature to discard tracking cookies. If I decide not to accept the 'Facebook Social Plugins' cookie, I see the large grey/gray area with no 'F log in' button per the picture in post #1.

However, if I configure AVG to accept the tracking cookie the button reappears and the grey area is correctly sized.

hth
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
This isn't the only site that is having these types of problems. I'm just not going to use fb connect anymore - no benefit that I can see and the reliance on such a giant seems problematic. If they are to provide a validation service like this, it should not take a week to troubleshoot.

If at some point my Tech1 account can be "un-facebooked" great - otherwise, I'm now Tech2
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:04 pm

Glad to know I am not the only one! Thankfully I did not have a ton of posts here as I'm not a FF but I did enjoy occasionally posting here, as well as getting input and stuff.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Tech2
This isn't the only site that is having these types of problems. I'm just not going to use fb connect anymore - no benefit that I can see and the reliance on such a giant seems problematic. If they are to provide a validation service like this, it should not take a week to troubleshoot.

If at some point my Tech1 account can be "un-facebooked" great - otherwise, I'm now Tech2
I'm waiting to be "un-facebooked" as well.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Rather than create a new account (which is not allowed within the site rules), you should contact an admin using the Contact Us link below. If we are unable to resolve this, your Facebook-linked account may be able to be transitioned over to a regular email-based account.

Paul
So if this can indeed be done, can we just start doing it? (Tech1)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.