Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
I think Twitter patented that particular motion (pull-down-to-refresh), so either royalty payments would need to be made or a more standard refresh button would need to be added, but yes--I agree it's necessary.

I just realized I still had the beta version installed on my phone, so I deleted that and added the updated App Store version. I was hoping some of the shortcomings I've asked about had been fixed, but nope--it's still virtually unusable to me (without the go-to-first-unread-post feature) and is now cluttered with ads.
+1! I am throwing my vote in for this feature -- if there was one thing I really really wanted in this app was to get a refresh button. It's annoying when you have to close out of the app completely just to get it to refresh.

Old Sep 5, 2011, 9:15 pm
Used to be highman123

can't login using iphone app

I tried on Iphone an Ipad (latest OS) - I can use and read stories just fine.

However when I'm logged in it always gives me the connection error. This happens when I'm using wifi (full signal strength) and 3G.

The same issue appears on my ipad.

Any ideas?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Any plans of displaying what forum the messages are posted in? Example: when you first open the app and read a "Newest" post, you have no idea which forum it's attached to.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by KS530
I have yet to be able to connect to the forums. Every time I try to navigate around I get the following message:

"There appears to be a connection issues between your device and FlyerTalk. Please try again."

Happens all the time regardless of whether I'm connected with 3G or wifi.
I have received the same message; I've deleted and redownloaded the app twice. I also receive this message when I log out after not really connecting:

Invalid Access Token

Any thoughts?
Old Sep 13, 2011, 5:44 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Error appears to be connected to those accounts created through Facebook Connect rather than through the FT site; try converting your accoutn by following the procedure here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...r-account.html
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:17 am

Aww i wish this was for droid as well..

OH SNAP! there it is!

awesome!!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:45 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Two questions....

I am unable to see a link to a poll's results when viewing a thread on my iPhone 3gs (running iOS5). There is a thread in the private TalkBoard forum about electing a TB President which has a poll and I am unable to see the link for the results either looking at the post itself or tapping the post to go to the page where I can reply but If I go to FT via Safari on my iPhone, I can see the link to the poll results (and this happens in other (non-private) forums as well).

When replying to a post (either by quoting or a non-quoted reply), in the lower right of the reply area, there are icons for smiles, bolding and etc but they interfere with/overlap the text that I'm typing and I can't seem to "make them go away". (and humor me as I'm new to the iphone so maybe I'm missing something)
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD
When some refers to a link in a post, the iPhone app doesn't take me to the correct link. I see flyertalk.com link twice.

Last edited by sunk818; Dec 12, 2011 at 10:13 am Reason: [nm]
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:05 pm

Hey guys - Have only been using it for about a month but the app is fantastic. The best forum app I have come across thus far. Nicely done.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
Hey guys - Have only been using it for about a month but the app is fantastic. The best forum app I have come across thus far. Nicely done.
You must not have tried the MP app.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'm glad this forum exists because I was planning to create my own.

This website and the iPhone app are both terrible. The idea of this site is excellent of course, but its implementation needs to be better.

--The search feature is horrible. Easier to do a Google search external to the website.
--The text editing in html is really useless unless you have experience with HTML.
--Private messages where you choose to send an email (rather than PM) to someone disappears. I.e. if you email someone via FT, you have no record of it after you hit the send button.
--Forums and threads get so large, that you can't find what you're looking for easily. For example, if I want to see the latest Marriott promotions, I have to search the entire Marriott promotions thread (since the first post is from years ago). The problem is, the last post isn't always the information you need...usually it's someone commenting or complaining about something...not actually the information you need.

App:
--Connection errors ALL the time even when there's no connection problem.
--Can't see what forum a message is in when in the "newest" tab. i.e. if someone posts "maximizing miles from DEN-SEA", I have no idea if the message was posted on the DL forum, the UA forum, the F9 forum, etc.
--Clicking on links that open the Safari browser are often broken. You have to "quote" a reply, highlight the original link, and copy/paste it into a browser.
--You can't compose a new thread to a specific forum. For example, if I click the new button and type my message, it won't let me select a sub thread (e.g Delta), and it also won't let me select major threads (e.g. Airline programs). The only ones it allows in "Miles & Points" is MilesBuzz, Hotel Deals, Mileage Run Deals, and SPAM. Can't post to Airline programs, Global airline alliances, Hotel programs, etc etc.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:57 pm

Mp app is an iPhone app. Flyertalk app is not designed with iPhone in mind, but it works
Old Jan 14, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by keloutwest

--The search feature is horrible. Easier to do a Google search external to the website.
True, but it is hard to limit Google searches to a specific forum.

Originally Posted by keloutwest
--Forums and threads get so large, that you can't find what you're looking for easily. For example, if I want to see the latest Marriott promotions, I have to search the entire Marriott promotions thread (since the first post is from years ago). The problem is, the last post isn't always the information you need...usually it's someone commenting or complaining about something...not actually the information you need.
Absolutely. This is especially painful when searching for information in a massive thread.

I think it would be very helpful if posters could choose between an "information" and "comment" icon/button for their post. Then, at a minimum, one could try and look at just the "information" posts when reading. Or, the web site could offer an option to collapse/scan a thread by hiding the "comment" posts, perhaps with a disclosure triangle.

Last edited by anabolism; Jan 14, 2012 at 10:55 pm
Old Jan 19, 2012, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by anabolism
I think it would be very helpful if posters could choose between an "information" and "comment" icon/button for their post. Then, at a minimum, one could try and look at just the "information" posts when reading. Or, the web site could offer an option to collapse/scan a thread by hiding the "comment" posts, perhaps with a disclosure triangle.
Interesting idea.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:37 am

Anabolism - there is a google search parameter call inurl . Since ft is split by forum numbers you can search by forum this way.

The problem is that google is not required to make all posts searchable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.