Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Facebook Connect FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by EtoileFilante
Who can we contact about this, now that this user is no longer admin?
In the absence of someone responding with a specific answer to your post, a current list of admins is available near the bottom of this page: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showgroups.php (look for the group with all the handles in red).
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:12 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
You can always use the CONTACT US link on every page. Or PM me
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:03 am

Can't change email when logged in via FB

1. Create account using facebook connect
2. Go to edit password/email
3. Notice that your email is [something]@www.flyertalk.om
4. Notice that you can't edit this without knowing your password; you don't know your password; and you can't get your password reset except to the above email, which you don't receive.
5. Never get any emails (e.g. for subscriptions, PMs, etc).

Could this be fixed please?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:05 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...r-account.html
Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Facebook Login Query

Hey guys,

Ive always just used Facebook login to access Flyertalk but wanting to change that.

Somebody suggested I just 'Edit my email address' to my current email address. But to do that, I need to enter in a password. Something I dont have since I don't enter a username or password to login to Flyertalk.

'Forgotten my password' just asks for an email address which I havent registered.

Any ideas/help please?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
http://www.flyertalk.com/help/feedbacktxt.php
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:01 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
There's also a technical support forum, and I've alerted the moderator that this thread might be better suited there.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
There's also a technical support forum, and I've alerted the moderator that this thread might be better suited there.
So redirected

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Dec 13, 2016, 4:39 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Facebook authentication problems on Flyertalk

Hi,

Recently (in the last week) the Facebook login button has been removed from the forum login page (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php). As I have a Flyertalk account which is linked to my Facebook account for login, I now have to click the "Log in" form submit button once so I get to to the invalid userword/password page (at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/login.php?do=login) before I can see the Facebook button and login.

Does this change mean Flyertalk intend to phase-out Facebook logins? Or is the removal from the first url simply a bug?

Either way, it would be useful to have a way to convert a Facebook-authenticated Flyertalk account to allow authentication via a username/password. I can't find a way of doing this currently (if I click "Forgot Password?" while I'm logged in I'm shown an email address that's a placeholder (i.e. [email protected]) and I can't change the email address associated with my account without entering a password (which I don't have due to relying on Facebook to authenticate the account).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

John
Old Dec 14, 2016, 4:43 pm

To transition, try this:

1. Login to FT via FB as normal
2. Go to MyFlyerTalk http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php
3. Go to Edit Email & Password
4. Enter an EMAIL ADDRESS in “New Email Address” AND “Confirm New Email Address” lines (Do NOT enter a password)
5. Hit SAVE CHANGES
6. Go to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw and request a temporary password reset
7. Wait for email to arrive and follow instructions to login with new password, then change password to something permanent.

Familing that, get in touch with me or IBjoel via PM and we can help.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:50 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by IBobi
To transition, try this:

1. Login to FT via FB as normal
2. Go to MyFlyerTalk http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php
3. Go to Edit Email & Password
4. Enter an EMAIL ADDRESS in “New Email Address” AND “Confirm New Email Address” lines (Do NOT enter a password)
5. Hit SAVE CHANGES
6. Go to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw and request a temporary password reset
7. Wait for email to arrive and follow instructions to login with new password, then change password to something permanent.

Familing that, get in touch with me or IBjoel via PM and we can help.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, when I following this, after (5) I get the following error:
The password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

To confirm, I left the password field blank (and checked it wasn't auto-filled after I entered the email address I wanted to use).

I'll PM you in the hope you can manually change my email address for me.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by itfcfan

The password you have entered does not match your current one. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

To confirm, I left the password field blank (and checked it wasn't auto-filled after I entered the email address I wanted to use).

I'm experiencing the same problem. Seems the transition is not currently possible without admin interventions.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
I'm experiencing the same problem. Seems the transition is not currently possible without admin interventions.
Please PM IBjoel if you cannot make the transition happen yourself.
Old May 8, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by itfcfan

I'm experiencing this issue. I've PM both the Admin - could you assist please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.