Wiki Posts
Search

Class Action Lawsuit/Settlement Forum

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:43 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by tom911
Didn't those pretty much go out the window when the smoker's forum was created?
I'm not on nor part of TalkBoard; I'm just a moderator here.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Not relevant to the discussion, but what's up with the date on the Mod-inserted first post?
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by empedocles
Not relevant to the discussion, but what's up with the date on the Mod-inserted first post?
It's a copy of an existing post.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by JDiver
I've no horse in this race; TalkBoard evaluates and determines how well this horse trots.

I have attached the criteria used by TalkBoard in evaluating new fora (see the first post).

/Moderator
By some on TalkBoard, perhaps.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Class Action/Air Help--S.P.A.M. Sub-Forum

It would be fine with me, if the Class Action/Air Help forum was merged with and part of the (sub-forum) S.P.A.M. or like existing forum.

The Air Help information could help many, in our 500,000++ community. There are many areas with our life as consumers, the Class Action part of the forum, would be of great benefit to our members.

While not necessarily a true travel forum, the S.P.A.M. forum has been great benefit to me, personally and I believe many within our community.

In this way, I believe the Class Action/Air Help Sub-Forum would be of great benefit to the membership.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Lightbulb Proposal: S.P.A.M. Class Action/Air Help Sub-Forum

Originally Posted by Moderator2
The following are qualitative criteria that the TalkBoard believes are useful to consider when evaluating proposals to create, close, split, or move forums. Whenever a forum change is discussed on the TalkBoard Topics, the TalkBoard encourages posters to fully address these criteria in addition to any other reasons supporting or opposing the change.
Originally Posted by Moderator2

1. Will the forum be (or is it now) beneficial to FlyerTalk?

This S.P.A.M. sub-forum; will be of great benefit to the community, as it will help make the membership significant sums of money, when they have been wronged.

2. Will the new forum benefit a relationship with FlyerTalk? E.g., does the forum provide value for FT members, such as a friendly ear highly placed in the company?

It will show opportunities for financial betterment, that the membership may not be aware that exists. In addition, Air Help will enable busy travel professionals to receive what is due them under EU Law, while not having to do the workload themselves.

3. Is FT the best place to discuss this subject?

Yes, a Flyertalk S.P.A.M. Sub-Forum would be the best place online, to discuss these many important travel/consumer related issues/payments.

4. Is there a passionate following? This is essential in order to provide dedicated expert helpers to get questions answered.

Once the membership stated receiving health checks back from Air Help & good Legal Settlements, I believe this would be a popular sub-forum.

5. Is a critical mass of posts and readers anticipated or existing? We need adequate traffic to keep everyone visiting frequently. One living forum is more valuable than two mostly dead ones.

Based on the strong success of the S.P.A.M. forum, yes I believe there is strong current evidence of a likelihood of long term success, for this sub-forum.

6. Is this the best place on FlyerTalk for this subject? This is the classification issue. The answer depends primarily on achieving and maintaining critical mass. It also depends on whether or where the discussion might (or does) occur in the absence of the forum.

The S.P.A.M. forum is the most closely similar forum: along with its large fan base, it seems a natural fit.

7. For proposals to split a forum, is the split expected to improve the signal to noise ratio? Why?

Yes, the subject needs a spit forum, as not to be confused with the other generic offerings.

Procedural Statements by the TalkBoard

8. The TalkBoard does not anticipate using automatic sunsetting of forums, preferring instead to create forums only when we they are strongly expected to succeed.

9. At the end of each year, the TalkBoard President will ask the FlyerTalk Host for end-of-year forum activity metrics. Each February, the TalkBoard shall review the least-used forums for possible closure, based on the end-of-year metrics. Members should not expect public notice in advance of proposals to close forums due to the potential for manipulation of the metrics.

Passed June 28, 2010:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/town-...m-changes.html
Old Sep 3, 2015, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
FT is the best place to discuss this? Sorry but I disagree.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
FT is the best place to discuss this? Sorry but I disagree.

FT is a good place to discuss this and yes it would benefit the membership.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Disagree as has already been pointed out these class actions rarely have anything to do with travel so am quite sure there are far better boards to track these suits than FT. Just because you're an FTer who follows these doesn't mean everyone else does or would. Just MHO.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This wouldn't even make for a good thread in OMNI.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 9:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by RichMSN
This wouldn't even make for a good thread in OMNI.
Is the moon full?

I quite agree with you.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:28 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
But I think we can all agree: There are many things that would benefit the membership that also are not travel related. We don't have a homebuying subforum or a deciding which college to select subforum or a weight loss subforum. When travel related, people start class action threads. I've seen it again and again.

Also, I'm not sure I understand the fixation on AirHelp, which has nothing to do with class actions.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Is the moon full?

I quite agree with you.
Nah, we agree on a lot, I'm thinking. I'm not a "me too" kinda guy, so I probably just nod silently when it happens.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
<snip>

Also, I'm not sure I understand the fixation on AirHelp, which has nothing to do with class actions.
A bit of Googling reveals many such sites, including one based in the USA.

http://www.euroclaimusa.com

And a number of sites that educate and inform, free of commissions, as well.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:25 pm

All of the concerns are valid, which is why I feel that this would be a good addition to the S.P.A.M. FORUM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.