Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Voting Ended - Motion Passed: Return Budget Airline forums to Their Prior airline for

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 23, 2015, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
"
Voting Ended - Motion Passed:
"Return Budget Airline Forums Back to Their Respective Other Airlines Forums"
(Thread title shortened due to title length limitations.)
"
Print Wikipost

Voting Ended - Motion Passed: Return Budget Airline forums to Their Prior airline for

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2015, 3:07 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others

(title shortened due to limitations: "Comments Welcome/Voting Underway: Return Budget Airline Forums Back to Their Respective Other Airlines Forums")

Moved by Canarsie and seconded by rwoman:

TalkBoard recommends a motion for the closure of the following forums on FlyerTalk — along with the following respective actions — primarily due to low traffic:
  • Budget Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines, with its content to return to the Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines forum
  • Budget European Airlines, with its content to return to the Other European Airlines
  • Budget Middle East and African Airlines, with its content to return to the Other Middle Eastern and African Airlines forum
  • Budget North and South American Airlines, with its content to return to the Other North and South American Airlines forum

This vote will close on June 4, 2015 , at 3:00PM* CST or after all TalkBoard members have registered their vote, whichever comes first.

Per the TalkBoard Guidelines:

A motion shall pass if at least two-thirds of the yes or no votes cast by TalkBoard members are ‘yes’ and a majority of the total TalkBoard membership votes 'yes' after voting opens 2 days after a site-wide announcement.

The purpose of posting voting topics in the public TalkBoard Topics forum is to solicit member feedback on any motions that are up for a vote and to allow for comments after a vote is made. It is at the sole discretion of the individual TalkBoard members whether they choose to post in the public discussion thread, there being no requirement to do so.

So while there is already a thread and discussion on this general topic and it is safe to assume that TalkBoard members have reviewed that thread, this thread is about this specific motion.

Please feel free to post questions, comments or any other sort of feedback in this thread or the discussion thread found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...line-fora.html

*will revise exact time once site-wide announcement is made

EDIT:
May 19, 2015 1:07AM - Due to a clear copy/paste error in the original motion (Budget European Airlines, with its content to return to the Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines forum instead of Budget European Airlines, with its content to return to the Other European Airlines), the fix was motioned by the original TB member and seconded.

Last edited by jason8612; May 19, 2015 at 12:07 am Reason: editing out typing issue
Old May 18, 2015, 4:18 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by jason8612
[*]Budget European Airlines, with its content to return to the Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines forum
Is this a typo? Shouldn't threads from Budget European Airlines go into the Other European Airlines forum?
Old May 18, 2015, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by lo2e
Is this a typo? Shouldn't threads from Budget European Airlines go into the Other European Airlines forum?
Good catch. I believe it should go to the Other European Airlines forum.

Old May 18, 2015, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The motion as posted above is exactly the same as the motion that was formally moved and seconded in the private TB forum.
Old May 18, 2015, 9:58 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

That is a typographical error on my part.

Thank you for catching it, lo2e. Please accept my apologies.

I have revised the motion in the private TalkBoard forum.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: HH Silver
Full and completely support the motion as drafted.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I support this with an exception-redirection for any relevant airlines that are India-based, Russia-based or subsidiaries of large airlines with their own FFP forums already.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I support this with an exception-redirection for any relevant airlines that are India-based, Russia-based or subsidiaries of large airlines with their own FFP forums already.
I agree; but that could most likely be up to the discretion of the moderators of those respective forums — which in all four forums would be the Senior Moderators.
Old May 18, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think it's implicit in the language that we're just combining Budget and Other in each area. Airlines that currently appear in Russia, India, etc. will stay were they are now. Similarly if the subsidiaries aren't currently in Other or Budget but are presently grouped with their parent airline (Scoot, Silk, Thai Smile, DLConnection carriers, LOT and LX under LH, although I'm not sure how GermanWings is treated).
Old May 18, 2015, 1:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I agree; but that could most likely be up to the discretion of the moderators of those respective forums — which in all four forums would be the Senior Moderators.
I'm referring to six specific forums -- the four "Other" forums and the two [country]-based forums -- in case some Indian and FSU budget carrier threads are (or otherwise would have come up) in the "Budget Asian" or " Budget European" forums (if not for this motion passing).

Last edited by GUWonder; May 18, 2015 at 1:27 pm
Old May 18, 2015, 2:41 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I have just checked this.

All discussions of India based and Russia based budget carriers are taking place in the respective India and Russia based airlines forums. Several SpiceJet threads moved into the Budget Asia Airlines forum at the time the forum was created have now been archived in the India based airlines forum.

So for clarity, existing India and Russia LCC discussions will not be affected by this proposal.
Old May 18, 2015, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero

All discussions of India based and Russia based budget carriers are taking place in the respective India and Russia based airlines forums. Several SpiceJet threads moved into the Budget Asia Airlines forum at the time the forum was created have now been archived in the India based airlines forum.

So for clarity, existing India and Russia LCC discussions will not be affected by this proposal.
Ah — I apparently initially misunderstood GUWonder as referring to any discussions in the four affected forums whose topics may pertain to airlines based in India or Russia; to which I responded that if there were any, it would be under the purview of you and the other three Senior Moderators to move them to their respective appropriate forums...

...but your clarification seems to resolve that, as those existing discussions would indeed not be affected.

Thank you, Prospero.
Old May 18, 2015, 3:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Prospero

That is good to know. Thanks. That will also hold for future discussions of Indian and Russian LCCs?
Old May 19, 2015, 12:08 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Please note the following edit

EDIT:
May 19, 2015 1:07AM - Due to a clear copy/paste error in the original motion (Budget European Airlines, with its content to return to the Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines forum instead of Budget European Airlines, with its content to return to the Other European Airlines), the fix was motioned by the original TB member and seconded.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The site wide announcement is now live and will remain in place until 28 May.

Prospero
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.