Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
I love it!! ^
Old Nov 27, 2013, 8:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Great! Congrats to all new members and a big "thank you" to those who are departing.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: Skyteam
There should be an independent commitee formed to investigate possible election fraud.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by wharvey
So sorry to see the low voter turnout!
Not at all surprising, however.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Congratulations to all who were elected/re-elected!

Wishing you all the best as you take on this task.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Markie

Congrats to (nearly) all.....now let's see some action please!

In my view TB last year spent most of the time asleep last year; with a rush to action just as elections arrived. Perhaps we can have some more proposals throughout the year?
Markie Forget about them being asleep LAST year - I only noticed today that Talkboard has not voted on a single motion for SIX MONTHS, and that is a sad indictment in my view too.

I made the proposed motion today, that I hope gets nominated and seconded and voted on -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22968643-post328.html

Whether it succeeds, is up to all the members of Talkboard, and I do not mind either way on the outcome, but for goodness sakes lets see SOME action in there, or frankly we really do not need a Talkboard. Carol can make the few routine calls a year that TB are now doing.

Lets see if some of the new members - who have not had a chance to vote on a SINGLE things for 6 months, can get a little pro-active here, and get something on the table for a vote.

All of them can nominate and second any motion.

I served a few years there, and recall it used to take up a lot of time of all elected members, but things did get done, and at least we voted on several motions a month.

Glen

Last edited by ozstamps; Jun 2, 2014 at 10:56 pm
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
oz, you've made your point. As I already mentioned, I have directed the other members to look at your posts in the other thread and TCook's post and have promised action and to think about what you've said. I don't think there was any need to drag up a 6 month old thread to say what you've already been saying and to remind us how we can do our jobs.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
CMK10 - actually you will find I was typing as you made your post. My apologies for not reading your mind.

Anyway I was simply following up Markie's comment, that little seemed to have occurred last year, with the reality observation that NOTHING has occurred in the past 6 months. Not a single motion voted on by TB.

You were only voted on at Xmas, so presumably have participated in voting on no motions at all in your tenure?

Markie was on the elected TB too in the past as I recall, and this is simply a few older hands passing valid comment onto the new inductees. Nothing wrong with that.

"Total inaction is superb and safe policy" may well be the current TB motto, I do not know - but as a Flyertalk member I can express my comments on that apparent policy if I wish, in this "TalkBoard Topics" Forum.

This is the only thread I could see re the NEW Talkboard members so it indeed seemed MOST relevant to make the comments here, to update things.

Propose my motion why don't you - I am sure there will be a seconder, and vote against it (as you are free to do) as this huge 25 pixel icon --> <-- will chew up too much of your data bandwidth each month you assure us, but at least we will SEE a vote of some kind in 2014!

Glen

Last edited by ozstamps; Jun 3, 2014 at 12:22 am
Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by ozstamps
but at least we will SEE a vote of some kind in 2014!

Glen
I am certain there will be a vote. There has been a suggestion for TalkBoard to recommend that the Community Director establish a USA Forum. The Community Director posted in that thread that she thinks it would be a good idea.

Based on the history of Randy having asked a previous TalkBoard to recommend to him to establish three forums, which it immediately did (despite having voted earlier not to establish at least one of those forums), I feel confident that TalkBoard will vote to recommend to the Community Director that she establish the forum which she has urged it to recommend to her to establish.

(Of course, as with all such votes, it will merely be a recommendation by TalkBoard and the Community Director would be free to reject it and to refuse to establish the forum which she has said that she would like TalkBoard to recommend to her that she establish.)
Old Jun 3, 2014, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Dovster
I am certain there will be a vote. There has been a suggestion for TalkBoard to recommend that the Community Director establish a USA Forum. The Community Director posted in that thread that she thinks it would be a good idea.

Based on the history of Randy having asked a previous TalkBoard to recommend to him to establish three forums, which it immediately did (despite having voted earlier not to establish at least one of those forums), I feel confident that TalkBoard will vote to recommend to the Community Director that she establish the forum which she has urged it to recommend to her to establish.

(Of course, as with all such votes, it will merely be a recommendation by TalkBoard and the Community Director would be free to reject it and to refuse to establish the forum which she has said that she would like TalkBoard to recommend to her that she establish.)
A USA forum? As in a destination forum for the entire United States?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 3:21 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Originally Posted by Dovster
There has been a suggestion for TalkBoard to recommend that the Community Director establish a USA Forum. ...
A USA forum? As in a destination forum for the entire United States?
Read the relevant discussion TB thread if you want to learn more about it:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...s-section.html
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ozstamps
...I served a few years there, and recall it used to take up a lot of time of all elected members, but things did get done, and at least we voted on several motions a month.
This seems unfair to me. In FlyerTalk's early days, there was lots to do, and people like you did it. We all thank you for that.

Today, FlyerTalk is quite mature and established, and less needs to be done. Change for the sake of change is purposeless wheel-spinning that benefits no one.

We Talkboard members are all active here and paying attention to what's going on. The fact that we have not seen fit to recommend any changes for a while does not suggest dereliction of duty.

Bruce
Old Jun 3, 2014, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bdschobel
This seems unfair to me. In FlyerTalk's early days, there was lots to do, and people like you did it. We all thank you for that.

Today, FlyerTalk is quite mature and established, and less needs to be done. Change for the sake of change is purposeless wheel-spinning that benefits no one.

We Talkboard members are all active here and paying attention to what's going on. The fact that we have not seen fit to recommend any changes for a while does not suggest dereliction of duty.

Bruce
Agree with the above 100%.

Also a bit confused on being told TB wasn't busy last year as there were votes on 9 motions.

Cheers.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by bdschobel

Bruce
From an insider's perspective, that makes very good sense to me. Knowing when not to act unnecessarily is as much wisdom as knowing when deliberate action is required. As our off-site Americanism says, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Meanwhile, the Board does seem actively involved in proposals presented.

(As a member, not moderator here.)
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JDiver
From an insider's perspective, that makes very good sense to me. Knowing when not to act unnecessarily is as much wisdom as knowing when deliberate action is required. As our off-site Americanism says, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Meanwhile, the Board does seem actively involved in proposals presented.

(As a member, not moderator here.)
Thank you, I appreciate that. And as I related to oz in the other thread he made his complaints on, we have a lot of discussion in our private forum. I myself have made at least three suggestions that we debated and ultimately decided not to move further on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.