FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Topics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/)
-   -   2013 Talkboard Election results (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics/1524089-2013-talkboard-election-results.html)

SanDiego1K Nov 22, 2013 9:16 am

2013 Talkboard Election results

Voting for Talkboard concluded last night. Here are the results.

Relected to Talkboard:

goalie
kokonutz

Elected to Talkboard for the first time:

CMK10
bdschobel
rwoman

Filling the 1 year vacancy left by HansGolden:

Marathon Man

First to come onto Talkboard should a vacancy occur within the next 12 months:

Jason8612

We had 738 votes cast this year. Votes for the top vote getters are as follows:

goalie - 358
CMK10 - 322
bdschobel - 319
kokonutz - 311
rwoman - 233
Marathon Man - 223
jason8612 - 210

Votes for the other 9 candidates ran between 24 and 109.

Thanks to everyone who ran. Congratulations to those elected. I appreciate your service this coming term.

SkiAdcock Nov 22, 2013 9:24 am

Congrats to those re-elected & those elected for the first time, & a big thanks to everyone who ran! I look forward to serving with the new (and returning) TB members.

Cheers.

wharvey Nov 22, 2013 10:03 am

Congrats to the victors! I only voted for two people and they both got elected!

So sorry to see the low voter turnout!

Cholula Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am

A sincere thanks to everybody who ran....and voted....in this years election!

I'm looking forward to working with the new electees in 2014.

oliver2002 Nov 22, 2013 10:27 am

Hey cool, I voted for 5 of the top 7 :)

Jinxy Nov 22, 2013 10:42 am

2013 Talkboard Election results

4 out of 5 I voted for were elected. Well done to the new ones! Very pleased for you.
Disappointing voting numbers though....which in hindsight for people that have been around a long time getting people you know or speak to regularly isn't that hard. Hope to see the system overhauled.

kokonutz Nov 22, 2013 10:56 am

My most sincere condolences to all of us who were elected! :eek:

goalie Nov 22, 2013 11:15 am

My thanks to all of those who decided to run ^ and congrats to those elected & re-elected ^ - and in my case, I am again humbled and honored :)

bdschobel Nov 22, 2013 12:05 pm

I appreciate the vote of confidence from everybody who voted for me, and I will strive to work as hard as a member of Talkboard as I have over the past decade or so as a moderator and regular participant in Flyertalk discussions. Flyertalk is a great place already -- maybe the only website I check at least daily, no matter where I am or what I'm doing. I hope to make some contribution toward making Flyertalk even better in the future, and I look forward to working with my new Talkboard colleagues.

Bruce

dchristiva Nov 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Congratulations to those who were elected, those who ran, and those who voted. All of these efforts will yield a better FT.

CMK10 Nov 22, 2013 3:07 pm

Thank you everyone, I'm honored to be elected and honored still to have come in second in the voting. I hope to do you all proud ^

MSPeconomist Nov 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Congratulations to those who were elected (or re-elected).

CDKing Nov 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 21835400)
Thank you everyone, I'm honored to be elected and honored still to have come in second in the voting. I hope to do you all proud ^

#2 in votes. That's Awesome.

Markie Nov 23, 2013 2:47 am

Congrats to (nearly) all.....now let's see some action please!

In my view TB last year spent most of the time asleep last year; with a rush to action just as elections arrived. Perhaps we can have some more proposals throughout the year?

bdschobel Nov 23, 2013 3:42 am

What are your areas of concern? I know that you don't want action just for the sake of action.

Bruce