Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Proposal: Sticky Thread in Europe Forum about the basics of planning a trip in Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal: Sticky Thread in Europe Forum about the basics of planning a trip in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
The volunteers are critical to righting the ship.. volunteers include TB members, moderators, etc..
Still floundering on the nautical analogies? IMHO this thread is proof of exactly the opposite, which is that FT is steering the correct course with a collaborative effort to forum layout and is not requiring a course correction or righting in this instance. YMMV, of course.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by tcook052
I wasn't aware the ship needed righting.
We've been listing to the left over here in Europe for some time now. But some of us are quite content with that.

caspritz, great idea, especially as some of the thread topics reappear on a very frequent basis. (I will admit that I don't participate very often because I don't know how many times I can say the same thing about trips to Oberbayern/Salzburg, etc) The various suggested formats should help with those types of very common questions.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Still floundering on the nautical analogies?
The Costa accident could have been avoided I guess.. but the ships' captain decide to take it off route, with everyone onboard trusting him..

imo.. checks and balances are needed, but like you said YMMV. For the record, no where did I say FT was off course.. but what I meant was FT continues the right course with the help of volunteers..
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
For the record, no where did I say FT was off course.. but what I meant was FT continues the right course with the help of volunteers..
Actually, when you said

volunteers are critical to righting the ship
"righting the ship" is a nautical term for a ship that's out of balance and listing to one side and in need of being corrected or "righted" so it sits fully upright in the water. The implication was that FT was imbalanced or somehow off kilter which as I said it not something with which I would agree.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Actually, when you said

"righting the ship" is a nautical term for a ship that's out of balance and listing to one side and in need of being corrected or "righted" so it sits fully upright in the water. The implication was that FT was imbalanced or somehow off kilter which as I said it not something with which I would agree.
Obviously, you've taken my comment completely out of context..
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Obviously, you've taken my comment completely out of context..
Obviously not. You comment would seem to be in error.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by wharvey
You may want to reach out to the moderators of that forum on your suggestion. Not really a TB issue.

Sounds like a great idea.
I like that idea, too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.