Motion Passed: Add SIXT Car Rental forum

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 2:18 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Yes +1
Old Oct 17, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Dia.
I would endorse the new forum...easier for rookies like me to locate the information. I've used them on a number of occasions over the years and find them to have better pricing in most cases. Also, I typically receive upgrades, even though I wouldn't be considered a "frequent renter." I've received upgrades even though the lower rental class that I'd reserved was available...no price difference.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:11 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I don't understand what someone's motivation would be to come to a thread such as this to say NO. Especially when your location suggests that you don't even have a Sixt station within 2000 miles.

It is a bit like writing to a newspaper to complain about a TV show that you didn't see.

Given that this thread is full of Sixt aficionados that would love to see a more orderly representation of Sixt in the forum. How about the NO argument gets turned on its head? If you want to say NO then you should be able to materially illustrate that the inclusion of Sixt on FT would negatively impact upon your otherwise carefree navigation of the FT website.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:11 pm

yes +1
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
I am in favor of a Sixt forum.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:23 pm

sissignore

sissignore
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:48 pm

I am also in favor of adding a Sixt forum. I use them frequently
in Europe.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:08 pm

Sixt rental forum

yes please, I have found Sixt to be the best of all the car rental companies, for service, price,and above all courtesy.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 9:25 pm

First time I´m renting from them but I´m impressed: $55 2-day compact rental w/gps one-way FLL-MIA Oct 2011 incl tax
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:15 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Motion passes

Motion passes 9-0.

Voting yes: bhatnasx, Cholula, jackal, lucky9876coins, Markie, nsx, SkiAdcock, Spiff, UA_Flyer
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by nsx
Motion passes 9-0.

Voting yes: bhatnasx, Cholula, jackal, lucky9876coins, Markie, nsx, SkiAdcock, Spiff, UA_Flyer
Gee, what a shock! We can only hope now that Carol will agree to it.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond,Bonvoy Platinum,Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade,LH SEN,AZ Gold,VS Elevate Gold
yes - why not - it's not as if we get charged per word....
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
Gee, what a shock! We can only hope now that Carol will agree to it.
I gave my reasoning for it earlier this thread.

If you're implying that all the TB members voted in favor soley due to SanDiego1k's recommendation that this be brought up, that's your opinion, but not the case for all the TB members.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I gave my reasoning for it earlier this thread.

If you're implying that all the TB members voted in favor soley due to SanDiego1k's recommendation that this be brought up, that's your opinion, but not the case for all the TB members.
It was never the case for all TB members. Even in the examples which I gave earlier (re Randy and the three forums), there were TB members whose history made it predictable that they would favor those forums if Randy had not asked for them.

I'm happy that this forum was established but I am also certain that it had much easier sailing through TB then it would have if someone other than Carol had suggested it.

As you, yourself, posted, "This does step away from the traditional requirments of forum creation."
Old Oct 18, 2011, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Dovster
As you, yourself, posted, "This does step away from the traditional requirments of forum creation."
To understand my viewpoint, a bit of history is required here. I firmly believe that those "traditional requirements" are ridiculous. In fact, my opposition to them was among the main reason why I ran for TB the first time.

At the time, they were not listed as suggestions but rather as carved-in-stone, unalterable, requirements.

Basically, they boiled down to this: In order for TB to approve a new forum, someone requesting one had to show numerous posts about the subject which did not have another place where they appeared.

The idiocy of that is self-evident: If they do not have another place to appear, then they do not appear and there is no way that anyone could point to them.

If they do appear, no matter how far off topic for the particular forum, then they did not require a new forum.

I specifically was upset that requests for two forums, one for "Christian travelers" and the second for "student travelers" were rejected by TB without even being voted upon. After all, the arguments went, the posts could be made in Travel Buzz.

When I got elected, I changed the requests slightly. I made "Christian Travelers" into "Religious Travel" and "Student travelers" into "Budget Travel".

Aided by another new member of TB (Attorney28) who felt the same way that I did, we managed to get these forums established. (A special credit belongs to ScottC, who changed his mind and actually made the motion to establish the Religious Travelers forum.)

Religious Travel did not turn out to be a success. It basically became "Kosher Food Travel" and there was not, IMHO, enough interest to warrant a separate forum. I tried to have it removed but was unsuccessful.

On the other hand, "Budget Travel" was very successful. It was eventually moderated by one of the people who asked for it -- some guy with the unpronouncable name of "bhatnasx".

My objection, therefore, is not to having Sixt having its own forum, but rather to the idea of "if the Community Director asks for it, we will approve it." TB is NOT elected by the Community Director but by ordinary members -- and it is those members it should be representing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.