FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Topics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/)
-   -   Motion Passed: Add SIXT Car Rental forum (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics/1266295-motion-passed-add-sixt-car-rental-forum.html)

nsx Oct 5, 2011 5:20 pm

Motion Passed: Add SIXT Car Rental forum

Moved by SkiAdcock and seconded by nsx:

The TalkBoard recommends to the Community Director the creation of a Forum for SIXT Car Rental (aka, “SIXT”) and relocation of appropriate threads from other forums once created.

This vote will close on Oct 19, 11 at 2:25 PM Pacific Time or after all TalkBoard members have registered their vote, whichever comes first.

Per the TalkBoard Guidelines:

A motion shall pass if the ratio of 'yes' votes of TalkBoard members to 'no' votes is at least 2 to 1 and the 'yes' vote count is a majority of the entire TalkBoard. (Since the TalkBoard has 9 members, this means 6 'yes' votes in most cases, 5 'yes' votes if 2 or more members fail to vote 'yes' or 'no'.)

The purpose of posting voting topics in the public TalkBoard Topics forum is to solicit member feedback on any motions that are up for a vote and to allow for comments after a vote is made. It is at the sole discretion of the individual TalkBoard members whether they choose to post in the public discussion thread, there being no requirement to do so.

Members should feel free to discuss the pros and cons in this thread.

Edited to add:

Motion passes 9-0.

Voting yes: bhatnasx, Cholula, jackal, lucky9876coins, Markie, nsx, SkiAdcock, Spiff, UA_Flyer

bodory Oct 6, 2011 2:01 am

I would indeed like to see a dedicated Sixt Car Rental forum here on FT.

Numerous FTers hold status card with Sixt and Sixt seems to be very "frequent flyer' oriented since it continuously matches Elite cards from various ailrines FFP to its own program.

A significant number of thread is the current "other car rental companies" are about Sixt.

Moreover, Sixt has representatives who regularly post on FT.

noah Oct 6, 2011 3:19 am

I would absolutely support a separate forum for Sixt. I've been very impressed by their high quality customer service -- from the experience in the rental and to their having dedicated representatives on FT. I think the FT community would highly benefit from having a place to discuss Sixt deals, the awards/status program, their fleet (which IMHO is the best in the business) and a dedicated place to engage with the Sixt team.

thomas199023 Oct 6, 2011 3:40 am

I support the creation of a new forum as well. As said before the commitment of the Sixt team to Flyertalk is significant.

There are often good deals to find but they are hardly noticed as they are now in this sub forum.

travelkid Oct 6, 2011 9:25 am

My full support- whatever that matters:D

I didnt find any proposal thread or due diligence on this? Does that mean that TB finally are prepared to develop FT in this manner themselves and has done the homework? In that case^ Also would TBers care to share the background for this?

nsx Oct 6, 2011 9:39 am

Originally Posted by travelkid (Post 17229744)
I didnt find any proposal thread or due diligence on this? Does that mean that TB finally are prepared to develop FT in this manner themselves and has done the homework? In that case^ Also would TBers care to share the background for this?

Sure thing. TB receives suggestions from members and from our Community Director. In this case it was the latter. She had noticed a large number of SIXT threads and asked the TB to consider whether a new forum was warranted. Once we did that, it appeared to me that there was no need to delay action.

In summary, you can direct your thanks to SanDiego1K, who continues to amaze me. Although it would be hard to top her feat of populating the brand-new LAN forum with pages and pages of threads in less than 3 hours.

travelkid Oct 6, 2011 9:57 am

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 17229832)
In summary, you can direct your thanks to SanDiego1K, who continues to amaze me. Although it would be hard to top her feat of populating the brand-new LAN forum with pages and pages of threads in less than 3 hours.

SanDiego1k^

Great initiative. Really appreciate it.

Im just afraid that based on TBs conservative past, this wont pass without an answer to TBs own guidelines- which - I must say- have been agressively countered to anyone hinting on new forums.

I hope Im proven wrong@:-)

nsx Oct 6, 2011 10:15 am

Originally Posted by travelkid (Post 17229939)
Im just afraid that based on TBs conservative past, this wont pass without an answer to TBs own guidelines- which - I must say- have been agressively countered to anyone hinting on new forums.

Although I prefer members to compile answers to the forum creation criteria before presenting a request to TB, we can also look at the criteria ourselves. For an obvious need, this evaluation will be simple and fast. Since I seconded this proposal, you know where I stand on it.

travelkid Oct 6, 2011 10:28 am

^

I guess its a deal done- probably discussed on TB internal forum.

In that case, roll on@:-)

BobH Oct 6, 2011 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by travelkid (Post 17230128)
^

I guess its a deal done- probably discussed on TB internal forum.

In that case, roll on@:-)

I've never heard of or even seen this company -- why bother.

BobbySteel Oct 6, 2011 3:11 pm

+1 for this forum

ceieoc Oct 6, 2011 3:19 pm

Yes. Please do it.

rubbernyc Oct 6, 2011 4:58 pm

Yes..

thomas199023 Oct 6, 2011 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by BobH (Post 17230817)
I've never heard of or even seen this company -- why bother.

Sixt is one of Europe's largest car rental companies. They have more than 3500 service stations in over 80 countries. From Wikipedia

As I said earlier I think this is a great idea. Although a lot of people on FT who travel mainly in the US might not know it, as it is only marginally active in the US. It is though truly is a global company and a lot of FTers use it as well when going abroad, especially in Europe. Also take in mind that a large portion of FTers is from Europe and for them this could be a very interesting forum to use.

In my opinion this could also aid to get more new people from outside the US interested in the Flyertalk fora.

demue Oct 6, 2011 9:36 pm

Definitely. Sixt is a preferred option for many in Europe and beyond where they operate. A dedicated forum would help.