Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Suggesting change of OMNI/CC entry requirments!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2011, 4:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more

I suggest giving TB members excemption of named entry requirements, and ask TB to change guidelines@:-)

Better safe than sorry
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
What do you want the entry requirements changed to and why?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tom911
What do you want the entry requirements changed to and why?
Current requirements are 180/180 (days/posts). If you get voted in on TB with less, you wont have access to OMNI/CC, and its a bit harder to do ones job I suppose. Minor technical change in case TB is open for newbies.

Last edited by travelkid; Aug 4, 2011 at 7:30 am
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by travelkid
Current requirements are 180/180 (days/posts). If you get voted in on TB with less, you wont have access to OMNI/CC, and its a bit harder to do ones job I suppose. Minor technical change in case TB is open for newbies.
I'd think that's something to be dealt with if the situation actually happens.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
is there a thread where i can find all the abbreivations for ?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
And i think there should be a fee for people to access all this information not a 180/180 thing and have limited access.

i would prefer to pay.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
All the settings (access requirements) can be overridden by the admins of the site in the event this situation occurs.

But I can't even imagine someone with so few posts and time on FT would be elected to the TB.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:41 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Heck,

If they actually post in the campaign election threads and post in a few public TB debate threads, they would have the 180 posts in no time!

I am curious how having access to those two forums would help them do their job?

Originally Posted by Mary2e
But I can't even imagine someone with so few posts and time on FT would be elected to the TB.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kipper
I'd think that's something to be dealt with if the situation actually happens.
There was recently much fuss what to do when TB president left. Things easily avoided with clear t&c, contracts, guidelines etc.

Originally Posted by wharvey
If they actually post in the campaign election threads and post in a few public TB debate threads, they would have the 180 posts in no time!
With the ehm minimalistic presence of some TB members, as discussed on another thread I dont agree.

Originally Posted by wharvey
I am curious how having access to those two forums would help them do their job?
With TB voting on CC TOS, entry requirements etc I more than just guess they should have a clue what they are voting on (although that doesnt seem to be a requirement, based on my reading on several votes).
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: HH Silver
With the ehm minimalistic presence of some TB members, as discussed on another thread I dont agree.
Quite right and one TBers underwhelming public participation level proved that.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Frankly, I think there should probably a minimum time and posting requirement for TB membership. I can't see someone who has only been around a couple of months with minimal participation being qualified to make decisions as to how FT should be run.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
And i think there should be a fee for people to access all this information not a 180/180 thing and have limited access.

i would prefer to pay.
Once you have 180/180, you don't have limited access. The limited access is there so that people don't join simply to have access to CC to trade items, or to OMNI to troll. Paying a fee, especially if it was a small amount, would mean that people wouldn't contribute to the community of FT, but rather, would simply pay a small fee to trade certificates or miles or points, or to troll. Not a good idea IMO.
Originally Posted by PTravel
Frankly, I think there should probably a minimum time and posting requirement for TB membership. I can't see someone who has only been around a couple of months with minimal participation being qualified to make decisions as to how FT should be run.
I think this is probably more important than whether or not they have access to CC and OMNI in regards to serving on TB. I don't know that someone who hasn't been a member for more than a month or two would know enough about FT to make decisions about how it should be run.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PTravel
I think this is probably more important than whether or not they have access to CC and OMNI in regards to serving on TB. I don't know that someone who hasn't been a member for more than a month or two would know enough about FT to make decisions about how it should be run.
Certainly a valid point, but a totally different discussion. We should maybe leave that to the majority/voters?
My point as of now, is that if we vote someone on to TB, we shouldnt limit their access in any way.

I see that my suggestion can be done by admin, but do we need this discussion if the situation arise?

I can certainly see some year long posters with only 150 posts being able to contribute, or even an evangelist with only 4 months registration being able to contribute to TB. Maybe someone with the initiative to do more research on new forum proposals etc. But thats OT at the moment.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:03 am

Certainly a valid point, but a totally different discussion. We should maybe leave that to the majority/voters?
My point as of now, is that if we vote someone on to TB, we shouldnt limit their access in any way.

I see that my suggestion can be done by admin, but do we need this discussion if the situation arise?

I can certainly see some year long posters with only 150 posts being able to contribute, or even an evangelist with only 4 months registration being able to contribute to TB. Maybe someone with the initiative to do more research on new forum proposals etc. But thats OT at the moment.
What about something like, "If someone who does not meet the OMNI/CC requirements is elected to TB, they will be given access to OMNI/CC during their TB term?" Limited scope, limited term, etc.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

What about something like, "If someone who does not meet the OMNI/CC requirements is elected to TB, they will be given access to OMNI/CC during their TB term?" Limited scope, limited term, etc.
+1

Thanks for clarifying my thought^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.