Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eco light, classic, flex

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Well, that will limit my options:
I have a weekend planned in east France, GVA seemed the most logical option, but I'd rather drive to Lyon and fly back to LHR, the ticket only costs €5 more for an eco ticket with checked in bag and full oneworld benefits!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:21 am

First reports are showing up that apparently LX is "brutally" enforcing it's policy at the gate, and forcing Gate-Check (Check-in or don't fly) of legal-sized (according to the people reporting it) carry-on against immediate payment of 55 CHF, then later (when they contacted customer service) claiming it was too heavy instead of too big.. (as you can prove that it wasn't too big, but you can't prove so easily it wasn't too heavy..)

Seems besides a ruler, it will also be mandatory to bring a portable scale with you when flying LX..
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I have a LH branded weighing scale with me when I travel to India to clarify weight(s) with LH baggage police. Turns out to be a wise investment
Old Jul 16, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Very interesting and informative thread. I just checked for flights to GVA but I think I'm now not really keen anymore on trying Swiss. It sounds to me more like Wizz Air.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
What about buying Swiss flight thru agents? Is there a way to know if luggage is included or not?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
Yes, SWISS has published 3 fares for every booking code.
For exampl:
KLGTxxx, KCLSxxx, KFLXxxx

If your agent books you in LGT you have no baggage included.

In my experience LGT fares are not combinable with any other carrier's fares.

So a KLGT/KLGT itinerary gets bupmed up to KCLS/K.... if you try to use a different carrier on the return.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Didn't understand anything, frankly... :-)
Booking thru agents (i use ebookers.de mostly) doesn't allow you to see any codes or whatever.
Expedia does show the booking class, but as you say, K or L doesn't mean anything...
I mean, if there is no way to know it, for me that would mean "goodbye swiss".
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: FTL, A3*G
Is that really possible, that having P-light ticket (which is a business upgade) and being *Gold and FTL there is no checked luggage and only 1 hand luggage??? If so I would be very disappointed
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by iudex
Is that really possible, that having P-light ticket (which is a business upgade) and being *Gold and FTL there is no checked luggage and only 1 hand luggage??? If so I would be very disappointed
Absolutely possible, in fact as the "comfort" package is available as an upsell even from full fare Y "Light" you could end up with an extremely expensive ticket in J without luggage allowance
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: UA 1k & MillM
From: http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/
As a Gold Status holder you can choose not to travel light. We allow an additional 20 kg (44 pounds) where the weight concept applies, or one additional piece of luggage where the piece concept applies.
I do not think Swiss is in compliance with the *G policies. "one additional" means "one additional", regardless of the standard allowance being zero, one, or two.

So I would disagree with

Originally Posted by behuman
[...], but am afraid they are in compliance with *alliance rules
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by iudex
All business tickets booked on swiss.com (including P booking class) include 2 pieces of checked luggage. But yes, it does state that if you book an economy seat and then take the comfort upgrade that the original baggage allowance is still valid.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 10:58 am

Well, they are more like guidelines.. you can stamp with your feet as long as you like, it wont change the outcome..

What CAN change the outcome is to avoid flying LX (or better said, LH group) and to choose carriers that don't play this kind of games whenever possible (not always possible when living in DACH) - if enough people chose to avoid flying them (and also important, suggest to friends&family not to chose them) they might eventually rethink their "great" McKinsey plan before they push them into another grounding
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: QR Platinum; A3 Gold
I have an upcoming flight in Y with LX which was booked in beginning of year, ie, before the change took place.

Just to be safe, I checked with LX what benefits I get as *G. Accoding to the agent, I will NOT have additional baggage allowance and seat selection, but I should still get alounge access and priority boarding.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: LX SEN
If you booked the flight at the beginning of the year, the terms and conditions of that time should apply. I had a similar ticket and was allowed 2 pieces of checked bags on Swiss with no questions asked.

If you need to check bags, I suggest calling LX and telling them that you booked the flight ~6 months ago. Ask them to confirm that your flight corresponds to the classic fare an thus should get you free bags. They could even add it as a comment to your ticket to avoid discussions at the check in counter.

Free seat reservations in Y, however, are unfortunately not a benifit of *G, but only of SEN and HON. But even if paid for, they very often do not honor the seat reservations.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Is there any groupings of booking class into light/classic/flexible categories?
Not even on lh.com I could see the booking class...

ANd the fees on intraeuropean segments are mostly 15/20 EUR right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.