Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyer Talk Administrators

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Flyer Talk Administrators

I have been receiving unsolicited messages and emails from Flyer Talk members offering business consultation, investment advice and products, offers of time shares, etc.

Why the sudden volume of this unwanted spam suddenly from members ?

Has something changed that I need to be aware of in regards to the use of the forums ?

Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:58 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by dewhit6959
I have been receiving unsolicited messages and emails from Flyer Talk members offering business consultation, investment advice and products, offers of time shares, etc.

Why the sudden volume of this unwanted spam suddenly from members ?

Has something changed that I need to be aware of in regards to the use of the forums ?

Thanks.
Please use the PM system and forward those to the senior mods (oliver2002, cblaisd, l'etoile, and jdiver) or me. The PM system should not be used for solicitation. Either a regularly participating member needs reminded of our rules, or someone has signed up specifically to spam members. In the latter case, we'll suspend their accounts.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Thank You San Diego.

Message forwarded to you.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:31 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

The solicitations happened to me too... I just joined FT a few days ago. Within literally minutes of joining, somebody asked me (not once but twice) to use their referral link for a new credit card. It was not exactly a warm fuzzy welcome for a newcomer.
I did forward my email to Mia and see that she posted a notice about it. BRAVO!

Hello fellow San Diego person! I just heard on the radio that the airport remodel has opened up one of the new parking lots and double decker roadways are in the works.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I did forward my email to Mia and see that she posted a notice about it. BRAVO!
So much gender confusion caused by the lack of caps lock MIA as in Miami International Airport, so it was actually he that posted a notice.

Welcome to FT, and sorry that someone tried to do an end run! (And, no, I don't want you to use a referral link!)
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Mile-a-holic
So much gender confusion caused by the lack of caps lock MIA as in Miami International Airport, so it was actually he that posted a notice.

Welcome to FT, and sorry that someone tried to do an end run! (And, no, I don't want you to use a referral link!)

I always thought he was missing in action.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Mile-a-holic

Oh, a HE! Funny! Thanks for straightening me out. I guess when I've been around a while longer I'll have more of these things figured out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.