Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Database of Credit Pulls

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Database of Credit Pulls

I'm not sure if there is a thread like this (I'm guessing there is since it's talked about a lot) but it'd be great to have a running list of which companies/cards pull from which credit agency depending on location... So Chase/NYC pulls from XXXX, AMEX/CA pulls from XXX. Anything like that out there?

Last edited by FunkyMonkey; Aug 29, 2012 at 10:23 am
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere

This is a travel board, not a credit card board. Have you looked into fatwallet, or similar credit/banking sites?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:32 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by FunkyMonkey
I'm not sure if there is a thread like this (I'm guessing there is since it's talked about a lot) but it'd be great to have a running list of which companies/cards pull from which credit agency depending on location... So Chase/NYC pulls from XXXX, AMEX/CA pulls from XXX. Anything like that out there?
Here you go:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-database.html
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:39 pm

Wow... in million years, I never thought we had one. Maybe it should be a sticky.

Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e
This is a travel board, not a credit card board. Have you looked into fatwallet, or similar credit/banking sites?
I probably shouldn't have to explain this to you since you have 28,532 posts but a lot of the ways people on this "travel board" get to travel as much as they do (and in the class of hotel/airline they do) is through miles and other perks "earned" by credit cards "churning". Part of the problem which limits said churning and thus the amount of traveling they can do is their credit score being lowered by churning. Hence something like what I asked for is very relevant to the "travel board".

And probably why you have one:

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by FunkyMonkey
I probably shouldn't have to explain this to you since you have 28,532 posts but a lot of the ways people on this "travel board" get to travel as much as they do (and in the class of hotel/airline they do) is through miles and other perks "earned" by credit cards "churning".
Mary was attempting to be helpful. She's a great lady and was not trying to be dismissive of your question. She spoke up in an attempt to help since no one had yet responded. We welcome newcomers, and some of the long timers like Mary try hard to make sure that queries don't go unanswered. The great thing about a thread is that if one person doesn't answer completely, the next person can come along and add more value. I appreciate her trying to direct you to where there are encyclopedic credit pull databases. We do have a small thread, but it hasn't taken off as the originator hoped. I hope that you will contribute to it and will make it a much richer resource than it is today.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Mary was attempting to be helpful. She's a great lady and was not trying to be dismissive of your question. She spoke up in an attempt to help since no one had yet responded. We welcome newcomers, and some of the long timers like Mary try hard to make sure that queries don't go unanswered. The great thing about a thread is that if one person doesn't answer completely, the next person can come along and add more value. I appreciate her trying to direct you to where there are encyclopedic credit pull databases. We do have a small thread, but it hasn't taken off as the originator hoped. I hope that you will contribute to it and will make it a much richer resource than it is today.
Yeah, I get your point but it gets back to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ies-blogs.html

If she would have said this...

"Have you looked into fatwallet, or similar credit/banking sites?"

...I would agree with you about trying to be helpful but I would have rather her said nothing instead of being condescending with "confused" faces and explaining that this was a travel board. Did she really think i didn't understand that flyertalk is about travel?
Old Aug 29, 2012, 1:56 pm

Sigh. Please accept my apologies. No offense was intended.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Sigh. Please accept my apologies. No offense was intended.
Apology accepted, sorry if I was overly sensitive.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 6:52 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
I'm going to close this thread since SanDiego1K has kindly provided the link to the relevant thread in our credit card forums.

l'etoile
sr. moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.