Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Anaheim vs Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Anaheim vs Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by badpelican
Must be nice. Being just a gold, we have to bring our own linens.
lmao
Old Jun 24, 2010, 5:53 pm

review

Just got back from our stay at Sheraton Park. Walk was about 10 minutes to disney- not a problem for the older child and the youngest was in a stroller. The front desk suggested walking there and cabbing back ($5), but we never needed to, and never saw where the cabs were from disney. If we had stayed late, we probably would have cabbed, but we never did.

Have stayed at both Sheratons, and to be honest, found the rooms to be comparable. I wouldn't say that Sheraton Park is tons better room wise. What tipped it over is the lounge at Sheraton Park- had a pretty decent breakfast for us every day (hard boiled eggs, yogurt, milk, juices, fruits, pastries, cereal, etc etc), and they upgraded us to club privileges b/c of platinum status. If no lounge, I would probably stay at the Sheraton b/c of it's shuttle.

However, Sheraton Park did have a fantastic view of the fireworks every night from our park facing room.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:29 am

The taxi queue is in the "east shuttle area", which is parallel to Harbor Blvd, but a little bit beyond where you entered and exited by walking. If the shuttle entrance/exit roads and hedges weren't there, you might have seen the east shuttle area. This is the same area where the Sheraton Anaheim's big dedicated bus arrives/leaves.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.810...,0.004281&z=18

-David
Old Jun 28, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by badpelican
Must be nice. Being just a gold, we have to bring our own linens.
Classic . This is the best post of the thread.

I will happily help campaign for Golds to get Free ISP too. You dont get the suites (well hardly ever, IME) so why cant they give you a small perk, like Free ISP? .

But never fear, there was a solution for FREE, especially if you are on the Disney side of the hotel . They also have the Link downstairs which can be helpful in a bind.

A warning on the taxis at that rank. We got our Sheraton Anaheim Shuttle to drop us off near the taxi rank. We walked over to the taxi rank with our luggage and got heckled, ie: "lady come to me, come here we take you, etc". They were literally fighting over who was going to take us. They thought we were going to the airport, before I got in the taxi, I said we are just going up the road to the Sheraton Park hotel. The driver was pissed and starting driving like a lunatic, and swearing under his breath. He nearly ran over the valet booth in the front of the hotel when he pulled in. I had said before we got in where we were going and told him I would tip, so it wasnt a tiny fare, but NO it wasnt to the airport. The porter at the hotel noticed the driver's behaviour and asked us if we were ok. He then reported the driver to the taxi company.

This is what we get for chasing status . We were changing hotels to get the stay credits. Just as well I didnt do the newest Sheraton, further up the road as well .

Last edited by Downunder girl; Jun 28, 2010 at 8:02 am
Old Jul 2, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Could not find an official thread for the Sheraton Garden Grove Anaheim South, so figured I would share my recent experience here. Surprised this franchise property would qualify as a Sheraton property. They lack dedicated security staff on premises. Very concerning when you consider should any major issues arise, there is no one onsite to address the matter.

Overall, the property looks like it was recently converted from an existing hotel to a Sheraton. Not ideal in terms of walking distance to Disneyland. Still cannot figure out why they charge a parking fee when the lot is completely open to traffic with no security (no cameras in the lot). Would recommend staying at the other two Sheraton properties in Anaheim and reserve the Sheraton Garden Grove as your last choice.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 9:16 pm

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Thanks Peeps. Stay was most satisfactory. Breakfast not wonderful but location was good and staff friendly. Your help in formulating a decision was most appreciated.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:41 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I will have to go to a TradeShow (Interbike) at the Anaheim Convention center in August 2011. I realize this is far out but the hotels normally sell out fairly quick and its in the tourist season. So I thought I'd just book a refundable stay if prices go down I can always rebook it.

Now my question is which hotel is the closest to the convention center. The description on the Park website says it's within walking distance of the convention center. Is this true? How long would the walk be?

Last edited by thomas199023; Sep 14, 2010 at 7:07 am
Old Sep 14, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Now my question is which hotel is the closest to the convention center. The description on the Park website says it's within walking distance. Is this true? How long would the walk be?
Sheraton Park Anaheim is a reasonably quick, 10 minute walk to the main gate at Disneyland if you're in reasonably good shape.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 7:06 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
Sheraton Park Anaheim is a reasonably quick, 10 minute walk to the main gate at Disneyland if you're in reasonably good shape.
Is the Convention center at the main gate of Disneyland?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:53 am

Is the Convention center at the main gate of Disneyland?
No. I really should have coffee before I answer these questions.

But the Sheraton Park Anaheim is probably five minutes from the convention center on foot. At most.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
No. I really should have coffee before I answer these questions.

But the Sheraton Park Anaheim is probably five minutes from the convention center on foot. At most.
Yeah, it's definitely walkable. Google maps should help.

But my recollection is that the Hilton is even closer -- and nicer!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:41 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
But my recollection is that the Hilton is even closer -- and nicer!
But will they give you SPG night/stay/points credit and SPG Plat recognition?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hhoope01
But will they give you SPG night/stay/points credit and SPG Plat recognition?
Sounds like you're "locked in." Too bad, because otherwise, I would strongly recommend the Hilton (if price was no consideration).
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
Sounds like you're "locked in." Too bad, because otherwise, I would strongly recommend the Hilton (if price was no consideration).
I've stayed at both the Hilton and the Sheraton Park (as well as the Marriott across from the Hilton). In order, I prefer the Sheraton Park, Marriott and Hilton. All three are nice. But the Club Lounge at the Sheraton Park can't be beat. Marriott is a bit nicer and more intimate (it's a relative thing) than the large, open Hilton.

But YMMV.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 1:28 am

I
Now my question is which hotel is the closest to the convention center. The description on the Park website says it's within walking distance of the convention center. Is this true? How long would the walk be?
Yes, it's very close, easily walkable to the convention center.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.