Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Anaheim vs Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Anaheim vs Sheraton Park Anaheim Resort [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
Quite a few of the hotels in Anaheim have rental desks in the hotel, so you might want to check your options there, depending on how many days you want a car.
Yeah, I thought about that, but if it's going to cost me $40 each way to cab to the hotel, it seems hardly worth the trouble. The best solution would seem to be to find cheaper parking, but that doesn't seem possible.

Oh well. Worse comes to worse, I'll pay $75 for parking. I won't like it, but what can you do?
Old May 26, 2010, 11:28 pm

Lion King Tram Station Across the Street?

We are planning a trip to Disneyland next month and based on the postings (and points), are planning on staying at the Sheraton Park Anaheim. We do have young kids, so I am most concerned about the walk, especially after a long day at Disney. On the official Disney site, there is a transportation map with the Lion King Tram Station across the street. Is this open in 2010, or is this the Timon parking lot that is now closed. If this is the closed lot, is there another shuttle we can hop on to get us to the entrance?

Thanks!
Old May 27, 2010, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfgirl3
We are planning a trip to Disneyland next month and based on the postings (and points), are planning on staying at the Sheraton Park Anaheim. We do have young kids, so I am most concerned about the walk, especially after a long day at Disney. On the official Disney site, there is a transportation map with the Lion King Tram Station across the street. Is this open in 2010, or is this the Timon parking lot that is now closed. If this is the closed lot, is there another shuttle we can hop on to get us to the entrance?

Thanks!
I assume the free Disney transportation is to their parking lots? I did see a Disney parking lot across the street and about 100 yards (south) from the hotel. But unless you could somehow get them to stop on Harbor Blvd, it wouldn't seeem like a good deal because you'd likely have to walk pretty far into the lot (it's large) to get picked up.

The walk to the park entrance is really quite short. Ten to 12 minutes maybe. For able-bodied adults, it's the obvious solution. For small children, perhaps not. That said, if they can't walk the 10 to 12 minutes, perhaps they need a stroller for the park anyway.

BTW, in follow up to my earlier questions, there didn't really seem to be much alternative to paying the hotel $14 to park. At the last minute, I wound up getting a car from Enterprise for $15/day on hotwire at SNA, so I just lumped the expensive hotel parking. If you're heading to Anaheim, SNA is a very relaxed alternative to flying into LAX. Car rental, including Enterprise, was a short walk from the terminal. Fifteen minutes or so to the hotel, unless you hit the infamous rush hour traffic.
Old May 29, 2010, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by sfgirl3
We are planning a trip to Disneyland next month and based on the postings (and points), are planning on staying at the Sheraton Park Anaheim. We do have young kids, so I am most concerned about the walk, especially after a long day at Disney.
Thanks!
The ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) Shuttle Route 6 serves the Sheraton Park Anaheim. The city shuttles are very easy to use, you will buy one day or multi-day ART tickets at the kiosk/ticket machine at the shuttle stop which is on the hotel property. Also, the city shuttles have a good location at Disney, which is a plus.

http://www.rideart.org/index.php?loc=1

You can't really use the parking lot tram for the hotel. And I've never seen an entrance to the parking lot anywhere near the hotel.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; May 29, 2010 at 10:33 pm
Old Jun 7, 2010, 7:33 pm

I stayed at the Sheraton Park Memorial Day weekend, after staying there last August with no issues. This time, I noticed a strong patchouli-esque smell in the club floor hall. The next morning, I still smelled it, even though my head was now congested. I called down and was told they had no idea what I was talking about, but that maybe another guest was burning oil, and they'd check on it. I never heard back. Fortunately, we were only there a couple of nights.

We kept the slider open during the day to air out the room, but the traffic noise was too loud to do so at night. The first floor near the rooms smelled the same (didn't notice it at all in the lobby), so I don't think it was another guest.

I mention it because I know others are also allergy prone. I've never had this problem in a hotel before.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:52 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Indecisive

I've read through this thread and am now in a quandry.

I have booked 2 nights in 2 rooms at the Sheraton Anaheim for myself my GF and her M17 and F13 children. I'm SPG Plat. The booking is on points. There is reward availability in both locations. I have a rental car.

The Sheraton Park has availability for the same number of points. There seems to be a preference here for the Park over the Castley one. Does this preference remain?

TIA
Old Jun 12, 2010, 6:48 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Deckard
I've read through this thread and am now in a quandry.

I have booked 2 nights in 2 rooms at the Sheraton Anaheim for myself my GF and her M17 and F13 children. I'm SPG Plat. The booking is on points. There is reward availability in both locations. I have a rental car.

The Sheraton Park has availability for the same number of points. There seems to be a preference here for the Park over the Castley one. Does this preference remain?

TIA
It does for me. But I don't travel with children, just spouse.

Still, you'll see quite a few families there: the Park lounge is great and the location walkable to Disneyland.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:09 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
It does for me too and I travel with teen female .

Sheraton Park Hotel is just a nicer property and you will get access to the Exec lounge there as a PLAT.

The only good thing I can think of for Sheraton Anaheim (Castle) is that if its available and they actually take notice of your status, you MIGHT get a suite upgrade. There is much less chance of that happening at Sheraton Park as apparently they have very few suites.

I have stayed at both properties multiple times as a GOLD and IMHO Sheraton Anaheim do not care if you have elite status . I found Sheraton Park much more accommodating of room requests and ensuring that we were on the SPG floor ^.

But as always, YMMV .
Old Jun 13, 2010, 3:09 am

Does this preference remain?
Yeah, switch to the Park, you won't regret it. I really dislike the other one.

-David
Old Jun 13, 2010, 6:45 am

Thanks peeps.... reservation changed. Love the fact that the $ rate at the Park is > 2X the Anaheim but the points are the same . Shame the Universal gets such bad reviews as we're off they're after a couple of nights at the Park.

You help is much appreciated. ^
Old Jun 19, 2010, 10:46 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Nice stay for lowly gold

Just stayed 6 nights at the Sheraton Park Anaheim for a convention. Had a really nice stay.

The day I was leaving to drive down to Anaheim, I realized I had booked my stay for the wrong days. The hotel expected me on Sunday, but I was planning on arriving on Sat. Called hotel- no problem, switched reservation dates for me. They weren't sure they'd be able to honor my king request (they didn't), but I told them this was not really important.

Check-in was efficient and my room key was handed to me in a little gold envelope with the comment that they'd booked me into a room with a view of the Disneyland fireworks.

Room was on the 10th floor, a sign in the hallway called it an "SPG Floor." Room was nicely decorated with a mini-fridge and coffee maker. Nothing super swank, but perfectly nice. There was also a small balcony (not all rooms have this) with a table and chairs.

Did not visit the pool or hottub, but they looked nice and the grounds were nicely landscaped. It was an easy walk to the Anaheim convention center (5 minutes or less) and a bit longer to the Disneyland main gate (maybe 15-20 min).

Paid $14/nite for parking and $10 (I think) per 24 hours for wifi. Did not visit any of the restaurants or use room service.

Had to leave a day earlier than my reservation and this was also no problem.

Points posted within 48 hours of my stay.

We own a Disney timeshare and typically would not consider staying anywhere other than Disney's Grand Californian. However, I found the Sheraton Park Anaheim a very pleasant place and I would definately consider staying here again for a Disneyland trip.

H
Old Jun 22, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: spg/gold, Hawaiianmiles
WIFI @ Sheraton Park

When we stayed here in April we didn't pay for wifi. We got an acceptable link to free wifi from another nearby hotel. Not a secure connection obviously so take that into consideration, but it is available.

We were high up on the hotel facing Disneyland.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by badpelican
When we stayed here in April we didn't pay for wifi. We got an acceptable link to free wifi from another nearby hotel. Not a secure connection obviously so take that into consideration, but it is available.

We were high up on the hotel facing Disneyland.
Free WiFi is now a Platinum benefit so should be ok...
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: spg/gold, Hawaiianmiles
Free WiFi is now a Platinum benefit so should be ok...
Must be nice. Being just a gold, we have to bring our own linens.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by badpelican
Must be nice. Being just a gold, we have to bring our own linens.
^ - love it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.