Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis Punta Mita Resort, Mexico [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisdeaner
Expert Review (posted in Luxury Forum) from Jan 2018 from Villa stay:

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...encounter-2352

Restrictions on the Acceptance of US Currency

Due to recent local regulations, the acceptance of US Dollars in cash is now restricted across Mexico. Payments with credit/debit cards remain unaffected. Please provide arrangements to settle your accounts and other expenses with a credit card or in Mexican Pesos. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause our guests.
FYI - the hotel also can't exchange USD<>MXN but they do have an ATM near the lobby (downstairs by the meeting rooms) that dispenses Pesos.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:10 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I haven't been able to find any recent list of recommended restaurants in that 10 minute drive span. Can you or anyone else share some recommendations? We will be there over Thanksgiving
Well done on getting an award over Thanksgiving.

Read from this post down for 8 to 10 posts (posts 181 onward) to read restaurant recommendations people gave me.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l#post22155092
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:24 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Well done on getting an award over Thanksgiving.

Read from this post down for 8 to 10 posts (posts 181 onward) to read restaurant recommendations people gave me.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...l#post22155092
Thanks! I did note those restaurant recommendations…but being as they were given a bit over a year ago, I was also hoping for more recent recommendations or more recent comments indicating those places were still worth visiting. (I've found too often that restaurant quality can diminish over a period of time, as places rest on their laurels, and therefore I prefer the most recent recommendations whenever possible!)
Old Feb 24, 2015, 1:09 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

WOOT-was able to book a 5 night award for next January - happy to get a chance to check out this hotel before the redemption change

I need to read back through this thread & see how likely Plat upgrades are. Also looking forward to reading tips
Old Feb 26, 2015, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Thanks! I did note those restaurant recommendations…but being as they were given a bit over a year ago, I was also hoping for more recent recommendations or more recent comments indicating those places were still worth visiting. (I've found too often that restaurant quality can diminish over a period of time, as places rest on their laurels, and therefore I prefer the most recent recommendations whenever possible!)
Si Senor is the most reliable off-site restaurant. They have just opened a sushi annex, although I haven't tried it. Many of the other nearby restaurants are hit-and-miss. The restaurants at the Four Seasons have also declined in terms of service and quality.

The St. Regis has put a lot of effort into upgrading casual F&B at the beach club. The Mita Mary is wonderful and the newly developed burger menu is worth a daily visit!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Category change is done and the property is still playing games with award availability.

As a US-based member, this is probably the most aspirational SPG property for me in this hemisphere To have them not only do this but continue to get away with it despite being brought to the lurkers attention on this forum and many calls with people trying to book this (as reported in this thread) really is a stain on the program.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:16 am

Which room type to choose?

Hi,

Thinking about booking a few nights here during the summer. I see deluxe garden view available and jr suite for about $50 extra per night.

Hoping to get some insight from people with experience of multiple different rooms at the property.

My first question - is the jr suite significantly better than deluxe room and worth the extra cost?

Also - how are SPG PLAT upgrades generally handled here? Do most people have a good experience?

It will be a trip for my girlfriend and we will check in the day before birthday. Any idea if they are proactive with birthday amenities/upgrades? (The SPG PLAT account is under her name)

Thanks in advance for the advice!

UK212
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by uktraveller212
Hi,

Thinking about booking a few nights here during the summer. I see deluxe garden view available and jr suite for about $50 extra per night.

Hoping to get some insight from people with experience of multiple different rooms at the property.

My first question - is the jr suite significantly better than deluxe room and worth the extra cost?

Also - how are SPG PLAT upgrades generally handled here? Do most people have a good experience?

It will be a trip for my girlfriend and we will check in the day before birthday. Any idea if they are proactive with birthday amenities/upgrades? (The SPG PLAT account is under her name)

Thanks in advance for the advice!

UK212
Highest possible upgrade for a plat can be the Deluxe Suite Ocean View. The junior suite is a bit bigger than the garden view room. Have a look at pictures here http://www.oyster.com/riviera-nayari...resort/photos/

For $50 extra, I would pay that amount.

In regards to plat benefits, you will get the full buffet breakfast in lieu of 500 points. Other than that, you will get every published benefit on the SPG site.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:38 am
Suspended

I'd spring for Jr. Suite.

That, or book a Luxury Privileges rate and hope for the upgrade...

Although $50 seems VERY reasonable for that bump.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I asked my Ambassador to set up a birthday celebration there for my then girlfriend a couple of years ago. They did a spectacular job setting up the room before we arrived. Balloons everywhere, cake, flowers, -- it was incredible!!
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:29 am

Thanks to all for the responses.

Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Highest possible upgrade for a plat can be the Deluxe Suite Ocean View. The junior suite is a bit bigger than the garden view room. Have a look at pictures here http://www.oyster.com/riviera-nayari...resort/photos/

For $50 extra, I would pay that amount.

In regards to plat benefits, you will get the full buffet breakfast in lieu of 500 points. Other than that, you will get every published benefit on the SPG site.
LovetoTravel, with regards upgrades - is the highest possible upgrade the deluxe suite ocean view if I had originally booked a regular deluxe suite? Or if I book a Jr. suite is there potential for an upgrade from that?

Thanks

UK212
Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:55 am

Think that I confused deluxe room with deluxe suite in my response above...
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by uktraveller212
Think that I confused deluxe room with deluxe suite in my response above...
Yes, they tend to not upgrade anyone to the beachfront rooms or suites. Even though the beachfront rooms are a lower category than the ocean view deluxe suite. It might happen, but on my travels over there, it never did.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Question Any chance of overbooking...?

I recently scored a 10-night booking for the St Regis Punta Mita over New Years 2015. 175k StarPoints for 10 nights (prior to the Category change). The least expensive room over this timeframe is going for $4128 per night... so 23.6 cents per StarPoint for this redemption. :-)

My question is - the property appears to be fully booked over this timeframe, and I'm wondering if they would ever overbook. And if they did, would my points reservation be the first to be bumped, and see me driven to the Westin...?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by smokie
... would my points reservation be the first to be bumped, and see me driven to the Westin...?
Insist on FS!!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by smokie
My question is - the property appears to be fully booked over this timeframe, and I'm wondering if they would ever overbook. And if they did, would my points reservation be the first to be bumped, and see me driven to the Westin...?
If they walk you, the only alternative I see is the Four Seasons next door. They should not walk you the Westin because it is a different category than the St. Regis and the FS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.