Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 8:46 pm

Programs: 1K, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Priority Club Gold
I'm staying there this week. Anyone know the current status of the pool and whirlpool renovation?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 4:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by JonW_UK
Le Meridien's a really, really lovely new hotel. As an SPG Platinum, I was upgraded to a very comfortable suite last year. The bar is a cool place to hand out, too, and the location is excellent for the city centre (by far the best of the *wood properties).
Are you sure it's new ? It seems to me that the rooms are at least 5 years old since last refurb.

I previously stayed at the 4 Points Munich Central which was a disaster and ran away to LM Munich sometime in 2008. Since then I stayed here 4 times, now I am on my 5th stay @ LM Munich.

Plat upgrade without asking : 1 out of 4 stays.

This stay I checked in late, about 9pm and was given a tiny room with malfunctioning TV, a soiled TV remote (yuck) and a used baby dummy on the floor under a dresser.

I complained about the TV and asked about Plat upg.

She said "we're pretty full" which I believe btw. because when I went to SPG.com to see "what rooms are available right now" it showed no availability at all for a cash stay!

Anyway, In the end she did find a suite. While the porter was gathering our stuff for a room move we found the used dummy... Housekeeping: Attention to detail, please!

The guy was shocked LOL. He called the front desk himself to report the find.

Anyway we ended up in a strangely long and narrow shaped suite in a corner far from the lift (a room number x45).

The bed wasn't a king, but it was like 2 singles pushed together.

MS. FP999 ended up sleeping in the ditch between the two mattresses. My view ? Well I have a view of the garbage disposal and the loading dock (i am not joking). Plat amenity wasn't offered. When I asked about it, i.e. tried to choose the 500 Points option I was told that no such thing exists.

In the bathroom, the controls for hot and cold water are reversed and housekeeping put shower gel, body lotion and 2 x shampoo instead of shampoo and conditioner. Once again an attention to detail issue.

At 4 Points Munich Central housekeeping is some kind of third party contract firm. I am wondering if it's the same here and if the lack of care and ownership can be attributed to this.

This stay I have a car so I am not bound to this location. I am gonna check out right now and try both the Sheraton and Westin Grande Arabella Park for comparison.

Last edited by forumpersona999; Jun 1, 2010 at 4:28 am Reason: Fixed a confusing typo. I kant speel englitch :P
Old Jun 4, 2010, 5:25 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
This stay I have a car so I am not bound to this location. I am gonna check out right now and try both the Sheraton and Westin Grande Arabella Park for comparison.
There are TWO Sheratons and ONE Westin in Munich!!! Try all three and the weekend is over!
Old Jun 5, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
There are TWO Sheratons and ONE Westin in Munich!!! Try all three and the weekend is over!
I'll be in Munich weekend of Jun 18. Indeed I am going to try all three hotels, and earn one free weekend night. It'll be interesting to see how the Westin Grand is different from when it was the Sheraton Grand.

Does anyone know if there is an Europcar Rental location at the Hauptbahnhof train station? I need to pick up a Europcar rental car Sunday afternoon Jun 20.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by CIT85
Does anyone know if there is an Europcar Rental location at the Hauptbahnhof train station? I need to pick up a Europcar rental car Sunday afternoon Jun 20.
Yes, there is. When we were there in November, they were doing some work on the station and the rental car offices were in temporary offices, so I can't say exactly where the office I think they are upstairs. The cars are in a parking garage about two blocks away.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 4:20 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by CIT85
I'll be in Munich weekend of Jun 18. Indeed I am going to try all three hotels, and earn one free weekend night. It'll be interesting to see how the Westin Grand is different from when it was the Sheraton Grand.
Renovated Etages, new beds, new gym, new restaurant and a new lounge.

New names ( tower is executive ), new general manager.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Louie_LI
Yes, there is. When we were there in November, they were doing some work on the station and the rental car offices were in temporary offices, so I can't say exactly where the office I think they are upstairs. The cars are in a parking garage about two blocks away.
Thanks, I'll double check at LM on exact Europcar location. I'll pick up the car when I check out at LM and then I'll drop off the car across the street from the Arabella Sheraton a day later. This makes it very convenient.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Left SPG

Can't see the hotel on SPG.com anymore, my reservation for Sep shows up with a "null" message online, and the SPG Plat woman I just called said it left SPG. Wasn't really counting on a great upgrade on my C&P room during Oktoberfest, but it always surprises me how abruptly hotels seem to depart SPG. This is the 3rd reservation I've had this year for a hotel that left SPG. Anyone know who is going to be running it?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
From the Le Méridien website I can see availability for as far out as January. Perhaps a SPG.com glitch?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:01 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by thomas199023
From the Le Méridien website I can see availability for as far out as January. Perhaps a SPG.com glitch?
Maybe, but the Plat desk called the hotel for me to confirm they still had my reservation and told me they were leaving.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium
This morning I added a guest name to my 4 reservations in the latter half of September...no problem.

Just ran a trial booking for 2/11, also no problem.

Maybe Plats are cut off?
Old Jul 23, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LA, WN, SPG Plat, MR Gold
My reservation for September is still good. Weird...
Old Jul 23, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: QF,VS,SQ,SPG,IC
I've just checked a few random dates and the hotel is offering double and triple starpoint promo rates, I looked at August and November. Seems strange to participate in that promo if they are leaving. Nothing on the webpage looks different to me, I hope there has been some sort of confusion between the hotel and agent.

I have a non-refundable booking for August, oh well, cross that bridge when I come to it.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
The waterfall soundtrack in the elevators is very relaxing but I could see it being problematic returning at night during Oktoberfest.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 3:30 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Stayed at this hotel on a Points and Cash award // Air Miles Free Night Certificate (2 nights).

No noticeable upgrade as a Gold (not expected), and no help with our luggage. Standard room overlooking the atrium, with a stale odor of smoke (I had asked for non-smoking). Parents also at the hotel, and their room did not have robes or coffee. Courtyard bar was closed for a Pharma sales meeting both nights.

Of the three Le Meridians we stayed in (Vienna and Budapest), this was the most disappointing. Given it was a railway station hotel, I was not terribly surprised.

Area is boring, but close to interesting places via the U and S Bahn just out the door.

I would look for other options if I was to visit again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.