Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, PDX, OR [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, PDX, OR [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Thanks! It's a toss up between the Sheraton and the aloft. I may stay at the aloft since it is not right next to a runway.
The noise at the Sheraton hasn't bothered me. I do use earplugs though.

As a Plat, I stay at the Sheraton because of the lounge here. It's not great by any means, but I like the ability to have a free beer/glass of wine at night and grab a bagel/yogurt/fruit in the morning. The rooms at the Sheraton can be a bit dated, but are clean and the beds comfy.

Just my two cents...(and I've never stayed at the Aloft, so I can't comment on the quality there)
Old May 14, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by Hartmann
Thanks! It's a toss up between the Sheraton and the aloft. I may stay at the aloft since it is not right next to a runway.
I'd recommend the Sheraton. I've never had a problem with noise there, the lounge is okay (not great) and the facilities are nicer than the Aloft. I've also never been charged for parking even when I've asked to leave my car an extra day or two.
Old May 14, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: Marriott BONVOY PLAT Lifetime PLATINUM, 16 years elite; AA 2MM LTPlat, UA, US, DL
I love the PDX Sheraton.... quiet rooms, plat recognition and the club lounge has excellent snacks and breakfast..... the espresso maker alone adds value. Easy in and out, parking is no problem. Love it.
Old May 15, 2014, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Thanks for the recommendations!

We're making a move to the NW so I need to be in town for a few days to look at properties and these are the most affordable options. Sheraton it is.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, Marriott LT PLT
Originally Posted by ashley1245
I have never paid for parking here. Unless something has changed recently, it's a wide open parking lot with no gates and no security.
Apparently, the hotel started adding a $10/nt parking fee back in April...a tacky fee for an otherwise solid airport property. The front desk removed the charge for me over Labor Day weekend as a one-time courtesy.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:26 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by boxedlunch
Apparently, the hotel started adding a $10/nt parking fee back in April...a tacky fee for an otherwise solid airport property. The front desk removed the charge for me over Labor Day weekend as a one-time courtesy.
There is? Didn't get charged for a stay last month in August. Then again, they didn't ask about having a car either.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: Biggly ones everywhere
FYI Cash + Points

Cash + Points in PDX area is non-existent except this hotel. Coverage of SPG generally is pretty thin in this relatively expensive to travel - we got no specials for you - town

I'm running a near 70% upgrade rate this year, Cash + Points makes an especially good value.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There's a newish aloft one stop from PDX on the light rail line that also provides an airport shuttle, IIRC shared with the Sheraton. It's a reasonable alternative to the Sheraton at the entrance to the airport.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Woman reports sexual assault at Sheraton PDX

A female guest was assaulted in her room late on Monday night (10/14) and the police have a photo of the alleged assailant. The surveillance photo shown in the news story is taken by the elevators near the lobby.

"PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN 6) — A woman told police she was sexually assaulted at the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel Monday night.

The woman called police around 11:30 p.m. and said an unidentified man forced his way into her room and sexually assaulted her. He fled, she said, but did not know where or how he left, police said:"

Full Story

TV news story
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Just booked this for one night in Feb.

Arrive at 11:15 PM and depart at 7:50 AM so will be nice to get some quality sleep.

Shuttle service sounds reasonable too ^
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Had an one-night stay, upgrade cleared using SNU.

The good:
  • Proximity to the airport.
  • Plenty of parking.
  • Good restaurant, with enthusiastic bartender and server.
  • Decent indoor pool/spa and workout room.

The not-so-good:
  • Check-in process was perfunctory. No enthusiasm, no warmth, no welcoming back. No descriptions of the lounge, other than a card in the check-in packet.
  • It appears that they do not have any bellmen available. A front desk clerk helped me with the luggage.
  • The SNU put us into a "junior suite". The reason air quotes are required is because the room has a separate sitting area with 3 chairs, along with the work desk facing the wall, and a 13" TV in the opposite corner away from from the work desk. No couch or chaise. When discussed the issue with the front desk, they said there were no other suites/junior suites available, even though they are still available for booking. FD said the other rooms were not available due to HVAC issues. Felt like the SNU was wasted.
  • After complaining to @SPG on Twitter, someone from the hotel was supposed to reach out. When I called the front desk for another matter, the person on the other end made a brief mentioning that she called regarding the room issue, but I was not in the room. However, she did not leave a voicemail or a letter/card either. The only response to the feedback was "I'll put down as you don't like one of the mini-suites" and a credit for F&B.

Overall, it's a decent airport hotel. While I had a nice upgrade to a real suite in the past at this property, it appears that they also have not-quite-junior-suites and calling them junior suites, reducing the value of using the SNU. My recommendation would be not choosing the junior suite category if you are applying the SNU.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Great Lounge Offerings

I stayed here arriving very late on Monday and basically crashed. Agree with the comments above. Physical hotel is nothing special, could use a little updating, but very clean and well maintained.
Breakfast offerings looked like they came directly from Starbucks. Nice espresso machine, and nice selection of scones, muffins, etc. Also had hot items, but that's not my thing, so I didn't indulge.

Also staying here tonight before an early morning flight.
Stopped in the lounge to see what they had and it was one of the best spreads I've seen. Finger sandwiches, pot stickers, meatballs, cheese plate, veggies, chips & Salsa, etc. Nice selection of soda, juice, water, etc.
Only disappointing thing was the lack of local beers in the lounge....only had coors light, heineken, and one other.

Overall, it's a solid airport hotel.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 11:14 am
Original Member

Stayed here again over the July 4th weekend. This time, the waiting room area in my room has only 1 chair, but they called the room "Deluxe Junior Suite". Suite is showing as available for booking, but the front desk supervisor claimed there was a system synch issue. Oh, the guy tried to dissuade me from speaking with the MOD when I asked for one by confirming that he's a supervisor.

Buyers beware.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by LISAA
I love the PDX Sheraton.... quiet rooms, plat recognition and the club lounge has excellent snacks and breakfast..... the espresso maker alone adds value. Easy in and out, parking is no problem. Love it.
Agreed, had a great stay here, just spent a couple nights in Portland. You can walk from this property to the airport. Parking was a breeze.

As a Plat, got lounge access. They have a great spread, Starbucks coffee.

Here's their hours:

5:30AM-9:00AM (7 days a week) Breakfast
5:00PM-8:00PM (7 days a week)- Hot and cold appetizers & cocktail hour*

*Cocktail hours (best part) two complimentary glasses of house wine, beer or cocktails.

Jazzaniah was our lounge host, he was awesome. He had the whole place laughing and having a great time. Definitely shop by the lounge and pay him a visit.

A little known perk of this hotel is they offer 24hr shuttle service to local area, including Portland. This is impressive if you'd like to go downtown for dinner and drinks. They'll take you there, and give you a ride back.

Last edited by BarryL; Oct 22, 2016 at 6:20 am Reason: Lounge hour correction
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I stayed here arriving very late on Monday and basically crashed. Agree with the comments above. Physical hotel is nothing special, could use a little updating, but very clean and well maintained.
Breakfast offerings looked like they came directly from Starbucks. Nice espresso machine, and nice selection of scones, muffins, etc. Also had hot items, but that's not my thing, so I didn't indulge.

Overall, it's a solid airport hotel.
You're right about the hotel's condition, but they're getting a renovation in 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.