Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[GONE: left 29Feb16] Hotel Kamp Helsinki, Finland, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[GONE: left 29Feb16] Hotel Kamp Helsinki, Finland, Luxury Collection [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by holtju2
And there is a piece on HS.fi that the 15-year agreement with the Starwood is coming to an end next spring (2016). So, the hotel may or may not be under SPG brand come summer 2016.
Would be a shame...

Location was great!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Place your bets. Kämp is a historical local brand, and I kind of get the feeling the owner will somehow connect Kämp with their local GLO brand.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by remymartin
Place your bets. Kämp is a historical local brand, and I kind of get the feeling the owner will somehow connect Kämp with their local GLO brand.
I have a feeling your bet is right.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 12:36 am

It appears the contract ends already THIS year, not during Spring 2015 as the article HS.fi claims.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
It appears the contract ends already THIS year, not during Spring 2015 as the article HS.fi claims.
That's my understanding also. Fingers crossed for contract renawal, but in the meantime place your bookings for the spring. Well, at least i did, since you never know nowadays what happens when you check at spg portfolio in europe.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 6:37 am

Hear, hear, Kelju. Place your bookings for the spring.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Hotel Kamp Helsinki - The Luxury Colletion [Master Thread]

Any news on this from anyone ? Likely to stay an SPG property ? ...
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:39 am

I'd say 50/50. We'll know more in the summer.

Just stayed there and was very happy with Plat treatment. Upgraded to a nice suite with views of the Esplanade, half a bottle of red waiting in the room and free access to the spa with a really nice steam room etc.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
I agree it's a shame for SPG to lose their only property in Finland.

The owner likes to hang out with his old Ferraris along the Esplanade. He's usually fairly talkative after his espresso.
Old May 15, 2014, 6:26 am

Kämp Group, owner of our favourite Hotel Kämp and the GLO Hotels, today announced it has acquired the Klaus K property from Rake Oy. Rake Oy will become a shareholder in the Kämp Group.

Sorry, no press release or English info available.

No announcements whether Kämp will be deflagging LC as a result.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:02 am

Reporting back - a few weeks ago I got information that the Kämp would be staying with Starwood for the time being ^
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: US CP, AA Plat, DL Silver, EY Gold, Kimpton IC, SPG Plat
Great news! Thank you for the update!!
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, QR Platinum
SPG recognition is very bad here, I was not upgraded to a better room, they refuse to give me the 4 pm late checkout, and they tried to charge me for the WIFI at check out

In 3 years since I become an SPG gold no other hotel had refused my late check out request, I know it based on availability, but hotels always find a way around that except here!
Old Aug 13, 2014, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by alhitmi
SPG recognition is very bad here, I was not upgraded to a better room, they refuse to give me the 4 pm late checkout, and they tried to charge me for the WIFI at check out

In 3 years since I become an SPG gold no other hotel had refused my late check out request, I know it based on availability, but hotels always find a way around that except here!
4pm check-out is guaranteed at "regular" hotels, and it's not subject to availability.

Having said that, you are Gold so you are not entitled to an upgrade to a different category room and free wi-fi is not a gold benefit.

For what it's worth, platinum treatment has always been very good here.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having said that, you are Gold so you are not entitled to an upgrade to a different category room and free wi-fi is not a gold benefit.
I do believe free wi-fi is now a gold benefit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.