Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Boston [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Flews
Usually? I'll be disappointed if I don't see this on my next trip!

Cheers,
Careful what you wish for. In early January, the hotel will be filled with economists for a big convention.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Careful what you wish for. In early January, the hotel will be filled with economists for a big convention.
Fortunately I will be at WDW in early January.

Cheers,
Old May 9, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Satisfied

Had a nice stay last week. Much of what is described in the most recent posts is still true. The recent renovations are holding up, as our room and the hotel in general are in good shape for being so old. (There was a display marking the 50th anniversary of the opening of the South Tower.) The staff was uniformly friendly, patient and helpful, and full Plat recognition was delivered without prompting.

Originally booked a 1K Traditional+SNA for 1 nt. The SNA cleared for a 1K 1 BR at T-5d. Plans changed and needed a 2-bed room for 2 nts. The hotel was sold out the 2nd night I needed, but were offering 3 nt stays overlapping that date. Called the Plat line which called the hotel and they booked a 2 nt stay for me with no fuss. None of their nine 2-bed suites are in the SNA pool so I didn’t reapply. At check in they offered a 1K+sofa bed 1 BR suite, but I needed two real beds so they put me in a 2D Club room in the North Tower. While the room was on the small side, the express elevators to the Club levels were very fast and always available (again, despite being sold out) which boosted our satisfaction. Not sure the beds were Sweet Sleepers because they seemed too hard, and just not as comfortable as the Candlewood Suites bed I slept in later on this trip.

The Lounge is a bit small for the size of the hotel, though it wasn’t as packed as I feared; we and most everyone else found a seat. The food and drink were the standard fare as previously mentioned (good oatmeal and fixin’s, stale pastries, fresh fruit and veggies, spectacular desserts). The attendants were very friendly and kept the Lounge in fine condition despite the crowds.

Originally Posted by nyold
The swimming pool is too shallow to do serious laps, and there are people making out in the corner usually, but the gym has the modern equipments and the sauna was a nice addition... Parking is atrocious. I forget how much exactly but they charge a ridiculous amount for valet parking, and there's not much else you can do otherwise...
While I agree the pool is not ideal for speed workouts, it’s about as good as one could expect in a hotel, more than acceptable for basic lap swimming (better than the Westin Copley Place pool). There is a small locker room (though only one locker had a working key) on the other side of the gym with an accessible shower. It was too cold to open the pool area cover or use the outdoor deck, though those would be nice touches on a warmer day.

Valet was $51/day and the self-park option was I think $40/day. The valet attendants were very friendly, helpful and prompt, and one refused to take a tip after bringing up a bag I forgot in my car.

Overall this stay was as satisfying as the Westin Copley Place and I'd stay again if in the area.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Stayed here several times over the years, never received an upgrade of note. Hit the jackpot on my most recent stay, and received a "presidential suite." Not sure the room is quite worth that description, but it was a one-bedroom suite that took up the entire eastern edge of the North Tower, with views of Cambridge, the river, Fenway, and South End. The lounge remains underwhelming, but the view was the best I've ever had in Boston.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: AC 50k, Marriott LIfetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Staying here this week and got a Junior Suite as a Plat, first non-Suite Night upgrade I've had in a long time. 17th floor overlooking the Charles, Back Bay and Fenway! I really like this hotel and it's connected to the Pru Center and Copley so you can get around indoors quite a bit.

I think the Lounge is pretty good. 29th floor with great views. Breakfast selection is Continental plus Quiche plus a fantastic selection of fruit (Strawberries, Melon, Pineapple, lots of Raspberries). Evening is great cheese plates, couple of hot hors d'oeuvres and dessert tarts. Friendly staff as well.

It's a bit of a pain if you're not staying on the 29th (or 26th and above) and some of the elevators don't go all the way up. If you're on 26 and above there are "private" elevators that only serve 26-29.

I also like the Westin Copley and the new lounge there should be interesting, but the Sheraton is very good.
Old May 24, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Unfortunately this is another property where all incoming packages are handled by your friendly neighbourhood Fedex Shipping Centre, anywhere from $2 to $25 if you pick them up.

Waived Fedex package receiving fees would be a great Platinum perk
Old May 25, 2017, 8:18 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yvr76
Unfortunately this is another property where all incoming packages are handled by your friendly neighbourhood Fedex Shipping Centre, anywhere from $2 to $25 if you pick them up.

Waived Fedex package receiving fees would be a great Platinum perk
It's not a real FedEx Shipping Center. It is a Business Center that happens to handle FedEx.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by stc
It's not a real FedEx Shipping Center. It is a Business Center that happens to handle FedEx.
Actually it IS a real FedEx Office Print & Ship Center. You do not need to be a guest of the hotel to utilize the same services that are available at most FedEx Office Print & Ship Centers, including returning merchandise to a vendor (per experience).

It's open 7:00 am - 7:00 pm Tuesday-Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturday; 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Sunday; Closed on Monday.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:06 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by controller1
Actually it IS a real FedEx Office Print & Ship Center. You do not need to be a guest of the hotel to utilize the same services that are available at most FedEx Office Print & Ship Centers, including returning merchandise to a vendor (per experience).

It's open 7:00 am - 7:00 pm Tuesday-Friday; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Saturday; 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Sunday; Closed on Monday.
You're Right. For some reason I thought it was a Penfield's (probably confusing with the Westin Waterfront) and my brief search on FedEx.com missed it. But I have now found it on FedEx.com.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by stc
You're Right. For some reason I thought it was a Penfield's (probably confusing with the Westin Waterfront) and my brief search on FedEx.com missed it. But I have now found it on FedEx.com.
If I recall its a low usage facility. Its in the hallway when going from the hotel to the Mall if I'm not mistaken.
Old May 28, 2017, 7:14 am
stc

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
If I recall its a low usage facility. Its in the hallway when going from the hotel to the Mall if I'm not mistaken.
Yes, that is where it is. On the right-hand side when going to the mall (opposite the back bay ballroom).
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:55 pm

Is the Sheraton Boston a convention center hotel? (late check out)

Hello,

Does anyone know if the Sheraton Boston is considered a convention center hotel?

I'm aware that the SPG terms state:
Gold and Platinum members may check out as late as 4 p.m. This benefit is guaranteed at all hotels, except at resort, conference center, and convention hotels, where it is based upon availability.
I was told at check in that management does not want to grant a late check out beyond 1 pm. Late check out is partially why I booked here.

Before I push back tomorrow morning, I want to be certain that SPG Platinums should receive guaranteed 4 pm checkout here.

Thanks for any wisdom FT can offer!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you find the big FAQ thread on the late checkout benefit, it should have a link (perhaps in a wiki) to a list of convention properties posted by one of our Starwood Lurkers.

You could also call Plat Concierge several times to ask, but do not let them tell you that late checkouts are subject to availability in all Starwood properties.

FWIW, a couple years ago I got (a nice upgrade and) a late checkout to 4 pm here without a fight.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you find the big FAQ thread on the late checkout benefit, it should have a link (perhaps in a wiki) to a list of convention properties posted by one of our Starwood Lurkers.

You could also call Plat Concierge several times to ask, but do not let them tell you that late checkouts are subject to availability in all Starwood properties.

FWIW, a couple years ago I got (a nice upgrade and) a late checkout to 4 pm here without a fight.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. This is indeed a convention center hotel.

For anyone else with this issue, a list can be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18920557-post809.html
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:59 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
It is attached to the Hynes Convention Center so that doesn't surprise me. There are a few convention/resort categorized properties that do surprise me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.