FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sheraton Boston [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/765151-sheraton-boston-master-thread.html)

clover Oct 25, 2004 9:54 pm

Sheraton Boston [Master Thread]

I'll be at the Sheraton Boston Wednesday night. Could be clinching night for the Sox. I'm looking for suggestions as to the best place to watch the game. I'd like it to be walking distance from the hotel since I don't want to worry about getting a cab if they happen to clinch that night! TIA

slippahs Oct 25, 2004 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by clover
I'll be at the Sheraton Boston Wednesday night. Could be clinching night for the Sox. I'm looking for suggestions as to the best place to watch the game. I'd like it to be walking distance from the hotel since I don't want to worry about getting a cab if they happen to clinch that night! TIA

How's about anywhere near Fenway? There's some good bars around there that broadcast the game, IRRC. Also, if the Sox DO clentch the series, no matter where you are, I'd run back to the hotel as quick as you can. :o

FWIW, this is probably a post more suited for the Boston/New England Board.

aloha

clover Oct 25, 2004 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by slippahs
How's about anywhere near Fenway? There's some good bars around there that broadcast the game, IRRC. Also, if the Sox DO clentch the series, no matter where you are, I'd run back to the hotel as quick as you can. :o

FWIW, this is probably a post more suited for the Boston/New England Board.

aloha

I don't want to be anywhere near Fenway that night...but I will check the boston forum. thanks.

wideman Oct 26, 2004 6:03 am

There's a very good sports bar, Champions, in the ground floor of the Copley Marriott. Most of the people there are locals, and I guarantee you that it'll be packed and rocking. You don't even have to go outside to get there from the Sheraton -- follow the walkway to the Prudential Center to the Marriott/Copley Place, and take the escalator down 1 level.

I'd agree with avoiding the Fenway Park area.

stc Oct 26, 2004 6:29 am

Originally Posted by clover

Well, if you want the whole sports bar experience, Champions in the Marriott would probably be a good suggestion. But, if you just want to watch the game with good service and be close to the hotel, why not stay in the bar at the Sheraton. They have a large projection TV IIRC.

welookgood.com Oct 26, 2004 7:06 am

Get in early snd go to Jillians... It won't be that crowded :-)

chobby100 Oct 27, 2004 8:31 am

imho jillians sucks if going to a bar near fenway is of interest. Go to cask n flagon or beerworks. Near your place champions is probably the best.

(Im in spain and have not seen one game yet die hard fan and sorta sad for me :( )

Arcolaio99 Oct 27, 2004 11:17 am

Originally Posted by chobby100
imho jillians sucks if going to a bar near fenway is of interest. Go to cask n flagon or beerworks. Near your place champions is probably the best.

(Im in spain and have not seen one game yet die hard fan and sorta sad for me :( )

What about watching the games on the internet? Check out MLB.com

stimpy Oct 27, 2004 1:30 pm

FWIW I was at the Sheraton during the Yankees series and it is an easy walk to Fenway. However if you want to get into any Fenway bar you will have to get there very early. I got there 3 hours early for game 3 and the Cask and Flagon had about 50 people in line.

I wouldn't listen to all the negative talk about going to Fenway. I was there after they won game 7 and I saw thousands of very happy people. The news about widespread riots was all B.S. Perhaps there were a few isolated incidents, but 99% of the people were in a state of bliss. Lots of hugging and kissing. I am sure it will be the same if they win tonight.

A sports bar like Champions is just another sports bar. But there will be only one place in the world like Fenway tonight. :)

Plato90s Oct 27, 2004 1:54 pm

If you don't want Fenway, then go toward the Copley area. The Champions bar in the Marriott hotel is very sports-oriented but caters to a more yuppie crowd. Dick's Last Resort is right across the street, and that's more of a working-man bar which will also be a good place to watch the game.

Starwood Lurker Oct 27, 2004 3:09 pm

Pity the fool who asks the barkeep to change the channel to The West Wing. ;)

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]

stimpy Sep 18, 2005 5:17 pm

Sheraton Boston [Master Thread]

I don't know if anyone else has reported on this, but it's the first of it's kind I've ever seen. This huge hotel often has long check in lines, so now they have a check in machine like the ones at the airport. You insert your credit card, go through a few questions, and it spits out a key and a piece of paper with the details. Fast and easy!

Sam P. Goodman Sep 18, 2005 9:31 pm

Was there in June and saw a kiosk in the lobby, thought it might be for check-in, but no line so I went to the front desk. When I decided to see what the kiosk was all about the next day, it was gone. Maybe they were beta testing it?

MFLetou Sep 19, 2005 9:32 am

How cool would it be if you could select your room on the machine, like you could with an airline kiosk?

gleff Sep 19, 2005 1:16 pm

They even held a contest and invited Flyertalkers to participate in order to name that bad boy...!