FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Sheraton Boston [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/765151-sheraton-boston-master-thread.html)

Eastbay1K Feb 17, 2024 11:20 am

Recent one-night stay:

1) Upgrade to a fairly large 1BR suite. Dated decor, but fine.
2) No club lounge - this is probably the first full-service US Sheraton that I can recall that (COVID-excepted) didn't have a lounge.
3) Pool and gym closed - I saw a warning about the pool dates (no biggie) but the room with the machines / weights was also closed (they brought the dumbbells to a temp cardio room, but this was not sufficient.
4) The "Continental" breakfast was ok enough (I really only wanted coffee and some fruit/yogurt), but the hot $7 add didn't look worth it.
5) 4pm checkout without a blink.
6) Someone pulled the fire alarm at 3am (I asked at check-out what the incident was) - after further instruction, we were told to evacuate. By the time I got dressed and went to the stairwell (which was packed), BFD gave the all clear. I saw a BFD engine leaving the property when I looked out the window after returning to my room. I was glad to be on the 10th floor, given that I was about to walk down 10 flights. This incident wasn't the hotel's fault, but quite the annoying turn of events.
7) Location great for the Logan Express bus. I didn't expect that I'd be spending $3 total for my airport transportation.
8) Front desk insufficiently staffed at check-in.

sfozrhfco Mar 27, 2024 11:45 pm

Was upgraded to a river view suite. Lounge still closed. Restaurant also closed due to renovations. Haven’t stayed here in a while and wasn’t expecting that. Probably would have chosen another hotel had I known before I arrived. Pillow quality is also very low.

Apparently the whole hotel is finally undergoing a long overdue renovation. Next year it should be nicer.

roblox_9 May 8, 2024 3:07 am

Stayed here end of April in a River View Premium. Was on single occupancy so the size was very convenient. It will still be ok for two but i would suggest a larger room if you are coming in with two or more suitcases. Dining was a disappointment as there are no in-house dining options (currently). Good news is that it is temporary and there are plenty of options in the connected mall although i would prefer to have the in-house option. Room was very well maintained, clean and comfortable.
Location was good. I would have said great if i hadnt seen the Marriott at the Seaport ;). Sheraton is on the main street with plenty of shopping and dining options. Walking distance to the Public Gardens, Commons and Newbury Street. so plenty to do nearby.