Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Starwood Lurker
If you're here, you are obviously experiencing some issues with the web site. Our apologies for any inconvenience. We have an interest in giving you the best web experience possible, so here are some tips on how to get any problems resolved:

First of all, the web assistance team has this suggestion for you:

"We first suggest the normal steps of clearing their cache (temporary files) and cookies, then log out of their Starwood Preferred Guest account online, then close all browser windows before trying again. Please note that clearing cookies may also remove any stored passwords in the browser.

It is important for them to log out to ensure no bad/old data is saved and so that the online account has a chance to refresh.

Also note that cache and cookies are 2 different things. The cache memory is what remembers old content for faster page loading and may cause errors after updates. Cookies are mostly only meant for tracking during the current session. Both can still remember old errors that may have existed in the browser."

You should also be aware that being on a VPN sometimes interferes with your browsing experience. Try browsing without being on VPN and see if this fixes the issue.

If this does not resolve your issue, you can you can send an email to [email protected] along with any screenshots leading up to and including the error message.

It also helps if you include the following information in your email:

-What browser(s) have you tried? Is the issue happening over multiple browsers or just one?
-Are you using a desktop/laptop or a mobile device?
-If you are using mobile device does this issue persist when on a desktop/laptop?

Once we have this information, we can forward it on to the web assistance team for further review, so please be as complete as possible.

If you are having an issue with any of the SPG apps, you can send the following information directly to the SPG App team at [email protected]:

-What device and operating system are you using?
-What version of our app do you have installed?
-What is the problem you have encountered?
Print Wikipost

spg.com website down / broken / issues / login problems ? Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Trying to book a trip to NYC and noticed that the map view on the website is still broken. With 43 properties showing up in just one city and five of them having 'times square' and some without any location mark (eg. W New York), a map would be useful.

Map view has been broken for a couple of weeks, so they don't really seem to have any urgency in this. But.. I've found that Google shows most Starwood and Marriott properties just by moving the map to NYC and then hit 'Starwood hotels'.

Prices will appear when you select the right dates and you can book with a direct link to SPG.

Last edited by arjen05; Sep 10, 2017 at 1:23 pm Reason: Removed Google maps link, because it appeared as an in-message visual map
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by arjen05
Map view has been broken for a couple of weeks, so they don't really seem to have any urgency in this.
+1
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Not to pile on, but I also can't get Chrome to remember my username or my password, even when I click the box. This could be user error or a setting in Chrome, but the browser appears to remember at least some of my logins for other websites.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Score8
Not to pile on, but I also can't get Chrome to remember my username or my password, even when I click the box. This could be user error or a setting in Chrome, but the browser appears to remember at least some of my logins for other websites.
I'm having this same issue.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by arjen05
Trying to book a trip to NYC and noticed that the map view on the website is still broken. With 43 properties showing up in just one city and five of them having 'times square' and some without any location mark (eg. W New York), a map would be useful.

Map view has been broken for a couple of weeks, so they don't really seem to have any urgency in this. But.. I've found that Google shows most Starwood and Marriott properties just by moving the map to NYC and then hit 'Starwood hotels'.

Prices will appear when you select the right dates and you can book with a direct link to SPG.
appears fixed to me today using safari.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pruss2ny
appears fixed to me today using safari.
Me too, using Chrome. However...

Originally Posted by Zorak
I also tend to doubt that there is a SPG property in the middle of Victoria Harbour:
... it still shows the W Hong Kong in the middle of the water, but at least now I know which property it is

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 12.24.09.png
Views: 997
Size:  183.2 KB
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the Android app? For about 1 week I can't login, as I get a "bad login/username" message. Very inconvenient as I'm in the middle of an extensive hotel-hopping business trip...
Old Sep 23, 2017, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Almost a month of purple dots and still no resolution...SMH
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Almost a month of purple dots and still no resolution...SMH
Are you not seeing the fix reported 2 posts above ?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Are you not seeing the fix reported 2 posts above ?
There is a difference between a "fix" and a "multi step inconvenient workaround"

I just got the purple dots this am btw
Old Sep 23, 2017, 11:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
There is a difference between a "fix" and a "multi step inconvenient workaround"

I just got the purple dots this am btw
What I observed and screen capped a few posts ago was a complete fix, i.e. return to original behavior. But it could be broken again this morning, or the fix isn't rolled out to their entire web cluster yet, or there are more parameters that influence the issue.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Just tried my search again and I see numbered tabs on the map. Appears to be fixed to me.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by RDB68
I can't access my account. Anyone else having the same issue?

I went to log in today and after one attempt was told my account was locked.
This happened to me about 2 weeks ago and again today. It makes me think some third party is trying access my account.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like I'm no longer a member of the purple dot club. No more switching between platforms.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Try to go to spg.com and I get this:
SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle /preferredguest/ has not been defined.

SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle www.starwoodhotels.com:443 has not been defined.

IBM WebSphere Application Server

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.