Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien N'Fis, Marrakesh / Marrakech, Morocco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien N'Fis, Marrakesh / Marrakech, Morocco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
How long would you stay for leisure in Marrakech? We are going late september en planning on a points stay (since it's so cheap ) and doubt about how many days.
I did 5 nights there, thought it was just about right

Plenty of day trip excursions to be had

Depends too if you want to see other parts of Morocco (Fez apparently is cool too)
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Does anybody has the e-mail of the GM?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Does anybody has the e-mail of the GM?
I have it from my last stay, and would be please to provide it, if it is a current or post-stay issue.

This property has potential but many of the staff and mid-management are just clueless at good service and the property itself is showing its age and then some.

Last edited by PointWeasel; Jul 1, 2015 at 7:15 am
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I have it from my last stay, and would be please to provide it, if it is a current or post-stay issue.

This property has potential but many of the staff and mid-management are just clueless at good service and the property itself is showing its age and then some.
I've heard also a lot of good things from this thread. I want to e-mail them about the upcoming trip I booked for september. You can send me message if you prefer. Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:47 am

Just spend a whole week at this hotel and we had a wonderful stay. It was a very slow week, so it almost felt like a boutique hotel

We were lucky to read up on the last experiences, so it prepared us for the fact that it nothing has been done after the opening somehwat 15 years ago. So it became a gimmick to look for something broken, old, missing in every area we were. In our room a lamp was broken, window lock didn't work, door handle was missing on our Morrocan door. So when we said this, it was fixed. So now we had one Morrocan door handle and a old, normal one on the other side of the door. That sort of stuff.

Plat got us a suite, which wasn' that big but good enough. If we would have gotten the room booked, we might not be so happy no drinks, hamman etc.

Breakfast was good, enough choice. We found lunch ok with a small menu, but dinner not that good. Also the restaurant itself was not that great. You have to look it up on tripadvisor, but for the same price range there are much better restaurants nearby (walking distance).

Staff is excellent though, always nice and helpfull. They really try to help you any way.

Don't know if I would go back (I will def go back to Marrakech, fanastic vibe and city!!) since no upgrade is planned for the future. In all fairness, we paid €485,- for a 7 night stay incl breakfast (with BRG-claim) so in all we got a great stay for that price.

O and funny thing, we did Make A Green Choice but never got the cards. After 2 days we asked at reception and got cards (nothing written on them) for all nights for our stay so we did also get some extra points.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: SPG Plat / Hilton Diamond / BA Silver
Loved It

A long time lurker here and having stayed at this hotel last month thoughht it time I posted!

Was not sure what to expect when arriving at this hotel but from the moment we arrived were made to feel so welcome and the staff (escpecially the concierge) were really helpful and friendly! Reminded me of what it used to be like arriving as an SPG Ambassador guest prior to things getting watered down!

We got upgraded to a suite and while it is not like a suite in many major cities, with a certain level of character I must say we both enjoyed it and everything worked and shower pressure was actually very good! Air conditioning was reasonable if not perfect.

What struck us though was for the price we paid (which wasnt a lot) the recognition and level of service at the hotel was simply great! We used the pool a bit and relaxed getting drinks as well. Service was again very good and friendly!

We will certainly return and stay again, reallly was a fantastic stay with the concierge suggesting and arranging somewhere different to eat each evening and every meal was spot on what we had suggested we were looking for / wanting that evening!
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:15 pm

SPG Free nights are really only 2 single beds? I guess we can smash them together...
Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corpgator
SPG Free nights are really only 2 single beds? I guess we can smash them together...
I also booked the SPG free night back in Dec, but indicated that it'd be my preference that I get a king bed. When I checked in, I got upgraded (no status), and there was a king bed. So, I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by solewalker
I also booked the SPG free night back in Dec, but indicated that it'd be my preference that I get a king bed. When I checked in, I got upgraded (no status), and there was a king bed. So, I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Great, thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 4:07 am

Are the rooms upgraded? I saw some pictures on my app today and the rooms seemed to be different then when I was there in '15.

The only real downside of this property is that it needs refurbishing. In '15 they didn't have any plans to do so, so curious to see if that changed?! Otherwise I would definitely go back there next year.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum & Gold for life, M&M Senator, Flying Blue Platinum,
I am waiting till W Marrakesh is opening.
Until than I prefer to stay in the boutique riads in Marrakesh or at Sofitel nearby.

Stayed at Le Meridien Kech twice, once for work, once for leisure and would not recommend the hotel.

I found the breakfast for example to be very poor, definitely for a city like Marrakech where you have breakfast like a king for less than 50 Dirham (€4) in every café at Gueliz.
The rooms don't give a warm feeling and the furniture is dated.

A plus about the hotel is the garden, but these wonderful gardens are found all over Marrakesh.

*Edit: I am having a headache for 2 weeks now, so I might be a bit more skeptical than usual

Last edited by Remcod; Aug 18, 2016 at 6:19 am
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:22 pm

Any thoughts on family of 4 (2 kids) at the Meridien? I am a plat. With 2 single beds and King options, do I definitely need 2 rooms? No option of 2 doubles for example, even with upgrade?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: UA gold, DL 1M, BA silver, B6; Marriott lifetime gold
Appreciate guidance on local dining.

Heading here at the end of January for Marrakesh Marathon, looking for carbo-loading Saturday night and big Sunday post-race meal.

Prefer Saturday to stay within short walk of hotel (5-10 minutes), will taxi if necessary but really want low-impact evening and early bedtime. MO is two plates of spaghetti, avoiding too much sauce and spices, although will consider other carb-heavy dishes.

Sunday is early afternoon meal with local cuisine. Taxi is fine although rather not go all the way across town (expect to see plenty of the city during the race). Have done steak in Buenos Aires, schnitzel in Vienna, sushi in Tokyo.

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
There's a mall directly opposite the hotel that has plenty of carbohydrate-based dining options.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
What room is this?

Who knows this hotel?

Staying here now way out of high season for two paid nights as Platinum. My brother in law is also Platinum and has booked three rooms.

The SPG app shows me as being in an Executive Room.

All of us are in identical rooms on 1st and 2nd floors with no balcony in the block behind the pool restaurant.

To me they feel like basic rooms. Nothing executive about them. And certainly no Private Terrace as listed on the web site. No hint of a suite for any of us either.

I'm not too bothered but I don't know why the app is showing me as upgraded if they went ahead and gave me the basic room anyway. Breakfast was included in the rate and there's obviously no boozy happy hour so Plat benefits here so far seem to be minimal.

Anyone familiar care to confirm which room they actually gave me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.