Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien N'Fis, Marrakesh / Marrakech, Morocco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Meridien N'Fis, Marrakesh / Marrakech, Morocco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:57 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Casablanca is not nearly as interesting a city as Marrakesh. This choice is a no-brainer. Casablanca is so inferior that any disparity in hotel quality is irrelevant.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by postular
Planning my first trip to Morocco. Which property of the 3 SPG options (this one plus the two in Casablanca) would the experts agree is the best option for a long stay?
It seems that the consensus is that Marrakesh is much more interesting than Casablanca. I would be most interested in nay input. TIA
Doing 2 nights (really a day and change) in Casablanca, then 4 full days/nights in Marrakesh...that seems to be the right ratio, from what I've read.

Staying in both LMs so will review afterwards (mid-April).
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Agree, Marrakech far better - so you have it right. This hotel is fine, never had any problems. It's not the best in town, not the worst. Comfortable, reasonable location.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by andymo99
Casablanca is not nearly as interesting a city as Marrakesh. This choice is a no-brainer. Casablanca is so inferior that any disparity in hotel quality is irrelevant.
Agreed.

I spent an afternoon in Casablanca and that was an afternoon too much.

No comparison.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:03 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Upgraded to an "executive atlas" room. I'm not seeing the traces of worn put that were mentioned previously, it is very much up to modern standards.

Staff are very friendly and welcoming and the property overall seems in a good state.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Thanks for all the replies! Looks like I will be down from Plat to Gold by the time I have the stay here. Any recognition or upgrades for Golds?
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Recent Stay at Le Meridian N'FIS

I had a really nice stay at Le Meridian N'FIS last week. Summary of weekend in Marrakech here:

http://www.frugaltravelguy.com/2014/...h-morocco.html
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:53 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Ahhh, I see the issue. I searched for it with the wrong spelling, ..kech vs ..kesh. Evidently others had figured out how to spell since 2007. Thank you!
I've fixed that for you. Thread title updated.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Feb 11, 2014 at 3:08 am
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Great stay

Did 4 nights here a couple weeks ago - a gem of a property and a steal at category 2. Some highlights:

- Nice grounds overall...spacious, big pool area
- Fantastic employees - Youssef the concierge (with whom I had corresponded ahead of time) is amazing; Said the bellhop was personable, smart, and helped me negotiate taxi ride prices (essential in Morocco)
- Used my SNA to get an Ambassador Suite...despite the name, not THAT big, but nice to have a 2nd room/bathroom
- Location...a 5 minute, $3-5 (depending on time of day) ride to the Medina. Yes, it's not as "in the thick of it" as some of the beautiful riads (able to go inside one via our tour guide we hired, Village L'Orange or something like that, and it was beautiful), but I didn't mind being slightly outside all the action...made it easier to get a cab.

Downsides are few...gym isn't much to speak of. Breakfast is fine (buffet including made to order omlettes and Moroccan pancakes) but isn't amazing. Rooms aren't the newest.

But all in all, a fanatastic stay, and a really nice property (esp given the price!)
Old Oct 28, 2014, 4:05 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
- Used my SNA to get an Ambassador Suite...despite the name, not THAT big, but nice to have a 2nd room/bathroom
What did you think of the suite decor? The online pictures show a very gaudy sitting room. We've got one night here, and I just used points to book the "executive atlas" room that GVA mentioned above. It looks easier on the eyes.

It's not clear to me how the executive atlas room differs from a regular room. What do I get for my additional points? The agent didn't have square footage numbers. When I look at my current booking vs the old one, it is only 2 sq m different - 30 vs 28.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Oct 28, 2014 at 4:11 pm
Old Oct 29, 2014, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
What did you think of the suite decor? The online pictures show a very gaudy sitting room. We've got one night here, and I just used points to book the "executive atlas" room that GVA mentioned above. It looks easier on the eyes.

It's not clear to me how the executive atlas room differs from a regular room. What do I get for my additional points? The agent didn't have square footage numbers. When I look at my current booking vs the old one, it is only 2 sq m different - 30 vs 28.
I don't remember it being particularly new dcor-wise...but I did appreciate the extra room, esp. with a 4 night stay. I thought there were regular rooms that weren't suites?

If you have a spare SNA night, I'd say go for it.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
The decor in this hotel won't win any awards, certainly. In particular, the pastiche-Moroccan breakfast area is rather odd. But I think the larger suites are worth it for the extra space and view over the nice grounds.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:55 am

Since I had to change the dates of my trip, I am thankfully Platinum again. I have written to the hotel politely requesting and upgrade since I will be there for two weeks so I have my fingers crossed for a good experience with my expectations tempered somewhat by the mixed reviews. Since my trip is early March I am hoping for low occupancy and a suite upgrade.

Can anyone tell me more about the Hammam? I understand that they only accommodate one guest at a time which seems odd. Does anyone recall if they have female or male masseuses/masseurs or both? Any comments about the treatment and prices would be most welcome. I think I get free access but I am not sure what that includes. TIA.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:10 am

I have to echo what others have said: Service and staff at this property are outstanding as are the pool and grounds. The rooms however are very tired and done very cheaply (dare I say a bit tacky?). It's clear that the owners do not want to upgrade the facilities and that is a real shame because it is desperately needed. That said, I would not dissuade anyone from staying here as long as you understand that the rooms are very basic. I found the location to be ideal as the neighborhood is very nice and safe but every place you would want to go is walkable.

As far as the hammam: it is no longer offered for free to Platinums and the prices are not very enticing. There are so many other options in Marrakech though that this is not too big a deal.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
How long would you stay for leisure in Marrakech? We are going late september en planning on a points stay (since it's so cheap ) and doubt about how many days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.