Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

(Left Marriott, Dec. 2018) Hotel Des Indes, The Hague, Netherlands, LC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wobbly wings
Hotel leaving Marriott
The hotel will leave Marriott on 10 December 2018.

Construction Detours

Due to construction, there are currently multiple street closures and detours obstructing direct access to the hotel. Please expect and plan for travel delays accordingly. Please contact the hotel for further information.
Print Wikipost

(Left Marriott, Dec. 2018) Hotel Des Indes, The Hague, Netherlands, LC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:03 am
Company Representative - Starwood Area Manager the Netherlands

Originally Posted by SamStars
Hi there,

Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction here? My husband and I will be staying at this hotel on Friday; I think he's a frequent poster here on flyertalk.

It's his birthday the day we're checking in (also, he's SPG Platinum). Can anyone suggest somewhere lovely to eat near the hotel where we will be welcome with our baby daughter?

Many thanks!
Please send me a message with your reservation details and we'll take good care of you!

Kurt Renold
Area Manager
Starwood Hotels The Netherlands
Old Aug 25, 2010, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by SamStars
Can anyone suggest somewhere lovely to eat near the hotel where we will be welcome with our baby daughter?
On some other thread here I posted about an excellent Rijstaffel restaurant less than 5 minutes walk. I can't recall the name, but I am sure the hotel staff can point you in the right direction. I think it would be fine to have a baby along. At many Dutch restaurants you see baby strollers. There are plenty of other places within walking distance so you should be fine.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 2:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BMI Gold, Virgin Silver
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm a sucker for a request like this. I'm afraid I've never stayed here, so can't help in that regard - but I encourage you to drop the hotel a note to let them know you'll be checking in on his birthday. You never know, they might give you a nicer room (particularly given that he is a plat) and they might leave a treat in the room for him. Re the restaurant request, the concierge should be able to help. You might request a restaurant with outdoor seating if the weather is good. Little ones seem to thrive with a bit more space, and the more relaxed atmosphere of such seating.
That's wonderful advice. I have now dropped a note to the hotel, thank you for your kind advice.

Originally Posted by stimpy
On some other thread here I posted about an excellent Rijstaffel restaurant less than 5 minutes walk. I can't recall the name, but I am sure the hotel staff can point you in the right direction. I think it would be fine to have a baby along. At many Dutch restaurants you see baby strollers. There are plenty of other places within walking distance so you should be fine.
Thank you so much for that. I will ask the concierge. It is very kind of you.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, GoldPointsplus Gold, QF Platinum, Flying Blue
SamSTars

SamStars,

A good restaurant is Restaurant "Mazie". Check out the website:
http://www.restaurantmazie.nl/index.html

Enoy your stay! Should be good as The Hague is a lovely city. Make sure to go the the beachtown of Scheveningen, which can be easily reached from The Hague by tram. Check out the Kurhaus hotel, lovely property, good place for a coffee, high tea or a drink and bite. I will be wishing for good weather, as I understood it is pretty crap in my homecountry....

Enjoy!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
The name of one rather famous restaurant is Garuda. This Indonesian restaurant used to be very good, but the last reviews are rating the restaurant rather low. I was here several times and the last time the indonesian food was rather fat.

Service is nice and the interior is typical Indonesian.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXP
stayed last night and was upgraded to room 305 with a lovely view of the park/square outside the hotel. I have nothing to say but it is an amazing hotel in great location with stupendous staffing. I would stay here again in a second.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Glad to see this thread bumped, and to see that the reviews are still consistently excellent several years after my first stay at this wonderful property. Am very much looking forward to returning here next weekend. ^
Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
We visited the Raffles Indonesian restaurant when staying at the Des Indes (as recommended by the Concierge) and it was great. Not the cheapest place in town but great food and service.

My wife and I loved the property and will definitely stay here again (even though we didn't get much of an upgrade). The high tea was a great experience if slightly let down in the end by somewhat flaky service (which always seems the norm in the Netherlands). It is incomparably better than the Pullitzer in Amsterdam where we spent our next night.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:09 pm
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
I have to say, this is one of my favorite SPG properties. I stayed on an award booking for Queen's Day Eve last year and was upgraded to a lovely room. ^

Looking forward to staying again next year for koninginnenacht.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:22 pm
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm a sucker for a request like this. I'm afraid I've never stayed here, so can't help in that regard - but I encourage you to drop the hotel a note to let them know you'll be checking in on his birthday. You never know, they might give you a nicer room (particularly given that he is a plat) and they might leave a treat in the room for him. Re the restaurant request, the concierge should be able to help. You might request a restaurant with outdoor seating if the weather is good. Little ones seem to thrive with a bit more space, and the more relaxed atmosphere of such seating.
I have the overall misfortune of having to be overseas on my birthday this month, but at least after reading this post, I'm glad I'll be staying at the Des Indes when I check in on my birthday! My wife was sad that we had to cancel our weekend in Austin, TX (for my last minute work trip to the NL), but at least I'm still getting my Starpoints

CLG
Old Mar 25, 2011, 5:55 am

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Hi all,

I love this hotel, but I always drive to it. Next week, I am going to be flying to Schiphol, and then making my own way to Hotel Des Indes. Can anyone advise me the best way to do it? I am travelling alone (now that my wife has left me for someone else) and will be travelling light.....very light!

I was thinking of a train to Den Haag, and then perhaps walking to the hotel. Has anyone done it?

TIA
Old Mar 25, 2011, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yes, the train is the best way. Direct from the airport to Den Haag Central. Quick and easy. Check out google maps to see how to walk to the hotel.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Originally Posted by Shantanu
Hi all,

I love this hotel, but I always drive to it. Next week, I am going to be flying to Schiphol, and then making my own way to Hotel Des Indes. Can anyone advise me the best way to do it? I am travelling alone (now that my wife has left me for someone else) and will be travelling light.....very light!

I was thinking of a train to Den Haag, and then perhaps walking to the hotel. Has anyone done it?

TIA
Its really easy done by train. Its only 10 -15 min. walking to the hotel from Den Haag Centraal station. You just to the right when you exit the station, you walk through a park and the first crossing you go to the left and crossed a important street. You walk on and I think the 3th street to the right, if you walk straight away you cannot miss the hotel. Have a look on Google maps. Ask for an executive room, much more spacious.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by claes059
Its really easy done by train. Its only 10 -15 min. walking to the hotel from Den Haag Centraal station. You just to the right when you exit the station, you walk through a park and the first crossing you go to the left and crossed a important street. You walk on and I think the 3th street to the right, if you walk straight away you cannot miss the hotel. Have a look on Google maps. Ask for an executive room, much more spacious.
We took taxis both ways between station and property. It was the easiest way and very cheap (I think I paid €10 each way inclusive of tip). I hate walking to properties on a first stay, thereafter once I know the layout of the location I take a view as to a taxi or walking. On balance at this property I would go for the taxi option but that may just be my laziness
Old Mar 26, 2011, 6:34 pm

Location: London (UK), Kolkata (India), and a part of the Netherlands you wouldn't like to visit (aka Purmerend)!
Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Yes, the train is the best way. Direct from the airport to Den Haag Central. Quick and easy. Check out google maps to see how to walk to the hotel.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by claes059
Many thanks indeed....that's great, and makes a lot of sense. I walked around there quite a bit last time I stayed at the hotel, and now that you have given these excellent directions, I can work it out in my head....thank you! They upgraded me to a junior suite last time....beautiful room!....so I am excited about the return next week.

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
We took taxis both ways between station and property. It was the easiest way and very cheap (I think I paid €10 each way inclusive of tip). I hate walking to properties on a first stay, thereafter once I know the layout of the location I take a view as to a taxi or walking. On balance at this property I would go for the taxi option but that may just be my laziness
Thank you! I usually drive to this hotel.....it's the first time I will be there without my car.....but many thanks indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.