Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WasKnown
Expert Review (posted to Luxury Forum) from Dec 2016: 3 exceptional stays with Aman-like service and true luxury

https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...ue-luxury-1716

As of September 2021:

Breakfast is served as in-room dining
Spa is closed (seemingly permanently?)
Gym is open
Bar is open weekends until 11 PM
Print Wikipost

St Regis San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 2:23 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by persian316
Does anyone know the occupancy policy for the St. Regis? Is it a maximum of 2 guests per room? are they really strict about this rule? could i get away with having 3 individuals in one room?
Welcome to FlyerTalk! I just tried booking 3 people in a room and the website allowed me to do so. It shows rooms with 2 double beds as available.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 3:41 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by persian316
Does anyone know the occupancy policy for the St. Regis? Is it a maximum of 2 guests per room? are they really strict about this rule? could i get away with having 3 individuals in one room?
We had 3 in one room with 2 beds over Memorial Day wknd.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 6:38 am

Programs: UA 1K MM,Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I recently spent three nights at St Regis with my partner. What a great stay. I took advantage of the weeknight promotion but was still upgraded to a corner suite.On arrival there is an immediate sense of peace and quality .We took advantage of the room service which was excellent. I love the sense of maturity of the St Regis brand. One example of this is fact that their pool and gym are always both open 24/7. It gives a true sense of a home away from home experience.

I was wandering how St Regis compares with the W up the street.

Thanks St Regis.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:01 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by ThorHermes
I recently spent three nights at St Regis with my partner. What a great stay. I took advantage of the weeknight promotion but was still upgraded to a corner suite.On arrival there is an immediate sense of peace and quality .We took advantage of the room service which was excellent. I love the sense of maturity of the St Regis brand. One example of this is fact that their pool and gym are always both open 24/7. It gives a true sense of a home away from home experience.

Thanks St Regis.
Won't stay at the St. Regis for a couple weeks, but can tell you that the W is... very W. Feels like you're in a night club in the lobby and lounge, and the rooms are very, well, modern. I think my corner room had three budda's in it .. Guess the W brand just isn't quite me. The hotel itself is nice though, staff was so-so.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 9:47 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by ThorHermes

Thanks St Regis.
If I had to choose, I'd do the St Regis first then the W. You can always walk over for a drink or food.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the SR treats preferred plus members this Saturday.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

There is a computer on the 3rd floor where you can print out boarding cards for free.
Worth repeating. ^
After dinner on Saturday night, I was able to use the computer without interruption.

Originally Posted by AlxStevens

I especially enjoyed the smart room control device on the bedside that controlled the lights, drapes and temperature as well as serving as the clock and phone.
Very cool, and easy to use.

Arrived last Saturday at 10:00am. My room wasn't ready. i asked if it would be possible to get a room on a high floor with a view. The front desk said that the hotel was sold out, and my free night reservation was for a lower floor....'but I'll see what I can do'.

Checked in later in the day to room 1515.

After inspecting the room, I wondered where the closet was. Trust me when I say you'll find it.

Comfortable bed. The best pillow I've slept on in a long time. ^
A hugh walk-in shower with sitting area. Showerhead is a waterfalls type.
The leather (type) walls in the separated toilet area were unusual.

This room had to be at least 350' ft. 2 bottles of Evian water in the room. And one last classy thing, the hotel uses Spiegelau water glasses bedside. ^

dh
Old Aug 13, 2009, 12:29 pm

Also stayed there this past weekend, maybe I passed by you in the lobby. Stayed in a Superior level guest room which was quite comfortable. I actually liked the giant opening window that allowed you view the bed area from the bathroom, let me keep an eye on our toddler while we were getting ready for a wedding. The room was available for an early checkin which was nice. Didn't use the hotel ammenities all that much though. Parked in the MOMA lot just down the alley which saved 20 bucks a night for parking.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
Blocking Free Weekend Nights??

I can't help feeling this property is blocking free weekend night award usage through the end of the promo (end Sept). Is that even possible?

I keep trying to use my last 2 free nights and that room category is not available until the first weekend in October (after the promo ends). I've been trying for several weeks already to find weekend availability (ANY weekend before end Sep) and there's nothing.

I could believe that they really are booked up for the Superior Room category all through September, but the reason it seems strange to me is that they're selling a higher category room for less money on weekends through the end of September, than the Superior Rooms first weekend in October.

Sep 4-6
Superior Room - Not Available
Deluxe Room - $295

Oct 2-4
Superior Room - $327
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MaximusDamon
I can't help feeling this property is blocking free weekend night award usage through the end of the promo (end Sept). Is that even possible?

...I could believe that they really are booked up for the Superior Room category all through September, but the reason it seems strange to me is that they're selling a higher category room for less money on weekends through the end of September, than the Superior Rooms first weekend in October.

Sep 4-6
Superior Room - Not Available
Deluxe Room - $295

Oct 2-4
Superior Room - $327
I was able to get the SR for next Sunday night. Saturdays, however, do seem booked up.

October 2-4 is the USC Weekender, so a bunch of parents who can spend $40k+++ a year to send their kids to college are coming to the Bay Area and all the Starwood Properties in San Francisco are charging significantly more that weekend... St. Francis is the official hotel with a group rate of $225, for example.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by MaximusDamon
Honestly, I doubt it. It is a beautiful property, and a highly desirable place to use our free nights. I expect it has been booked out by those who made their stay decisions earlier.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I expect it has been booked out by those who made their stay decisions earlier.
We're there tomorrow and Sunday.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman

I will be there Sep. 11-13.

sdcarver
Old Aug 14, 2009, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
well at least i know who is taking up the room space!
Old Aug 14, 2009, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Ill be at the SR SF as well tomm., checking out sunday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.