Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Paris - Vendôme, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Since you say "dates" - can you book any 1 night stays at the W, and check back if other nights open up close in? They're quite close (can walk between the two in 10-15 minutes or so), and would be a fun comparison.
I could but then I'd lose the 5th night free at the Westin (I'm staying a total of 5 days). Not worth it imo in this case. But otherwise I do generally agree I like to check out multiple properties.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Can anyone comment on the likelihood of getting an upgraded room (view?) at the property with Gold status? I've gone back through about 2 years of posts and most upgrades are Platinum.

I'm considering staying here for either 4 or 5 nights in March around Easter, using points (if we decide on 5 nights) or C+P (if 4 nights). I'm a little put off by the steep rates and negative reviews, but I'm not enough of a fan of the W style to stay there.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by wired2theworld
Can anyone comment on the likelihood of getting an upgraded room (view?) at the property with Gold status? I've gone back through about 2 years of posts and most upgrades are Platinum.

I'm considering staying here for either 4 or 5 nights in March around Easter, using points (if we decide on 5 nights) or C+P (if 4 nights). I'm a little put off by the steep rates and negative reviews, but I'm not enough of a fan of the W style to stay there.
As a GOLD, i would say the chances are slim to none. If you really want the upgraded room, i would pay the extra points.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Originally Posted by kluau88
As a GOLD, i would say the chances are slim to none. If you really want the upgraded room, i would pay the extra points.
If they have the room available (one level up) they will upgrade you, better go during the low season and book the room just under the one you really want if you want to maximize your chances
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:03 am

Just booked a room for my wife and I using points. I'm a plat with suite night awards. Which suites should we request and what's the likelihood of getting it.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
I'm staying in this hotel for Easter in 2 weeks and in addition to @skijosh's question I was wondering whether it's worth using SNA's at all, or can I just take the chance of being upgraded? They seem to have 428 rooms, including 80 suites. Much more than the W.

And... anyone an advice on where to park the car?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I have gotten suites/upgrades using SNAs the last three times I was there. Once an Eiffel tower view (not a huge room but a great view), once an interior suite on the top floor (nice room plus extra space and very quiet) and once an Ambassador Suite on the second floor (huge sitting room, regular BR and bath and very loud due to outside noise). There are pluses and minuses on all three. I have only used SNAs on stays here since I became platinum and as a gold did not get much that I can recall (years ago).
Old Mar 15, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:43 pm

Hi All - I'm trying to decide between the Westin and the W for a stay in May.

I'm SPG Plat and was wondering what is included in the free breakfast?

Do I get everything in the buffet including all the hot options or just the breads/pastries and cold meats?

I'm also going to be using SNA asking for a room with Eiffel Tower view. What are my chances given I booked a 5 night free award for a Superior King bed room?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 5:55 am

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by fr33b13

Do I get everything in the buffet including all the hot options or just the breads/pastries and cold meats?

I'm also going to be using SNA asking for a room with Eiffel Tower view. What are my chances given I booked a 5 night free award for a Superior King bed room?
In my experience, the Westin is very good with SNA uprades. I was given a suite with a huge living room, with a view of Eiffel Tower, Tuileries, and, in the distance, Place de la Concorde on a five-night award. The suite had a normal (compact) room as a bedroom. As for breakfast, we got a card stating ‘continental’ but once in the restaurant we could pick out anything we liked. The breakfast was very complete, with lots of variety, but not really the high quality ingredients and preparation you would expect from a fine French hotel. I have no experience at all with the W, as I tend not to like that style.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by ajnaro
In my experience, the Westin is very good with SNA uprades. I was given a suite with a huge living room, with a view of Eiffel Tower, Tuileries, and, in the distance, Place de la Concorde on a five-night award. The suite had a normal (compact) room as a bedroom. As for breakfast, we got a card stating ‘continental’ but once in the restaurant we could pick out anything we liked. The breakfast was very complete, with lots of variety, but not really the high quality ingredients and preparation you would expect from a fine French hotel. I have no experience at all with the W, as I tend not to like that style.

Thanks for the reply! Is it buffet style when you say you could pick out anything you liked or did you order off a menu?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:41 pm

Thanks for the reply! Is it buffet style when you say you could pick out anything you liked or did you order off a menu?
I don't remember ordering anything off a menu. There was lots of food on the buffet. There was wait staff, but perhaps just for coffee.

The first day I entered the restaurant the man at the welcome desk read off to me something about 'continental' breakfast from the card I received at reception and handed to him. He smiled and I smiled and that was that. I just took whatever I wanted. There was no attempt at a sell-up.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:51 pm

I don't remember ordering anything off a menu. There was lots of food on the buffet. There was wait staff, but perhaps just for coffee.

The first day I entered the restaurant the man at the welcome desk read off to me something about 'continental' breakfast from the card I received at reception and handed to him. He smiled and I smiled and that was that. I just took whatever I wanted. There was no attempt at a sell-up.
Thank you! Did the room they upgraded you to have a small balcony? I'm hoping if I stay there to get a similar view.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 9:31 am

Thank you! Did the room they upgraded you to have a small balcony? I'm hoping if I stay there to get a similar view.
No balcony, but very large windows, and the view was spectacular.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:44 pm

No balcony, but very large windows, and the view was spectacular.
Thanks for all your responses and help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.