Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

FAQ: How do I book an award for someone else when I won't be present?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: How do I book an award for someone else when I won't be present?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
My apologies for not responding to this earlier. This would inform the property that "Father Tahkuct" will be staying in the room as well even though it is exactly what I would expect the reservation to be.

[email protected]
Great. Thanks
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:07 pm
JSC

Hi - having read the above, I have a variation on this question. I want to book a C&P room for my parents but can I get the hotel to charge the cash portion to my card rather than them having to settle it on checkout?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:11 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by JSC
Hi - having read the above, I have a variation on this question. I want to book a C&P room for my parents but can I get the hotel to charge the cash portion to my card rather than them having to settle it on checkout?
Only the hotel itself can tell you this. But, good luck nonetheless.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JSC
I have paid for stays for friends and family before. Contact a manager on duty at the hotel during business hours and I'm pretty confident that person will handle it for you. It will likely involve something along the lines of them sending you a form to complete, sign and send back to them with a copy of your credit card, but I've wanted to do something like this several times and was always able to get it done.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by JSC
I paid for my parents stay in Miami using my SPG card while they stayed on C&P that I booked. Just called front desk and gave them my card and told them to settle all the charges on my account. I did, however, guaranteed this reservation with the same credit card.

Last edited by TAHKUCT; Dec 29, 2009 at 7:14 pm
Old Feb 20, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Is it possible to book for someone else online? If not, can one first make a reservation and then ask for the name to be changed? Or does the entire process need to be done over the phone? In the latter case, what details would they require?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ung1
Is it possible to book for someone else online? If not, can one first make a reservation and then ask for the name to be changed? Or does the entire process need to be done over the phone? In the latter case, what details would they require?
You cannot book an award reservation online under another person's name.

You can book online, then call SPG and ask to have the other person's name added to the reservation as the person who will occupy the room.

That person shows up, show's ID and presents a credit card and they're good to go.

I've done it many times with no problem. Just to be safe, I suggest providing a copy of the reservation showing both names to the person who will be checking in. But that's just to be extra cautious.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
You cannot book an award reservation online under another person's name.

You can book online, then call SPG and ask to have the other person's name added to the reservation as the person who will occupy the room.

That person shows up, show's ID and presents a credit card and they're good to go.

I've done it many times with no problem. Just to be safe, I suggest providing a copy of the reservation showing both names to the person who will be checking in. But that's just to be extra cautious.
Thanks! And done!

Last edited by ung1; Feb 20, 2011 at 11:26 pm
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: AGR WOH
I've found that you can, in fact, change the first name on an online award reservation after booking, but not the last name. It's convenient for giving awards to family.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by paytonc
I've found that you can, in fact, change the first name on an online award reservation after booking, but not the last name. It's convenient for giving awards to family.
How does one do that?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:31 pm

I found this old thread which may be appropriate.

Can I sell an award reservation to someone I don't know and somehow change the reservation to reflect their name and have them put their card on file for incidentals?
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pickles1107
I found this old thread which may be appropriate.

Can I sell an award reservation to someone I don't know and somehow change the reservation to reflect their name and have them put their card on file for incidentals?
NO. It is against the SPG T&C to sell, buy, or barter awards and other program benefits.
Old May 4, 2014, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, AA million miler, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver
Book SPG Free Nights and Reserve Under Another Name?

I would like to use SPG points and reserve a two-night reservation for my wife. I am not traveling with her.

It is possible to use my points and book the room for her?

Thanks.

David
Old May 4, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Yes. Book the room. Then call reservations and have them add her name as the "additional guest".

Another option…..sign her up if she doesn't have an SPG membership. Then, transfer the appropriate amount of points to her account. Then have her book the room from her account. This takes time, so it's not useful if you need the nights soon. This second option is assuming that you both share the same address.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, AA million miler, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver
Great. Thanks for your help.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.