Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
PLATINUM BENEFITS (CORRECT AS OF OCT 3, 2015)

• Complimentary buffet breakfast in Prompt (4th Floor 6:30am-10:30am).
  • Complimentary selected drinks and food throughout the day according to opening hours at PSI & Podium (4th Floor 5:30pm-8pm) (max 2 persons). The menu will be provided in the bar.
  • Complimentary shoes shining services (2 pairs) or pressing for suit (2 pieces).
  • 30% discount enjoyment in our restaurants.
  • 50% discount on overnight parking.
  • 20% discount Business Service & Facilities.

SHUTTLE BUS SCHEDULE
Hotel - Hong Kong MTR Station (PICKUP @ BASEMENT L2, DROPOFF @ GROUND FLOOR
0700 - 0730
0800 - 0830
0900 - 0930
1100 - 1130
1200 - 1230
1300 - 1330
1400 - 1430
1500 - 1530
1600 - 1630
1700 - 1730
1800 - 1830
1900 - 1930
2100 - 2130
2200 - 2230
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Cyberport, Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
You could take a taxi all the way from the airport via the Aberdeen tunnel.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 9:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Impressed with response from LM Cyberport in HKG

Whoa. I made two reservations at the LM Cyberport in HKG for June today, and I just got an email from them thanking me for making a reservation; listing my plat benefits (and the fact that they only have 2 suites); and that they noticed I made two reservations for the same date (one C&P, one cash), and they wanted another guest name to add to one of the reservations

I'm impressed, actually. I've never had a hotel email me on the same day I made a reservation. Heck, I have one for the Sheraton NY this Saturday, and I still haven't heard from them
Old Feb 21, 2016, 9:51 pm

I had this from W HKG too. Though they were asking if I had made a mistake...
Old Feb 22, 2016, 5:59 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I've stayed at this property a couple of times, and I have received the e-mail even for one res. They specifically emphasise they have a limited amount of suites, and thus may not be able to upgrade to a suite.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pewpew
Whoa. I made two reservations at the LM Cyberport in HKG for June today, and I just got an email from them thanking me for making a reservation; listing my plat benefits (and the fact that they only have 2 suites); and that they noticed I made two reservations for the same date (one C&P, one cash), and they wanted another guest name to add to one of the reservations

I'm impressed, actually. I've never had a hotel email me on the same day I made a reservation. Heck, I have one for the Sheraton NY this Saturday, and I still haven't heard from them
They will also email you promptly if you book on a corporate rate and the email address does not match the corporation.
zzap likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:49 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I have done a fair bit of hotel hopping in HK, and wanted to mention some low budget transfer options for LM Cyberport to other HK Starwoods. It's surprisingly easy, although obviously not quite as convenient as hopping between adjacent hotels.

LM <--> Sheraton: The LM has a shuttle to/from HK station, leaving the hotel on the hour and HK station on the half hour. From HK station, you can walk to Central station, and take the MTR Tsuen Wan line, 2 stops to TST, then walk to the Sheraton. Total duration about 40 minutes, cost HKD 9.70. Note that there's quite a bit of walking involved.

LM <--> W: Two options, LM shuttle plus one stop on the MTR Tung Chung line (HKD 9.70), or bus 970 from Cyberport to Western Harbor Tunnel Toll Plaza (HKD 11). The former option is preferable, as the entire walk is air-conditioned. Duration about 30-35 minutes for the MTR option, 45+ minutes for the bus.

Taxi from the Sheraton to LM will run about HKD 175, and can be as quick as 25 minutes, but can also take an hour if traffic is atrocious. Never took a cab from W to LM, but would expect it to be around HKD 150.

I've done this transfer a few times this summer, and even with the 2000 point BRG bonus (and a super low BRG rate of under HKD 1000 at LM) and the targeted promo, I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle to earn about 4000 Starpoints per LM stay. I'd happily do it for 1/2 FFN, though, if that promo ever comes back.
zzap likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:48 am

Hi,

do you know, how much is breakfast buffet at this hotel for guests staying there without any meal plan? The difference between accommodation only and accommodation + breakfast is approx. 300 HKD. Does this difference reflect the charge for breakfast?

And one more question. I've noticed that they have special Sunday offer for HK and Macao residents, which not only is much lower than regular rate but also includes breakfast. Purely hypothetically, what happens if someone not from HK or Macao books a room on basis of this offer?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 7:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Was wondering whether anyone stayed here recently and how it is these days?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Was wondering whether anyone stayed here recently and how it is these days?
My last stay was in December. Not much has changed from prior reports. They have very few suites, so you'll probably end up in a higher floor room with a pretty decent view of the water. Breakfast is free (in addition to points), but it's one of the weaker breakfasts in Asia -- strange selection, sometimes cold if you show up late. Happy hour now shorter, but still decent. Pool area nice but a zoo on the weekend. The main caveat is location -- there's nothing nearby, so requires a trek to anywhere you want to go. It's not a hotel I would seek out, but the rates are hard to argue with -- I have two stays coming up with approved BRGs of under HKD700++.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
My last stay was in December. Not much has changed from prior reports. They have very few suites, so you'll probably end up in a higher floor room with a pretty decent view of the water. Breakfast is free (in addition to points), but it's one of the weaker breakfasts in Asia -- strange selection, sometimes cold if you show up late. Happy hour now shorter, but still decent. Pool area nice but a zoo on the weekend. The main caveat is location -- there's nothing nearby, so requires a trek to anywhere you want to go. It's not a hotel I would seek out, but the rates are hard to argue with -- I have two stays coming up with approved BRGs of under HKD700++.
Anything below $800 is a spectacular value here, regardless of location and breakfast. Is your rate before or after 25% off?

Yes, I believe they only have two standard suites (which gets booked more often than not), and I have never been upgraded to a suite as a Plat in about 10 stays here, yet ironically Ive been upgraded once to their suite when I was a Gold a few years ago. So yeah, dont count on getting upgraded here.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Central90210
Anything below $800 is a spectacular value here, regardless of location and breakfast. Is your rate before or after 25% off?
Had a 4-night stay here last week on a BRG of HK$680+ (after 25% BRG discount). This is probably my 15th stay here, and I still don't know how I feel about this hotel.

The rooms aren't huge, but well-appointed and fairly modern. The views of the water are amazing. Breakfast has improved a lot and is now quite decent compared to other LMs. The happy hour benefit is middling by Asian standards (basic alcohol, no mixed drinks, a plate of junk food and a small buffet). The location is odd -- you're minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong, yet it feels so remote. The hourly shuttle is a bit too infrequent for my liking, and more importantly, there are two surprising gaps (10am and 8pm -- it's nice that they let their driver have a break, but what about people heading out after a late breakfast or back to town after freshening up in the evening?). The public transport options are not great by HK standards, although minibuses 58 (to Kennedy Town MTR station) and 69X (to Causeway Bay) are frequent and usually not too crowded. Taxi rides to Central will be around HK$60-80, and obviously the low rate allows for a lot of them.

I've spent somewhere around 500 nights in HK hotels over the last decade, and all things told, I would probably put the LM ahead of the Sheraton, and certainly ahead of the Ovolo and Courtyards. My usual preference is the Hyatt Regency in TST, but as long as those HK$600-ish rates are attainable at the LM, it's very hard to pass up.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Do they have a Club Lounge? I read online something about drinks and food on the 4th or 5th floor, can someone enlighten me. Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Nottafatslob
Do they have a Club Lounge? I read online something about drinks and food on the 4th or 5th floor, can someone enlighten me. Thanks
Theres no club lounge, but Plats have access to a happy hour in the bar (described in more detail in my post directly above).
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
I see in the start of the Master Thread it states Plats get the buffet Breakfast. What is unclear is the cocktail happy hour benefits.

Jpdx said this a couple posts ago "The happy hour benefit is middling by Asian standards (basic alcohol, no mixed drinks, a plate of junk food and a small buffet)."

What is basic alcohol? Does that mean top shelf like most club lounges such as Absolute vodka, jack daniels, and other top brands or does "Basic" mean some locally made off brand spirits? Or does basic alcohol mean only beer and wine?

Second "No Mixed Drinks" ? A Jack and Coke is a mixed drink so would No cocktails be more accurate like Pina Coladas and Margaritas or is there really no mixed drinks at all? Since there is no club lounge and these drinks are served at one of the bars or restos it seems logical to assume they make them for you or is the liquor just provided in a little area like on a table to self serve?

Lastly since drink coupons or vouchers was mentioned somewhere on the internet and also words like drinks are comp'd for Plats how does that work? Do they give you some kind of pass to show the bartender? Are there ANY LIMITS on the number of drinks a person can have? This is a huge benefit to some people if they don't have to pay for 5 or 6 drinks or more.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
The happy hour is held at the bar. Basically you walk into the bar and mention Platinum happy hour, then they sit you down and give you a simple menu. You can only choose drinks from the menu available specifically for the happy hour, which is different from the regular bar menu. As I remember, "simple" and "middling" refer to the available choices. For alcohol, may be some wines, beer, a liqueur or two, and don't recall any cocktails (but may have one or two available). Food is very simple, a plate of western snacks and a plate of Chinese snacks. Drinks and food can be ordered as many times as you want. But from my experience the servers are not very proactive in providing service. You just need to flag them down every time you need something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.