Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[Closed Jan 2022] Sheraton Roma (Rome) , Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Closed Jan 2022] Sheraton Roma (Rome) , Italy [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2009, 7:52 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I am emailing from the hotel's free computer - bank of 6. Usually accessible. However, it is Oct 3 so the pool is closed. As in you are forbidden to go into it (has major algae anyway that the pool man was working on). It is 80 degrees today and would be a perfect pool day BUT it is NOT possible. Not. Everyone agrees. Really dumb rule. Pool closes Sept 30 until next summer. I think what I like in the US is the art of the possible, not the art of the impossible. There is a workout room down a staircase from the pool where you can get some small towels if you want to lay out anyway. No pool towels. Pool is closed, no towels. Not possible.

This hotel is clean, mostly. Public women's room somewhat a disgrace, not serviced in quite a while - no toilet paper, stuff all over the floor, etc. Not very Sheraton in my view. At least you are not charged for sharing a pizza or sitting in a chair in the bar as you are in many places in Italy.

I was assured by Sheraton on the phone in the US that this hotel has no king beds. It does not. Despite what Expedia and others have to say. You have to go to Golfo for a king bed.

William has the shuttles right. They are the main reason we are here as we have two days before flying out. Will save us a lot. We just came off a cruise where one of our fellow passengers had his passport lifted while taking the train from city to port. Be cautious.

You are in the middle of nowhere. We walked around and concluded that we were bounded by a freeway and on ramps. If you do not get into Rome, you end up eating here. Not cheap but not the end of the world.

There is a minibar but you are FORBIDDEN to use it to store your own drinks. It is NOT possible! I have a leftover stash of diet coke from buying it at a port stop. We got the room through Hotwire for $90 so can't complain. They must be doing something right as it is full of guests - some on tours, some with a convention.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
We liked this place and the Lounge

We liked this hotel when we stayed here for about 20 hours post cruise in August. Lounge was fine, room was upgraded, shuttle worked very well for us. We also heard "it is not possible" quite a bit in Italy (especially in Rome), but not at this hotel. This in not a hotel where you stay for the surroundings, but you stay for the convenience (easy access to the airport, not too bad to go to the city of Rome, and the rate is attractive (cash, cash and points, or just points).
Old Oct 4, 2009, 4:03 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I love the 'is not possible' in Italy. I mean, I don't like it at all, but that is part of the charm of the place...still sounds contradictory I know.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:12 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Does anybody know how much it would cost to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel? It will be 3 of us and I am not sure if we want to wait more than 1 hour for the shuttle.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 7:38 am

We paid Euro 40 from the hotel to the airport in August of 2009.

Last edited by sjuhawk_jd; Nov 3, 2009 at 7:38 am Reason: Clarification
Old Nov 3, 2009, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
There's an incentive to take the shuttle! Wow, we barely paid that much through Priceline to stay there!

Karen
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:31 am

Currently staying at the hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel, I was sent upstairs to the club lounge for check-in. I was told there was no suite available and got assigned to a regular room on the 4th floor. The hotel must have gone through renovations over the years, but our room still looks quite tired.

The club lounge on the 6th floor is average. They serve wine/sparkling wine through out the day, which I think is quite rare even in Europe. They even have sparkling wine, but no beer. They serve pizza every evening around 7pm. They have several tables outside the lounge too. I like their breakfast in the restaurant downstairs with a good variety warm vegetables.

Free internet connection with your laptop is only available at Link@Sheraton in the lobby. You will need a LAN cable. I am happy with the hotel, but I will probably choose to stay elsewhere if I want to be romantic with my partner.
Old Nov 26, 2009, 1:11 am

Sheraton Roma is on sale now for 65 euros a night. There is a thread on this here in case anybody didn't know.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 6:55 pm

Question Roma vs. Parco?

Anyone have a preference over the 2? Cash and points seems like a great deal for both in June- Roma is $66 and 4,000 *points and the Parco is $50 and 2,800 *points, so is there something I'm missing or are these great deals? We are in Rome for 1 night since we flight out at noon the following day, so we would like to be relatively close to the airport and still be able to access the city for the day beforehand. I'm not sure the high end properties are really worth it for such a short stay and I'm not sure if the train near the Westin goes to the airport anyhow. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by spellbound2
Anyone have a preference over the 2? Cash and points seems like a great deal for both in June- Roma is $66 and 4,000 *points and the Parco is $50 and 2,800 *points, so is there something I'm missing or are these great deals? We are in Rome for 1 night since we flight out at noon the following day, so we would like to be relatively close to the airport and still be able to access the city for the day beforehand. I'm not sure the high end properties are really worth it for such a short stay and I'm not sure if the train near the Westin goes to the airport anyhow. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Stay at the Sheraton Roma. The reviews for the Parco on tripadvisor are all over the place and the hotel is spread out in 4-5 buildings which are quite a distance from the lobby (with carting luggage).
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:12 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
My wife and I stayed at Sheraton Roma on the first weekend in january, so I'd like to give a few thoughts about our stay:

- got "upgraded" to SPG-floor and my request for late check out on sunday was confirmed
- we booked a superior room with breakfast. The room was pretty small (about 25 to 28 m˛) with a desk and and an additional chair.
- bed was ok, even the mattress was a little bit too soft for me
- I have no clue what was superior on this room, but at least it was pretty calm. No noise from outside, the rooms next to our or the floor
- turn down service only on request.
- one night at 8:30 pm when we were already in bed and room maid knocked at the door and came in, even when we called her to wait. We didn't put the "don't disturb" sign on, but this is unacceptable for me
- breakfast was ok as well, scambled eggs, sausages, fried vegetables and different kinds of italian cheese and cold cut
- the staff at restaurant was one of the worst I ever experienced at a hotel: a bunch of middle-aged and older guys who usually stood together in groups chatting with each other instead of taking care of the guests, used plates or the items at breakfast buffet. I'm not sure if it's italian style or just bad training/bad coaching
- shuttle service in the morning worked well and was for free due to the Travelzoo promotion rate
- unfortunately to shuttle bus goes to Via Luigi Petroselli instead of Termini tation. When you want to start your day at Circus Maximus or La Bocca di Verita this might be ok, for anything else you better drop at Magliana undergroud station and take the metro to Termini Station.
- in the evening we always took the metro to Magliana and walked back from there to the hotel. It's about 10 to 12 minutes to walk
- the location is pretty remote with no shops or restaurants nearby.

I'm not sure if we'll be back to Rome one day, but if we do we definately won't stay at Sheraton Rome again. It's not really bad but at best it was mediocre and nothing special. If you spend the whole day in Rome or you are on a business trip it might be acceptable, but for a real leisure stay it's not good enough (at least for us).

But for the Travelzoo promotion we paid it was a good value anyway
Old Apr 2, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
FYI- The Sheraton Roma just went down to category 3 from category 4.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
FYI- The Sheraton Roma just went down to category 3 from category 4.
I would say this is an appropriate move.

Cheers,
Old Jul 4, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Any news???
Old Aug 15, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: EX˛-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Exclamation

Club Lounge Closure: August 2 - 29, 2010

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.