Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: littlevoices
Hotel email: [email protected]

Latest Email: [email protected]

As of April 2024:
Resort fee inclusions / hotel details: https://ipoolside-media.s3.amazonaws...tivities_2.pdf

Elite Breakfast offering: https://www.kaimarketwaikiki.com/our-menus (look for the elite benefits)

Parking: Self-Parking $55.00 per night / Valet $65.00 per night

Print Wikipost

Sheraton Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl
No coupons for anything for me, but then again, I didn't pay the resort fee in exchange for a la carte pricing for benefits used.
margarita girl can you please elaborate? What does this mean? I'm Platinum and staying here in a week or so for a few nights. I'm not driving a car so no need for parking. I don't intend to make any calls from the hotel room. I know that internet is now included for all guests that book via SPG site as of 2/5/15. I'm curious what the a la carte items would be?

Also. IIRC, this is the hotel that gives you the bag for the gift shop, right? Is this considered the Platinum "welcome amenity"?

Thanks - mrlonghorn
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Ask nicely at check in if you can pay a la carte for the items you wil use that are covered by the resort fee. It's not a published benefit, but they may waive it for you. I've had good luck, but I'm a regular at this hotel. YMMV.

The gift bag is in addition to the 500 pt amenity.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: SPG-Gold
Disappointment in Waikiki

Still staying at the Sheraton Waikiki till Wed 03-04 but so far this trip has been a letdown after letdown.
Its not even major issues but the small things that are making a week here less than it should be.
Renovations in the rooms above us the first 3 days
Renovations in the suite next door for the next 3 days
Toilet stops working 2 days in a row
Electrical turned off in the suite in the morning and no light in the bathroom.

The renovations were loud with hammering and drilling, lots of banging on the walls and floors and they started at 7 AM every morning including Sat and Sun.

After the first day, Thursday, I went downstairs and the manager came out and told me that the work would be done in the rooms above us on Friday and that they would not be working on the weekend. None of that was true as the were still at it above us on Sat. Sun they started tearing down the suite next to us and putting it all out on the lanai next to ours. and they are still working on it today Tuesday.
Just not as relaxing as it should be.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Okay.

But, there is very healthy thread on the Sheraton Waikiki.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by clublounger
Okay.

But, there is very healthy thread on the Sheraton Waikiki.
This doesn't help the OP

OP: open a customer complaint ticket with SW customer service
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:55 pm

It would seen that either someone here notified the GM or the GM(staff) are monitoring this forum. I think someone notified the GM as I recd a call from the GM and he mentioned my post and that I was not happy with the renovation noise and he offered to waive the resort fees for my stay and that he would email me, and reqested that on my next trip I let him know via email.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:30 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
If I am staying at the Princess would I be able to go to Edge of Waikiki at sunset for a drink or three?

I currently have reservations for both the SW and Princess so trying to work out which is better.

The ocean room at the Princess is $70 per night cheaper than the SW's mountain view room. BTW I have no status.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:54 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any more info on the renovations? I assume there are no renovations going on at the Westin?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
Any more info on the renovations? I assume there are no renovations going on at the Westin?
they were working on the 26th floor and are now on the 25th floor, but that is all I know but from the sounds of it they are stripping the room and new paint and coverings
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
If I am staying at the Princess would I be able to go to Edge of Waikiki at sunset for a drink or three?

I currently have reservations for both the SW and Princess so trying to work out which is better.

The ocean room at the Princess is $70 per night cheaper than the SW's mountain view room. BTW I have no status.
you should be able to use the facilities at any of the SPG properties while staying at one, that is what we were told on check-in
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by InsUW2
they were working on the 26th floor and are now on the 25th floor, but that is all I know but from the sounds of it they are stripping the room and new paint and coverings
It's quite disturbing that the property's announcement page (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=377) makes no mention of ongoing renovations. I have a flex booking for both the Sheraton and the Westin, looks like I will be staying at the Westin.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:44 am

Just a followup for the issue, I did get the Resort fees and extra person charge removed but only after my Ambassador contacted me that she had heard of the post and my issues, and interceded on my behalf.
Never did get an email from the manager though

But the resort is very nice, although it seems to go the extra mile for the guests from Japan and Asia.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Back in Waikiki again, and splitting my time between the Sheraton and the Moana Surfrider. I used to love the Sheraton lounge for its spectacular views but now I dread it thanks to the bratty children that are running amok. (I know that this does not apply to the children of the people who post here who have great children that are better behaved than most adults.) However, other people's children need to be reined in. The running and squealing is out of control.

I'm going to suggest that this hotel needs to ban children under 16 from the lounge or at least limit the time they can be there. The problem is not as bad in the morning and I'm sure most people would rather feed their children for free so maybe children could be banned from 5 pm onwards.

For some reason, the MS lounge does not have this problem. It's an oasis of peace in the evenings. Maybe it's because the slides and kid-friendly pool attract more families with children to the SW.

My flame suit is ready.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Back in Waikiki again, and splitting my time between the Sheraton and the Moana Surfrider. I used to love the Sheraton lounge for its spectacular views but now I dread it thanks to the bratty children that are running amok. (I know that this does not apply to the children of the people who post here who have great children that are better behaved than most adults.) However, other people's children need to be reined in. The running and squealing is out of control.

I'm going to suggest that this hotel needs to ban children under 16 from the lounge or at least limit the time they can be there. The problem is not as bad in the morning and I'm sure most people would rather feed their children for free so maybe children could be banned from 5 pm onwards.

For some reason, the MS lounge does not have this problem. It's an oasis of peace in the evenings. Maybe it's because the slides and kid-friendly pool attract more families with children to the SW.

My flame suit is ready.

Here on site at the Sheraton as well MG'- as always, a very accurate assessment and I agree!

The Sheraton attracts more families with children due to the pool and various kids activities on that side. Additionally since last October they have a nightly water show of lights every 8/9P

Cheers and enjoy your stay :-)
Old Apr 12, 2015, 5:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum

My flame suit is ready.
I agree 100% time to ban rug rats!
PS we had the same problem in the morning with horrid kids grabbing food with hands and putting it BACK into the buffet! GROSS!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.