Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, China [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen, China [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 7:58 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Lulu
Was informed by the property recently that as of June 1, they will no longer provide breakfast to Platinum members. However, since I was a repeat customer, they gave me a courtesy one last breakfast for this stay.

The logic is that they recently opened the west wing and in the original plans the executive lounge would be located there. But a business decision was made to eliminate the lounge . . . so therefore, if there is no lounge, no breakfast should be provided to the platinum members.
I have been there several times since this post. The breakfast in the lounge of the new wing is really great!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: SKF, ROP, SPG, SL Golden Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriot
This hotel is not found in the hotel master list. Mod may like to note this.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: SPG
I had some stays at this hotel this year.

There is a Lounge at the West Wing.

If the Lounge is closed, can take free breakfast at the Taste at Level 3.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
The 3rd floor taste was recently renovated, didn't managed to see how it looks like yet.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Recent Plat Benefits

Stayed at 4P Shenzhen recently. Got upgraded to a suite in the west wing. The suite was very big, but bathroom amenities were horrible.

The exec lounge was closed most of the time, only opened during evening cocktails. The lounge was huge, but selection was really pathetic. There were only 2 food items: wings and sandwich; and only 6 alcoholic beverages: Tsingtao beer, a cheap red, a cheap white, gin, rum and vodka. Lounge was closed for breakfast, went to coffee shop on 3/F for breakfast buffet (free for plat).

Considering the low rates that we paid, the overall value was not too bad.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by lululee
Stayed at 4P Shenzhen recently. Got upgraded to a suite in the west wing. The suite was very big, but bathroom amenities were horrible.

The exec lounge was closed most of the time, only opened during evening cocktails. The lounge was huge, but selection was really pathetic. There were only 2 food items: wings and sandwich; and only 6 alcoholic beverages: Tsingtao beer, a cheap red, a cheap white, gin, rum and vodka. Lounge was closed for breakfast, went to coffee shop on 3/F for breakfast buffet (free for plat).

Considering the low rates that we paid, the overall value was not too bad.
Did you go to the lounge for breakfast during the weekends? I always have breakfast in the lounge and it is always open, that is except weekends and public holidays.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Yes, you're spot on. The lounge was closed for breakfast on Saturday.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:59 am

Nice large rooms and was upgraded to exec floors in the tower with a slightly complex trek within the podium connecting the two towers, one should get the hang of it after several trips and perhaps not get lost.

Bfast was decent in the lounge serving very good freshly ground coffee, if you like, grab a take away paper cup to fuel you for the rest of the morning. Selection of food was decent but quality above average, better than most other Sheraton lounges i have experienced previously in china.

Bath products were pretty good with a citrus scent, far better than the standard Sheraton standard ones you commonly get. Room was brand new, very clean and large, perhaps due to exec tower upgrade.

My room perhaps had an isolated issue with mobile phone reception, could hardly make any calls, they kept on dropping. Now gold perk in china, option of 1. Welcome drinks or 2. Internet for 24hrs or 3. Pressing 2 pieces; opted for the pressing service, very efficient, suite came back within a hour crisp and smart! Service was fantastic in all parts of the hotel with efficient front desk to polite wait staff.

Great value for money and well managed property!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by imz14u
My room perhaps had an isolated issue with mobile phone reception, could hardly make any calls, they kept on dropping. Now gold perk in china, option of 1. Welcome drinks or 2. Internet for 24hrs or 3. Pressing 2 pieces; opted for the pressing service, very efficient, suite came back within a hour crisp and smart! Service was fantastic in all parts of the hotel with efficient front desk to polite wait staff.

Great value for money and well managed property!
This is a well known problem with China mobile phones reception so near the border. Usually you will get better signal from HK carriers.
Old May 1, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Airbornecic
They are supposed to finish a huge brand new rail station next to Huang Gong sometime in late 2006. So in the future this area I’m sure will grow considerably and the 4P will be a very convenient stop by rail. Until then, it’s a tough location to easily get to. I use it as a base of operations as I spend most of my time further inland, but because of the food, clean rooms, English speaking staff, and clean water. I choose to commute 40minutes each morning and stay @ the 4P.
Has the Metro stop been completed? How far is it from the hotel?
Old May 2, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt
Originally Posted by abraxis
Has the Metro stop been completed? How far is it from the hotel?
Yup. It's about a 10 min walk. Right at the border crossing.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 11:07 am

The hotel recently added a hourly shuttle bus service to the metro station which is also the border crossing to Hong Kong. Pretty nice touch ^

Lounge closure over holidays as well, as it was shut during the National holidays, although you could still pick up sodas, cookies and coffees.

My first stay as a plat at this property, upgraded to a nice suite. Shower was seriously clogged, at the end of the shower I was ankle deep in water.......

Last edited by imz14u; Oct 12, 2011 at 12:37 pm
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: CX Gold, United Gold, BA Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I have been there several times since this post. The breakfast in the lounge of the new wing is really great!

To anyone who has been to this property recently...
The border close by is FuTian, different from LuoHu border, which is the biggest border between Shenzhen and Hong Kong. I just made a call to the border office about the landing visa application. they said FuTian border (Lok Ma CHau MTR) has no such service and I need go to LuoHu for it... Does this make sense?
I have never been to China and i don't want to screw up....
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:02 am

Hotel Review: Four Points by Sheraton Shenzhen

I booked this hotel, because it’s really close to the Lok Ma Chau border and the room rate is very reasonable. The hotel runs a promo for all weekend stays, the package includes a night stay with breakfast and dinner buffet. It is a good deal to have a weekend getaway in China.

Outlook

The hotel has a very strict rule of room upgrade for SPG gold member, which is no upgrade at all. They will only give you room with “better view”. However, I got some issue with the hotel before and they granted me a suite upgrade for one time.

Living Room

I arrived at the hotel around noon and when I was checking in I showed an email to the front desk staff. Later on, I got a room upgrade from Superior Room to Deluxe Suite! On the other hand, as an SPG gold member, I was offered to choose a welcome offer between 250 Starpoints and 1 free drink. I took the points. Woo Hoo~

The room size is very big, it fits 3 people at least. I especially like the hotel which uses wood tone to decorate their hotel, it gives me a peaceful and home-away-from-home feeling. Although the hotel has opened for couple of years, the room doesn’t show it at all. It is still sparkling clean and fresh. It is notable that bath tub available in the suite’s bathroom, while superior room doesn’t have one.

Entrance

Bathroom

The dinner buffet spread is very extensive, I particularly like their wide selection of desserts. Chocolate cake, cheese cake, opera, pudding, ice cream… you name it they have it. Plus, they provide free flow of wine and juice.

Restaurant

Dinner Buffet Spread

For more information regarding this review, please go to my website:
www.ThePointsAddiction.com

Please also LIKE/SHARE my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ThePointsAddiction

ONE Like = One Support
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:56 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
dude…..come on.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.