Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Bonaventure Los Angeles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Bonaventure Los Angeles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I usually find parking on Weekends near the hotel.
When there is not I park at the Union Station($6 a day) and take the subway or a bus.I refuse to pay the outrageous rates the downtown hotels charge.
This will not work for everyone however.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
stayed there last month. get the usual upgrade, like that. got a wine flight this time, didnt get to try it as i was running late for a holiday party. no breakfast mentioned, although it looked good in the lobby. i do like this property. the sheraton usually gives me a top floor suite, bi level

c
Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by sbrower
I told him that I appreciated knowing they did a survey, but it would still affect my consideration of that hotel, because I consider the parking charge to be a portion of the room charge (in my own calculation).
You are correct--unless one does not plan on driving, there is no reason to not consider the parking charge anything else than the room charge, and it should be displayed more prominently among other charges (like taxes).
Old Jan 14, 2008, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
I was wondering why there is a SPG checkin lane when nobody was ever attending there that I could identify the 3 days I was there?
Old Jan 14, 2008, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Just got back on Friday. place is a little tired. Non hotel guests are $47 a day for parking. guests $42 a day.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by Camino1
I drove to several lots and couldn't find any deals, but it was my first time trying. Can you give some direction?
I checked, and the lots in the immediate surrounding are $45+ a night. There are some cheaper lots further away but

1. I wouldn't leave my car in downtown LA overnight
2. I wouldn't walk around in certain parts of downtown at night

so I'd highly suggest leaving your car with valet. Think of it as part of the room rate.

but, if you really want to do it, then like bigguypasadena said, you can park your car at union station and take the subway. I think it's $10/night at the Union Station.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 7:29 am

Union Station is $6 a night.
I have had no prob's parking overnight on Figueroa just pay attention to the signs.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:39 am

Programs: none ;-)
Does anybody know how much wired/wireless internet is in this hotel?
I think it is free for Plats but what about Golds?

Thanks a lot in advance
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by archoftj

Thanks a lot in advance
I would think it's between 10-15 per night. Be warned that since so many Plats get them free, the internet speed is painfully slow.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by archoftj
As of July 2008, it was $12.95/day. If you use their wireless, you have to enter your credit card information to purchase it directly from their ISP vendor. If you use their wired connection, it can be billed to your hotel folio.

I'm Gold and was not given free internet access. But their explanation was that I was staying for a convention at the convention group rate and supposedly my SPG benefits were not valid under the convention contract. I was rather reluctantly given a pass for their Westin Unwind (wine tasting in their lounge) when I asked about it and was denied a late checkout when I requested that on my morning of departure.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:08 pm

Programs: none ;-)
Originally Posted by Tanukipop
As of July 2008, it was $12.95/day. If you use their wireless, you have to enter your credit card information to purchase it directly from their ISP vendor. If you use their wired connection, it can be billed to your hotel folio.

I'm Gold and was not given free internet access. But their explanation was that I was staying for a convention at the convention group rate and supposedly my SPG benefits were not valid under the convention contract. I was rather reluctantly given a pass for their Westin Unwind (wine tasting in their lounge) when I asked about it and was denied a late checkout when I requested that on my morning of departure.
Thatīs not really what I had hoped for but thank you very much.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 9:56 am

Free (and quite good) Plat/Gold breakfast deal ends this Saturday. Nice, while it lasted.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:13 am

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
No way. Those fools had better extend it. It was, indeed, good while ot lasted, though they did start cheating on how they made the omlettes after a while. I am there for three days next week. I'll raise hell over this!
Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:14 am

That is sad news
They might want to rethink that with the new Marriott ad RC opening next year.
The rates have creeped up significantly at this property during the past year.I used to do several weekend get aways at this property=the B'fast buffet was the clencher for choosing this property over another nearby.
Pity it will be taken away
Old Oct 27, 2008, 11:53 am

pushback,

I think my source is reliable (a "friend" on hotel staff), but if this proves wrong, let us know. I'm scheduled for about 100 days in the next 12 months. This isn't a deal-breaker for me (I'm vegetarian, so all I could have at breakfast was fruit, onions, tomatoes, dry cereal... I guess I could have had potatoes too, but didn't. The $24 bill always seemed outrageous, for what I ate.)

I'd be up for lobbying to continue some sort of continental breakfast. Staff in the restaurant was always very nice to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.