Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Bonaventure Los Angeles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Bonaventure Los Angeles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by D582
Stayed here for the first time for a couple of nights - does anyone know why this hotel does not participate in Make a Green Choice?
I'm told it's because the cleaning staff is union.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
One, on my birthday. It was so big - spread out onto two floors - it gave me the heebie jeebies. (But that's just me.) This was back when I was spending 100 nights a year in the hotel. My only upgrade beyond the standard (but still large) suites. Those standard upgrades come pretty often.
Same. I was on the "list" of high-stay individuals for the property. The suite has 2 FULL suites upstairs (that is, the standard suite for this hotel - 2 pie sections each). Then downstairs I think it is 6 or 8 "pie slices" of living room, dining room, bar and another bedroom.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by sbrower
Same. I was on the "list" of high-stay individuals for the property. The suite has 2 FULL suites upstairs (that is, the standard suite for this hotel - 2 pie sections each). Then downstairs I think it is 6 or 8 "pie slices" of living room, dining room, bar and another bedroom.
would be a little weird being in that without anyone else!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by azeckel
I'm told it's because the cleaning staff is union.
that is correct and also true for other SPG hotels that don't offer it.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
The Westin Bonaventure is great about offering suite upgrades to SPG elites. Maybe the only other hotel I've stayed at on an ongoing basis that has as consistently upgraded me is the Le Meridien Barcelona; there are many I've only stayed at a couple times that I don't have enough information to judge.

Staying here now for 3 nights, and once again have a two-room king suite. Never got the crazy two-floor one, though! It's a convenient, solid choice if you want to be downtown in L.A.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Hello everyone,

I have 2 nights upcoming at the Westin Bonaventure on a BRG, and I have a few questions:

I couldn't seem to find this searching on the thread, but what does this property offer to PLATs for the breakfast amenity? What's the welcome amenity choice for this property?

Also, I am currently confirmed into a Parlor suite. How does this stack up with the Tower & R(something) suites? From what I can tell it's..nicer? Not sure 100% though.

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by joeypore
Hello everyone,

I couldn't seem to find this searching on the thread, but what does this property offer to PLATs for the breakfast amenity? What's the welcome amenity choice for this property?
Unless recently changed, breakfast is cold buffet items (cereal, fruit, bread) in restaurant.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 10:40 am

Unless recently changed, breakfast is cold buffet items (cereal, fruit, bread) in restaurant.
Hmm... I've read different things throughout the forum here, but some people did mention getting a full buffet... but they didn't specifically mention platinum. Not sure...

Even if there's still a buy-up option for $7.50, I'll be fine with that.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
Hmm... I've read different things throughout the forum here, but some people did mention getting a full buffet... but they didn't specifically mention platinum. Not sure...

Even if there's still a buy-up option for $7.50, I'll be fine with that.
Last time I was there was March 2014 and there was the buy up option, can't remember but $7.50 sounds about it.
The Buffet was extremely good, one of the best in all the Starwood hotels that I stay in.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Valmiki
Last time I was there was March 2014 and there was the buy up option, can't remember but $7.50 sounds about it.
The Buffet was extremely good, one of the best in all the Starwood hotels that I stay in.
Wow. Pretty high remarks. Definitely looking forward to it!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 5:54 pm

Wow. Pretty high remarks. Definitely looking forward to it!

I'm no foodie, but it might be a good buffet...for a United States property.

That said, I do hope you enjoy it, "lakeside"
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
I'm no foodie, but it might be a good buffet...for a United States property.

That said, I do hope you enjoy it, "lakeside"
Probably the best for the places I visit in the USA --- which are NY, Miami and LA. If there is a Starwood hotel in these areas that has a better breakfast, please share.

In Europe last year the quality was much better at Westin Venice and Westin Berlin. In both those places there was unlimited Champagne/Prosecco as well as great buffet options --- and free for plats too, including my wife and 2 kids.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Westin Bonaventure gym review (since this is one of my top interests at hotels). Absolutely miniscule for a hotel with 1500 rooms. There are about 10 cardio machines and all were taken at 7 AM this morning.

Free weight area is crowded and really only has space for three people at a time. Everyone was on top of each other. Free weights only go up to 50 lbs.

There's a walking track around the balcony over the atrium. It's a nice touch, but it's only about 65 yards around, so 27 laps to the mile.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Yuengling
Westin Bonaventure gym review (since this is one of my top interests at hotels). Absolutely miniscule for a hotel with 1500 rooms. There are about 10 cardio machines and all were taken at 7 AM this morning.

Free weight area is crowded and really only has space for three people at a time. Everyone was on top of each other. Free weights only go up to 50 lbs.

There's a walking track around the balcony over the atrium. It's a nice touch, but it's only about 65 yards around, so 27 laps to the mile.
I share your interest in gyms and your thoughts on the Bonaventure. A couple of years ago it was even worse, with fewer machine and a poorer state of repair. (I downloaded the repair manual for some of the LifeFitness equipment and worked on the equipment in the hotel a couple of times.) The crowd in the fitness center has sharp peaks around 6:30AM - 7:00AM, with much better conditions almost any other time of day. It's kind of a blessing that the Asian guests are often down there working out when I do, at 2:00AM - spreading the crowd over more hours.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:35 pm

Can anyone tell me if both the Redondo suites and the Tower suites are next to the elevators? Thinking about spending a few SNAs here, but as a light sleeper, I do not want to be next to the elevators...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.