Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Westin Resort & Spa, Mont Tremblant, Quebec [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Le Westin Resort & Spa, Mont Tremblant, Quebec [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:32 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
At the Fairmont hotel they have set up a "nightclub" made of ice..... I will drive up over the holidays from Montreal to check it out. As for food in the Tremblant area, I feel the best food is at the Hotel Quintessence, which is right across from the Westin. They also have a bar area that serves lighter meals....
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:05 am

Just returned from a 2 night stay here. We just missed the strike and everything was working smoothly during our stay.

I think we had the same type of room as the OP, and it was very nice. Having the "kitchen" was quite convenient as we could put leftovers in the fridge and make popcorn in the microwave.

While not a ski-in/ski-out hotel, it is inside a village where cars are not allowed. Walking for a few minutes to the lifts was not a burden at all.

One tip, although I'm not sure if this was a fluke or not, is to buy the lift tickets from the front desk and not for the ticket windows. For some reason, we were not charged tax on the tickets bought from the hotel, while the lift tickets bought at the window were quite a lot more expensive because of the 72 different taxes that were added.

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again. Everything was very nice, including the village and the skiing.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 4:25 pm

The M.Leo clan -- Mrs. and the two little M.Leos -- stayed for three nights this past August. This was part of our insane 9-day, 7-Starwood property roadtrip to Ontario and Quebec. And it was the best stay of the trip.

We booked a one-bedroom suite, thinking the girls -- ages 6 and 8 -- would camp out nicely on the sofa bed. Upon check in, we were told by a very helpful guy at the front desk that, as a Plat., we would be all taken care of. And we were. Mrs. M.Leo and I got the one-bedroom, the girls got a connecting studio suite. Fantastic. Views were great.

I love this property. I have not been there in the winter, but I imagine the winter sports are great. In the summer, there is a huge amount of great outdoor adventures.

Rooms are very good size. Housekeeping is excellent. The heated salt-water pool is really nice. I can't say enough great things about this place.

One more thing: I forgot something in the car, which we valet parked. I asked the front door guy where I might find it, and he said, "Oh, it's downstairs in the garage, but they are washing it for you right now." So I go down to the garage, and sure enough, two guys are hand-washing our minivan. Now THAT is sweet.

All the best,

M.Leo

PS: The other properties on our Idea of North adventure were -- Four Points Pittsburgh North (very nicely surprised by that place); Sheraton Centre Toronto (dump comes to mind when I think of the bathroom; the hallways are where people go to die. Just an awful experience.); Westin Prince, Toronto (very nice, and splendid Plat recognition, great food and enormously helpful staff); Westin Ottawa (nice staff, love the views of Parliament Hill. Food is good, too.); W Montreal (very nice, great food, nice staff except for too-cool-for-school model/drone at front desk who refused any kind of customer care, leading me to call the Plat conciege for help for the first time.); and, finally, the Sheraton Parsippany, NJ, which I now rank as the worst Starwood property on earth. Honest.)
Old Aug 14, 2006, 6:48 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AirCan Prestige
Westin Mt. Tremblant, Quebec, Trip Report

We spent a night and two days at the Westin Tremblant. Very nice property, with outdoor pool, large outdoor hot-tub, and fireplaces in every (?) room.

Parking is not free; valet parking is $10 for 24 hours.

The restaurant on the first floor serves Japanese-French food. Nice modern place, with a good variety of sushi. There is a nice french bakery right near the hotel, where you can pick up morning coffees and pastries. If you want the full deal, the hotel offers a hot breakfast buffet in the lobby bar.

I was told that this property only upgrades platinums. But, as a gold, we got upgraded to a Deluxe King (from a Standard Queen). This gave us a small balcony (2 chairs), pull-out sofa, and small dining room table. The rooms have kitchenettes (bar fridge, toaster, microwave, cutlery, etc.) Our fridge was very noisy. We finally just turned it off (using the switch on the inside) so as to kill the noise. Room was great. Very sizable (450 sq feet). Bathroom had the dual shower head/ large tub.

Front desk gave us 2 free passes for the cable car at check-in, so we went up to the summit and took the "360 degrees" hike. It is labelled as an easy 45-60 minute trail. It was fun, but perhaps a bit more "moderate" than "easy". we are young and reasonably fit, but I could imagine that for some folks this hike is a bit more than advertised. There are definitely some rocky inclines & declines. Nothing crazy, but it is a bit of a work-out, rather than a stroll.

Happy to field any questions if anyone is thinking about visiting this property for the first time - although I have only the one visit under my belt.

We are based in Ottawa, and it was a drive of about 2.5 hours, with much of it on single-lane winding roads. The trip from Montreal is presumably shorter. We passed through Montebello, and had considered staying at the Fairmont Chateau Montebello. Glad we opted for Tremblant, as the Chateau Montebello seemed like a zoo when we stopped in for a peek. Overrun with people and a huge queue for the hotel restaurant (presumably they have a monopoly in the immediate neighbourhood
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:20 pm

Any idea whether all suites are one bedroom or are there two bedroom suites as well?

Thinking about spending extra 10,000 points/ night for suite, but wanted to know what it would mean?
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:24 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by zeikka
Any idea whether all suites are one bedroom or are there two bedroom suites as well?

Thinking about spending extra 10,000 points/ night for suite, but wanted to know what it would mean?
One bedroom using Starpoints. The two-bedroom suites are not on the suite award rate plan.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Aug 8, 2009, 12:28 pm

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I searched without success.

I was just making a reservation through spg using points and was told the cancellation policy was 30 days. When I questioned this the SPG agent checked with someone and was told the resorts can make up any kind of reservation policy they want to.

Also, a regular room is 12,000 points and a one br suite is 24,000 points. I was told by the hotel (not SPG) that I could book a regular room with points and then upgrade to a suite upon arrival for either $35 cash or pay the $35 with points valued at $1=75 points for a total of 2,625 points, much cheaper than what a suite would cost pointways if booked at time of making the reservation.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 3:24 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, USAir CP
Thumbs down Great location, terrible service

After reading the good reviews here, I was excited to visit this hotel. Sadly, I had a very different experience than the prior posters, and would have to say that I would not recommend staying at the Westin Mont Tremblant.

The location of the property is great, and I could see how it would be a convenient place to stay during ski season. We spent five days there earlier this month, though, and it was very disappointing.

We arrived on Sunday at 4:20, having called the Platinum concierge (the reservation was under my husband's name/account, and he is Platinum - I'm just Gold) to make sure that a 4PM arrival was noted in the reservation. We waited in a line to check in, and the front desk staff informed us that the room was not ready, so we should sit in the lobby for 30 minutes and then come wait in line to check in again. I said "oh, I thought the reservation noted that we were arriving at 4", and she said "yes, I see that's here, and a 4PM check-in is guaranteed, but you know we're a resort, so we're very busy. Lots of people checked out today, so you'll just have to wait in the lobby and come back to the line again later." She was clear that she knew the policy was that we could check in at 4, but seemed to think it was our problem and we should understand because it was a resort.

Not loving the "sit in the lobby for 30 minutes and then wait in line again" plan, we waited until we saw the front desk manager come out and approached him. He apologized and offered to buy us a soda in the bar while we waited for the room to be ready. We chatted about how we were looking forward to getting into the room and taking a shower after the long trip.

We finally got up to the room, I go to take a shower, and there are random hairs in the bathroom and no bath towels, just two hand towels. I call downstairs and happen to get the same front desk manager. I explain that there are no towels (I didn't even bother complaining about the hairs), and he acts surprised, asking me a bunch of times if I'm sure there are no towels. Finally, he agrees to send some up. 15 minutes later, someone arrives with 2 towels and checks and agrees that there were indeed no towels in the bathroom.

We notice that the room is warm, but turn the air conditioning down all the way before going out to dinner. When we return several hours later, after the thermostat has been set on the lowest setting (50 F), the room was still quite warm. We waited a some more time and then called downstairs. They sent a technician up, who looked at it and said it was working fine. We pointed out that it was clearly not 50 F, and he told us that we must've had the balcony door open for the past few hours (we had been out of the room with the door closed and the curtains drawn). We called back downstairs again to see if there was another room we could move to, and were told that it was not possible. We asked if anything else could be done about the air conditioner and was told that this wasn't possible either. It was very much a "too bad for you, deal with it" type attitude.

These were all things that happened on the first evening - the rest of the stay continued in this theme. It never got really cool in the room (we had the thermostat on 50 F for the whole time and it was maybe around 75 F in there - not boiling hot but not like you want a nice air-conditioned hotel room to be. The housekeeping continued to be poor, we never saw anyone at the concierge desk (and it's billed as a resort), etc.

We actually ended up leaving a night early because of all of the issues we had over the course of the stay. We had already paid in advance for everything using points and a free weekend night, so we were fine just forfeiting it (after reading all the cancellation for free weekend night threads pre-vacation, we made sure we wouldn't be charged first!).

Overall, probably the worst service I've ever had at a Starwood property. This is really a hotel in a good location, not a resort at all. The kicker is that I even called the GM, Michel Tremblay, twice - once during the stay and once after - and never got a return call. The hotel seemed busy so maybe they were not concerned about indifferent service, but it really was just very disappointing the way all sorts of things kept going wrong and being met with the attitude of "not my problem".

I'm sorry to not have better news to report, but hopefully this will help other folks avoid similarly disappointing stays!
Old Sep 14, 2009, 8:00 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Good Experience- Late Summer stay

Sorry to hear about the previous poster's troubles, but I just stayed at this property over the weekend and it was very good.

Check-in was realtively easy, though i had a disagreement with the check-in agent over what a Platinum member was entitled to with regards to upgrades. I had 2 reservations- one for Friday night and one for Saturday night- both on 'Free Weekend nights". He checked me in for the first night and I was upgraded to a 2-room suite (1 room with 2 queens and 1 room with sofa and dining table). I mentioned to him about the 2nd night and he said that I would have to pay a $35 fee to stay in the same room. I politely declined the fee and asked if he is realy going to make me move rooms after one night. He explained that as a Platinum memeber, I am entitled to a 1-level upgrade only. And I said no- I am entitled to the best available room (including standard suites) at check-in (in fact it was written right on the Platinum key holder he gave me). So he was trying to say since I booked the lowest room (that was what I could book with the free weekend), that I was only entitled to a 1-level-upgrade (maybe the rules are different with resorts??). (Btw, I also know that many hotels have few or no 'standard' suites) Anyways, after several minutes of discussion in the back room, he returned with a Manager to inform me that they have upgraded me to the suite for the entire stay.

That was the only issue.

I really appreciated getting the suite upgrade. The room was nice and spacious, with a balcony looking over the pool and with a lake-view- very nice. The kitchenette had a small fridge, dishwasher, microwave and 2 burners, as well as pots and pans and dishes. There was also a gas fireplace in the main living room area.

The pool and hottub areas look a little tired and in need of some repair and paint. The pool area is small and a little crowded, but my kids enjoyed these areas all the same.

The bar just off the lobby has some good deals on certain drinks from 5-7 daily.

The staff throughout the hotel was friendly and helpful for our stay.

At check-in, the hotel gave me free passes for me and my family for unlimited rides on the Gondola for the duration of our stay, as well as a free round of mini-golf. This was a nice treat and a great benefit!

There was no free wireless, but there is a computer with internet access just off the lobby that you can use for free.

The hotel is in great location...just steps from the shops and restaurants at the pedestrian village. The is a grocery store very close in the pedestrian village to buy bread, milk etc.

Oh yeah, if you are there in the spring, summer or fall, try the luge- it is a blast!

All-in-all it was a positive experience. I would stay here again. Though I agree with an earlier poster that said they are not sure why this is called a 'Resort'. I am not sure of the Starwood criteria which allows a property to be considered a resort, but this seemed like a nice hotel to me.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:56 am

tremblant---breakfast for plats? benefits?

heading to the westin mont tremblant this weekend. wondering if anyone has experience with scoring free breakfast as a platinum? any other benefits you might have gotten?

thnx
r
Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Upgrade to Jr. Suite when available...plus they used to give...

...tix for a gondola ride to the top of the mountain...but I think thats only in summer.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:56 am

breakfast?

Originally Posted by HomerJ
...tix for a gondola ride to the top of the mountain...but I think thats only in summer.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,DL,CO,AMEX
All my stays in the summer....Occasional upgrade but no breakfast, beyond the SPG Plat welcome amenity. Occupancy higher in the winter so upgrade may be hit or miss.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: US Air, AA, starwood gold, hilton gold, priority club
Lovely place

Just completed a lovely stay here --free due to the recent three night, one resort-night-free promotion. Only stayed one night. The hotel is in a wonderful location and as Gold, I was offered a jr. suite, which has a balcony and fireplace and eating area and sitting area, etc. Very pretty. Bathtub very large. It is located directly in the village so there is lots to do.

This is a particularly good place for families with young kids in summer. Lots of outdoor stuff to do--and they gave a coupon for a free ride on the gondola up to the top of the mountain and a ticket to get into the lake area. Lots of resaturants and shops. The place was pretty empty, but it is just the start of summer season. There is free internet in the lobby with two wired computers and a printer. Parking underneath was at a special rate during the week of $10 a day--otherwise it is just $15 to valet it and have in and out privledges. The spa here is rather expensive, but probably not a lot different in price than most resort spas. I didn't use it. I also had a late check-out which enabled me to utilize the stay to the best.

It was an easy 90 min or so drive from Montreal.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Last report was 04, any recent experiences here?

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jul 12, 2011 at 4:51 pm Reason: Merged into master thread with recent experiences

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.