Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Westin Resort & Spa, Mont Tremblant, Quebec [Master Thread]

Le Westin Resort & Spa, Mont Tremblant, Quebec [Master Thread]

Old Sep 1, 2000, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Report on the new Westin Tremblant Resort

This new Westin just opened about 2 weeks ago and is located 90 min north of Montreal. It is located close to the other hotels, shops and restaurant (just downhill from the Chateau Tremblant).

I spend my last free Friday/Saturday nights there during the last weekend. My experience was not so good mainly because the hotel is open but a lot of things are not ready yet.

Generally speaking the hotel is very nice blending very well with other Intrawest buildings around it. Rooms are great, about 75 suites and 125 reg rooms (great upgrade possibility)

There is a fireplace (natural gas) in every room, balconies in most suites and very nice maplewood furniture. Interior colors are rich (blue, gold, red) Very cozy and confortable (Heavenly bed of course...)

When I came there late on Friday night, their computer system was down and they took some time to find my reservation. They had a very little knowledge of what was SPG and a platimum member. They didn't took care of upgrading me so I got the smallest room available. The hotel was already full when I arrived so no possibility to make change on site :-( I had called the Platimum desk 2 days before to make sure that I could get a King bed + upgrade . The note was well send but nobody took the time to read it.

Swimming pool area was not ready yet and it was the case also for the last 3 floors of the hotel. The restaurant was serving buffet only for breakfast, lunch and dinner (good food), no bar yet and no alcool permit so we drank water....

A Japanese restaurant will open within a month.

When checking out it was worst, they had lost my credit card imprint and I was charged full price for my room. So it took a while to sort this out... Staff was polite and friendly, training was probably done a bit too fast.

For those interested to stay there I would recommend a 1 month wait until everything will be completed. At this point I think it will make the Resort Tremblant a very enjoyable place to stay. Hope that on my next stay things will get better.
Old Nov 6, 2001, 7:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Le Westin Tremblant

Anyone? Comments? There was one review in archives from when it first opened.

How's the skiing there for beginnners/intermediates? Is this property ski-in/ski-out? If not, how far from the lifts/slope? How's the property? Service? Upgrades? The ski town? Looks like a nice place.

What's the best way to get there from Montreal? Train? SHuttle? How much does it cost?

Thanks in advance...
Old Nov 7, 2001, 3:34 am

My French is getting rusty but does this mean "The Trembling Westin"?

:-)

An interesting idea.

Stephen
Old Nov 7, 2001, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ski? You come to the right place - one of the very best place in North-America. By the way, I hope you don't plan to ski in the hotel, you can't do that!

The lifts are of walking distance to the hotel. The hotel is kind like at the bottom of the slope, you have to walk up for about 5 minutes to get to the lifts. By the way, I said walk up but it's not like climing Mount Everest, plain easy walking.

This property is a franchise with Starwood. Nevertheless, it looked better than some category 3 hotels that I have been too. The hotel industry in Quebec has always had a high quality standard. This one is no exception. The overall deco of the hotel is quite luxurious and beautiful. I say it's more like a category 4 hotel than 3.

Service? Excellent, very friendly and consistent staff who are there to make your happy and would listen very carefully to your personal requests. Compared to most hotels in the U.S., you'll notice a big difference in attitude - much friendlier. They are all bilingual -English/French so if you don't speak French, you'll have no problem. Visiting the concierge is a must!

Upgrades? If you are Gold, you are out of luck as they will only try to give you a better view than your reserved room (= minimum of SPG requirement). If you are Platinum, they will upgrade you if available. In case you don't know, this is one of the most on demand property out there. Reservations required a deposit that is 25% non-refundable up to one month in advance or 100% non-refundable within one month of arrival! Still, this resort is very often sold out even months in advance! By the way, I was upgraded to a Suite last time there - a very beautiful suite, not huge but separate living room and bedroom + kitchenette (everything is there, you don't need to bring anything else), balcony, fireplace, comfortable bathroom. Frankly, I like it better than the Suite I get at Manele Bay Hotel in Lana'i, HI although the latter is supposedly a categ. 5 hotel.

You are right at the ski town or the Tremblant town. There's lots of things to do and shows happen all the time. Excellent restaurants, boutique and etc. It's a very nice place.

Getting around? From Dorval airport, I think there is scheduled shuttle between the airport and Tremblant. I think the same is also true from downtown Montreal though you have to pass by Dorval I think. I drive, that's the best way and it's easy to get there. It's almost a straight line and then you make like one turn before you reach Tremblant, very easy. Parking (valet) was $7 a day.
Old Nov 7, 2001, 9:08 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Very difficult to book between Xmas and New Year. I have tried and have no choice but to try a different resort. Try temblant.com or tremblant.ca
Old Jan 5, 2003, 12:26 am

Mont Tremblant, Quebec for winter holiday

Has anyone stayed here during the winter? We are thinking of spending a couple days in Montreal and going up to Westin Mont Tremblant for skiing and snowboarding. How are the rooms and service? Is it a "cute" village setting like Whistler? Any input would be greatly appreciated! :-)
Old Jan 5, 2003, 12:24 pm

It's a very nice property, many different types of rooms/sizes. I have been for the last 4 years in the summer for golf trips. Tremblant is recommended while in the Montreal area. you will surely have a pleasant trip. It is a village setting with shops , eating and bars.
Old Jan 5, 2003, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA *Gold, Marriott PLT, Hyatt mid-tier whose stupid name I cannot ever recall
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by seiko:
It's a very nice property, many different types of rooms/sizes. I have been for the last 4 years in the summer for golf trips. Tremblant is recommended while in the Montreal area. you will surely have a pleasant trip. It is a village setting with shops , eating and bars.</font>
The only downside for skiing(IMO) is the 10 min hike thru the village from the storage room to the lift. Truthfully, it is no further than if you got the last spot in a large parking lot at any large resort, but if you will be carrying equipment for &gt; one person(ie kids), you may want to consider this.
Otherwise, as mentioned above, it is a very nice property. If you want to use spa facilities like massages, though, you will have to go over to the Fairmont.
Have fun, and get out to the slopes early, especially on a weekend, when high usage will scrape the snow and leave you with ice in the afternoon.
Old May 19, 2003, 4:19 pm

Westin Tremblant

Did a search on this hotel and didn't see anything recent or any comments from people who have been to the hotel over the summer.

I'm looking at going over Labor Day weekend, but hesistant b/c...
(1) Starwood Platinum Concierge 888# (my concierge is off Mon/Tues) has no information about the hotel other than what's on the website--ie no information about closest airport, weather, etc.
(2) The hotel (which I called to get the airport and weather info) has no idea what the Starwood program is which suggests that a Platinum upgrade or any Platinum recognition is unlikely...
(3) The hotel is fairly expensive with the cheapest rates being about C$275 ($200 US) and taxes of an additional 20%.

So, has anyone been up there over the summer? Thoughts and comments would be appreciated.
Old May 19, 2003, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did plan to go back recently but the plan never worked out so I am commenting based on past experience which is not so recent:

The closest commercial major airport is Montreal: YUL Mont-Tremblant is bit further north of Montreal. If you drive from the airport, it should take you no more than an hour assuming no traffic.

Weather wise, this year is very bizarre. It almost looks as though the Spring doesn't want to come. Usually by now, all the trees should be green and flowers everywhere but it feels like the end of March - you can barely seen any green stuff. Now today, the weather is hot, 35 degree celsius or more like the 90s F for Americans. If you plan to come now, you might just catch the belated Spring and it will be just be the most beautiful time of the year. If you have other questions, just ask.

This hotel does reward SPG Platinum members, I know that. Golds will only get you preferred views but Platinums will be entitled to Suites if available. I think there might be a communication problem but unless they have changed all the staff and etc., the service standard of this hotel is very good. This property is not owned by Starwood but I can say based on my experience, they treat Platinums very well.

Not only this hotel is expensive, sometimes even if you want to pay, you might not get rooms at all. This hotel gets booked up very quickly. It has very strict cancellation policies and deposit policies. Your best bet would be to try the 50% off Rack Rate if it's available.

Rooms wise, this is a beautiful resort, very well furnished, luxurious and fully equipped. I think it's easily one of the best mountain resorts in North America.
Old May 20, 2003, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
The distance from Dorval airport to Mont-Tremblant is close to 140km and you should consider a good 90 minutes to do the drive.
The Westin is a very good hotel. They are not consistent with upgrade and at you better check early (or call in advance) to increase the chance to get an upgrade. On two occasions they did not manage to do it on arrival and I had to ask.

They actually do very well considering the hotel is on a quite small portion of land. Beautiful rooms. It is true that this hotel is sold out on a regular basis and can be expensive sometimes. reserve in advance would be my recommendation.

If you don't want to drive there is a shuttle bus service available betweeen the airport and the resort. The hotel can provide you with details.

[This message has been edited by 767300ER (edited 05-20-2003).]
Old Aug 13, 2003, 10:53 am

Le Westin Resort, Tremblant

I booked an award stay for December at Tremblant. My reservation indicates " traditionnal Hotel room ". Has anyone stayed at this property on an award? Is an upgrade based on Gold status a possibility? I am curious as to what to expect.
Old Aug 13, 2003, 1:13 pm

the property is nice. i stay thetr every summer for 2 weeks and have either booked or been upgraded to every single type of different room. i would not expect an upgrade as a gold in december. have a great trip
Old Dec 24, 2003, 7:28 pm

Just returned from Westin Tremblant. We upgraded to a suite for only 1500 extra points a night (11,500 vs. 10,000). Room was very nice, ant the staff was fantastic. Great attitude, and the concierge Sean was most helpful. I thought the village was charming, My children ( ages 6 and 9) had only skied once before, and after two days of ski school went to the top of the mountain. The ski school was the best. I definitely will be going back to Tremblant, and the Westin.

Old Dec 29, 2003, 8:24 am

how was the snow?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.