Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton San Diego, Mission Valley [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton San Diego, Mission Valley [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 7:48 pm

Will be at this hotel for one night on Saturday Night. Is it ok for me to park on the streets or it will be very difficult to find?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 8:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by anchor79
Will be at this hotel for one night on Saturday Night. Is it ok for me to park on the streets or it will be very difficult to find?
There is one street and it's a busy freeway frontage road. I don't know if you can park out there, but even if you can, I wouldn't do it.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
You don't want to park on the street there. The lot is straight forward, and that road is pretty busy without a reasonable space to park.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Obviously things have changed since I was there last year. They had a shuttle to the airport for $12 and no charge for parking. Yikes! I was upgraded to a suite, but these changes are not too good.

Last edited by dgordon; Jul 16, 2009 at 10:52 pm
Old Jul 17, 2009, 12:28 am

Programs: BA GLD
I stay there every other month and have parked on the street in front of the hotel since they started nickel and diming me for parking in the lot. Never had difficulty finding a spot.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Originally Posted by sftrvlr
I stay there every other month and have parked on the street in front of the hotel since they started nickel and diming me for parking in the lot. Never had difficulty finding a spot.
I agree with the above.
This hotel has no business charging for parking when the lot is unmanned/uncovered and no safer than the abundant(on weekends at least) street parking.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, AS MVPG 75K, SPG LTP (BONVOYED), Hyatt Diamond aka WoH Glob, HH Diamond
Checked in today, very disappointed.

The person handled check-in knows nothing, he is a bell captain!!! Upgrade? no. Platinum amenity? I don't know what we have, but you can pick up 2 beers from the little convenient store across the hall.

Parking is $14 now, the lot is unmanned, the charge is nothing but an extortion.

The room is at club floor, very plain, nothing special to say.

The biggest disappointment? Club is closed from Friday evening to Sunday morning. You can get in with the key, a few soft drinks left in the fridge, no water left, maybe they have some earlier.

Get down to the front desk, the guy said go to the restaurant for breakfast tomorrow, no voucher needed, just tell them "I'm Platinum", I'm like what???

I'm glad it's only one night. Not sure if I will keep the reservation for next.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, AS MVPG 75K, SPG LTP (BONVOYED), Hyatt Diamond aka WoH Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by happydsa
Get down to the front desk, the guy said go to the restaurant for breakfast tomorrow, no voucher needed, just tell them "I'm Platinum", I'm like what???
update: Had breakfast at the restaurant, continental breakfast buffet offers only carbs, not even eggs. Drinks charged separately, with 3 bucks orange juice and 2.5 coffee, the continental breakfast will cost the hotel 16.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
so i have a res for June here that I am contemplating changing. I have 2 rooms for 5 nights. I am looking for info on lounge on the weekend. Any updates?
Old Jan 17, 2010, 7:37 pm
STM

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by etsmyers
so i have a res for June here that I am contemplating changing. I have 2 rooms for 5 nights. I am looking for info on lounge on the weekend. Any updates?
Change it, if you can. I stayed here only once---and won't do it again. Clueless (pleasant, but clueless, nevertheless) front desk staff, sketchy rooms (if you don't get a suite) and a poor freeway / mall location. Now that they charge for parking in an open, unguarded lot, it's even worse of a deal. I'd stay away---there are much better options in San Diego that can be had for similar rates.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX Founding Member; HH/Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum; National Exec Elite, Hertz 5* Gold
I have stayed at this property twice. I have never paid for parking - the gate is always raised. Each time that I checked in I was presented with a platinum gift bag and form letter from the manager. The goodie bag has 2 snack items, na apple, a bottled water and some colored tissue paper. My first stay was on the North (freeway) side of the property. I found the room to be dark and depressing and it was very noisy. I was on the club level. The club has light snacks and drinks at night - never checked out the breakfast.

When I stayed a few weeks ago I asked for a room on the backside of the hotel. The room had a nice balcony with a little seating area. The bed is not comfortable, it feels really really cheap. At check-in the gentleman could not pronounce my last time. He tried 4 times and could not get it right. It is Mercer - what is difficult about this? He then proceeded to announce my hotel room # to the entire lobby. It is not appropriate for them to say the room number out loud. They can tell you the floor number and point to the room number in the key jacket. They should never say it out loud - safety issue. I think some re-training is needed with this particular associate, I was not amused.

I did eat in the restaurant and thought it was fine. The lobby is renovated and very nice and welcoming. I am not overwhelmed by this property and prefer the Westin's downtown but the rate here is quite good and it is conveniently located IMO. I'll come back if corporate travel makes me, otherwise I am choosing another property.
Old May 7, 2010, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by dgordon
The bathroom was large - had two queen size beds,
That is a large bathroom. Novel idea to have beds in the bathroom, roll out of bed and into the tub.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plat/Hyatt Plat/DL/AmexPlat/CO
We stayed at the Sheraton Mission Valley last night for a mattress run. Parking is plentiful and there is no charge. As a plat we were upgraded to the Club Floor (12) to a suite. Furniture was sparse - and the only bathroom was in the living room by the front door - not convenient at all. We had a north facing room (towards I-8) and it is VERY noisy - must be single pane glass. I would definitely ask for a south facing room away from the freeway next time.

The Club room was supposed to open at 4:30 - but when we arrived at 4:45 there was no staff there, dirty dishes everywhere and no appetizers. We left so do not know if they were just running late or not.

Lobby staff were pleasant and efficient. We did not try out the restaurant or any of the other facilities.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
Just stayed last night. Free parking for Gold and Platinum. As of April 1, 2011, the lounge is open 7 days a week. Now, thats not saying much. Dinner was strips of chicken. Pepsi/water was free. Breakfast was standard fare with nothing special. Nothing special, but wouldn't rule out a future stay......
Old Apr 19, 2011, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
Stayed there again in December. At that point there was no free parking for gold but I parked on the street right in front of the hotel - 4 nights and I always found a free spot. Perhaps they received complaints about charging for parking?????? I thought it was a very nice hotel. We were able to go to the lounge for breakfast (during the week) and go in anytime for water. The fee for internet was waived because of being gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.