Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Woodsmit
Late Checkout Policy

Late Checkouts are subject to availability. Please note the following fees:

Between 11am and 12pm: Complimentary
Between 12pm and 2pm: 40 USD + tax
Between 2pm and 4pm: 99 USD + tax
After 4pm: One night room rate, tax and Resort Fee

Resort Fee

The resort has a mandatory 25 USD per day Resort Fee plus taxes. The Resort Fee covers in-room High Speed Internet Access, 2 bottles of water daily, unlimited access to full-service health club, unlimited domestic long distance (US mainland) and local calls, tennis equipment and access to the lighted courts, seasonal pool access and recreational activities. The Resort Fee was waived for SPG Platinums for reservations made prior to December 6th 2016, but the Resort Fee will be applied to subsequent SPG Platinum guest reservations at a slightly reduced rate of $20 per day.
Print Wikipost

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TMM1982
For the SPG Gold members, were you given a 4pm checkout? Was told its not guaranteed but dependent upon hotel availability. 4pm checkout would really help me out and I had them put a notice on reservation.
It doesn't matter what your status is since this is a resort property. It will always be based on availability. Look at the wiki section at the top of this thread.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Has anyone able to book Disney tix to the room. So we can use our Barclay to credit back? And would most hotel do this?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tdrag97
Has anyone able to book Disney tix to the room. So we can use our Barclay to credit back? And would most hotel do this?
You cannot buy tickets from the hotel and apply the charge to your room. There are kiosks in the hotel where you can buy disney tickets but those are separate from the hotel. Buy your disney tickets through undercovertourist.com and you can redeem your barclay miles towards the expense. It is well documented online that undercovertourist.com expenses are redeemable with barclay miles.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by tdrag97
Originally Posted by benosufan
You cannot buy tickets from the hotel and apply the charge to your room. There are kiosks in the hotel where you can buy disney tickets but those are separate from the hotel. Buy your disney tickets through undercovertourist.com and you can redeem your barclay miles towards the expense. It is well documented online that undercovertourist.com expenses are redeemable with barclay miles.
Another option - looks like AMEX has a credit offer for $30 credit on a $150 purchase on Undercover Tourist, valid until 12/31/15. This was on my SPG cards (Per & Biz), but not on my Hilton cards. I haven't used it yet myself, but hope to buy single tickets for a family of 4 (4 cards - 1 purchase per card).
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:56 pm

Is the resort fee waived for platinum members?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:07 pm

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Another option - looks like AMEX has a credit offer for $30 credit on a $150 purchase on Undercover Tourist, valid until 12/31/15. This was on my SPG cards (Per & Biz), but not on my Hilton cards. I haven't used it yet myself, but hope to buy single tickets for a family of 4 (4 cards - 1 purchase per card).
Great thx guys. I believe undercover tourist also can get cash back website also. Double dip?

Also still wondering if Swan is worth the spending of 10k/nightt plus resort fees.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Originally Posted by chennaibug
Is the resort fee waived for platinum members?
My most recent stay was in May and the resort fee was waived for platinum members at that time.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: Alaska, Shell VC, Wyndham VC, Starwood, RCI, II--I bought it on eBay!
Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
That's a great tip. I hadn't looked at my most recent offers. Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: SPG
I've got a rewards stay planned for the Swan next year and I'm wondering if there is much of a benefit to getting SPG Gold Status. I'm currently Preferred Guest Plus, which seems to be barely advertised, for having the SPG Amex card. I'm thinking about getting the Amex Platinum Business card which would give me SPG Gold.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by ImprovGal
My most recent stay was in May and the resort fee was waived for platinum members at that time.
Waived for me about a week ago. Another great stay. A week in an alcove room with free breakfast. Was told they wrapped up all Swan renovations in late Sept.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:53 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Resort fee waived, BUT parking @ $18/day was not.
Please remember that, although the Swan/Dolphin is on Disney property, they are actually owned by Tishman Realty and Met Life.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Vulcan
Please remember that, although the Swan/Dolphin is on Disney property, they are actually owned by Tishman Realty and Met Life.
I don't get your point.

Cheers,
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Waived for me about a week ago. Another great stay. A week in an alcove room with free breakfast. Was told they wrapped up all Swan renovations in late Sept.
Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Resort fee waived, BUT parking @ $18/day was not.
Originally Posted by Flews
I don't get your point.

Cheers,
Perhaps a $10/night discount if you can correctly answer the ownership question on the check-in quiz???
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:38 pm

Best hotel

Hi I would like to know which is the best spg hotel in Orlando

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.