Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia 2006 on [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
SPG INSTANT AWARDS

Hotel Services
750 – 60 minute cycling tour for 2 people or day rental of dream bed for day
1500 – one way Innova transfer
2250 – Afternoon tea for 2 or 60 minutes tennis package
3000 - Room upgrade to Terrace Garden Room
4500 – Room upgrade to Terrace Pool Room
3750 - $60 resort credit for F&B/laundry
7500 - $120 resort credit for F&B/laundry

Destination Experience
9000 – VIP Devdan show (per person)
9375 – 8 hours Bali Tour for 3

F&B
1500 - buffet breakfast
2250 - buffet breakfast for 2
2250 - Sunday brunch at Prego
2625 - Legong Dinner Show
3000 - Japanese Dinner
3375 - Seafood BBQ

Spa
3000 – Express Mani or Pedi
4500 – Westin Kids Spa – Mommy and Me
5625 - 90 minute Tradition, Sacred Stone or Aspire massage

Seclusion Day Information: March 9, 2016

Nyepi, known as the “Day of Silence,” marks the celebration of the Balinese New Year in the Hindu Lunar calendar. A spectacular procedure of ceremonies, parades of great bamboo monsters, and fireworks occur on the Eve of Nyepi, followed by a day of total silence and seclusion. The community strongly believes that if the island is silent and dark, the bad spirits will leave and the new year will start in peace. During Nyepi, from 6am until 6am the next day, the island stops. Nobody is allowed in the streets, lights are turned off, and the international airport is closed.

Nyepi will fall on Wednesday, March 9, in 2016. Please note that check-in and checkout will not be possible on Nyepi Day, and Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) will be closed. Some of the resort facilities will operate as usual; however, there will be no transportation services to and from the resort. All television channels will be switched to in-house movies due to broadcast silence. Lights will be dimmed inside and there will be no outdoor lighting. Our pools, garden areas, and some restaurants will still be accessible, except for the beach.

We kindly invite you to respect this sacred day and observe these restrictions. Normal activity in Bali will resume at 6am on Thursday, March 10, in 2016.

Hamabe Japanese Restaurant Closed: August 31 - December 1

From August 31 to December 1, 2015, Hamabe Japanese Restaurant is closed for refurbishment. During this time, guests are able to enjoy a selection of Japanese cuisine from both in-room dining as well as our Japanese Flair Theme Dinner at the beachfront garden on Monday and Friday nights. Please contact the resort for further information.
Print Wikipost

The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia 2006 on [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2007, 7:22 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Based on cxn's current experience (suite upgrade as a Plat), and what others have said about spending the money (and SPG50 coupon) for the first night in a RBC room, the natural question that follow is, as a Plat who pays for a room in the highly touted RBC wing, will you be upgraded to a RBC suite ??

Has anyone had this happen to them ? If not, it may be better to settle for the Plat Suite upgrade with free breakfast & happy hour.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:57 am
cxn

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
Based on cxn's current experience (suite upgrade as a Plat), and what others have said about spending the money (and SPG50 coupon) for the first night in a RBC room, the natural question that follow is, as a Plat who pays for a room in the highly touted RBC wing, will you be upgraded to a RBC suite ??

Has anyone had this happen to them ? If not, it may be better to settle for the Plat Suite upgrade with free breakfast & happy hour.
My friends reservation shows that he was upgraded to a RBC Suite. It is the exact same as mine.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:56 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
The RBC Suite is exactly the same, but he has access to the RBC lounge and you do not ? Is that correct ?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:01 am
Suspended

The RBC Suite is exactly the same, but he has access to the RBC lounge and you do not ? Is that correct ?
From my observation, they have converted the end suites (next to the beach/ocean) to RBC suites. The other suites are garden or pool view , and Platinums are usually upgraded to these suites.
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:38 am

Programs: SQ PPS, Jet Airways Platinum,
We stayed there a week ago and I had an interesting situation. We booked two room on points and asked for interconnecting rooms since we have two kids below 8 years old. On check in I was told they do not have an interconnecting room in the hotel, in the hotel. Not that they were not available but that the hotel did not have this option. Found that weird. We were offered the "family suite" which is basically two room with a small enclosure allowing both rooms to be connected for $ 50 a night. This was an absolute rip off from a value perspective for me but we had no option but to take it. Later on of course we had a lot of construction noise so they offered to waive this charge.

Has anyone else had this problem. In my mind interconnecting rooms not being built in a resort sounded like a tall story.

The hotel of course was very nice and we enjoyed our four day holiday immensely.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 8:56 pm

As IndiaFlyer surmised, there are in fact interconnecting rooms at the Nusa Dua. We were just there for Spring Break and were given an Executive Suite (PLT upgrade) plus an interconnecting double room.

Very nice stay at a very nice property. Airport transfer was arranged via e-mail (minivan for $11 one-way) and went off without a hitch. Check-in was smooth and PLT upgrade and amenities offered without argument. Received a spacious Executive Suite (non-RBC, in the main building) with a large balcony overlooking the pool (but far enough away so that pool noise was not a problem).

Nice freshwater pool area with a water slide, toddler pool, shallow end for the younger kids, and a deep end for the adults. Good mix of sun and shade seating options around the pool. Also had a saltwater pool used mostly by adults; as we were traveling with DL, Jr. we spent most of the time at the water slide. Standard Westin Kids Club, where DL, Jr. happily spent one morning of our stay.

Evening happy hour for PLTs was in the Kites Lounge in the lobby; great service and basically anything we wanted drink-wise. Had booked a rate with breakfast which was provided in the Capsicum Cafe; nothing special but good service. Also got excellent service at the pool bar; eating lunch there was much better than taking chances with the restuarants.

Enjoyed a birthday dinner for our niece at the Hamabe Japanese restuarant; was the best food and service that we had at any of the meals we had at the resort. Dinner at Ikan (beach-side restaurant) and lunch at Verandah (pool-side) were both disappointments; tasteless food and poorly timed service.

This was our first trip to Bali and probably our last. Someone in the local government needs to wake up to the fact that the first and most lasting impression that their island will make on most visitors is the absolute scrum that is the arrivals area at DPS. The arrivals process (notably the visa) took almost two hours of shoving and sweating. While the resort was very nice and the island was indeed beautiful, we would prefer Thailand as a destination as it is both easier to get to and more welcoming when one arrives.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 9:00 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by DFW DL
Enjoyed a birthday dinner for our niece at the Hamabe Japanese restuarant; was the best food and service that we had at any of the meals we had at the resort. Dinner at Ikan (beach-side restaurant) and lunch at Verandah (pool-side) were both disappointments; tasteless food and poorly timed service.
Agree on the service, though I think the food was way overpriced - it wsa OK sushi but not worth what they were charging - especially for Bali.

Originally Posted by DFW DL
This was our first trip to Bali and probably our last. Someone in the local government needs to wake up to the fact that the first and most lasting impression that their island will make on most visitors is the absolute scrum that is the arrivals area at DPS. The arrivals process (notably the visa) took almost two hours of shoving and sweating. While the resort was very nice and the island was indeed beautiful, we would prefer Thailand as a destination as it is both easier to get to and more welcoming when one arrives.
Couldn't agree more - that arrival process and the two step immigation process with the long lines is an absolute joke!!
Old Jul 29, 2007, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA P, BA S, A3 *G, IHG Plat, Marriott Lt P, Hilton Gld, etc.
Originally Posted by derpelikan
well, the RBC acess is worth it.
the time i have stayed there , there was not platinum lounge.the RBC is 24Hours open.

they did agree, after i got more points i changed the SPG50 to one night and reseverd the other two nights with points too.
after asking the hotel, they said it is ok, and i can use RBC and the same suite even i only pay one night.

i wouldnt pay 60USD night for the RBC, but if you can get it free of charge its worth it.

dp

2 questions:
1) Current RBC rate for the dates I need is $215/night under "Best available rate". Does anybody know what the rate will be using SPG50?

2) for some countries in SE asia access to club lounge might be a great benefit due to high taxes on alcohol - for the comparizon sake can anybody provide information on (approximate) cost of beer/wine in hotel's restaurants?

AX
Old Jul 29, 2007, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by AX9465
2 questions:
1) Current RBC rate for the dates I need is $215/night under "Best available rate". Does anybody know what the rate will be using SPG50?

2) for some countries in SE asia access to club lounge might be a great benefit due to high taxes on alcohol - for the comparizon sake can anybody provide information on (approximate) cost of beer/wine in hotel's restaurants?

AX
From what I saw beer and alcohol prices were quite normal within the hotel when compared to other hotels in SE Asia.
There were shops not far from the hotel that sold beer and sodas at local prices (cheap).
Anyway your Platinum,there is a complimntry happy Hour that has a great selection of drinks and small canapes.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 6:00 am

In addition to the free drinks at Happy Hour, they also let you order as many snacks from their lounge menu as you wish (chicken wings, spring rolls, etc...) - a very nice perk. They also provide free breakfast in their restaurant, although IMHO the food there was not very good.

We stayed here last week for 3 days and it was pretty full. I was not given a complimentary upgrade, in fact they tried to give me a standard room with two double beds (my wife and I were on our 10th anniversary trip). There were no regular (Executive ?) suites available the first night, so they offered me one of the larger suites by the water for 12,000 points extra per night The GM was not available to speak with, so I spoke with his assistant who reduced the hit slightly to 10,500 points per night, which I took (even though an executive suite became available our 3rd night). This gave us all the RBC benefits which helped to lessen the shock.

Next trip I think we will try the Luxury Collection beside the Westin...
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Other than the general reservations email on the website, does anyone have an email address to send special requests in advance for this property? Have an anniversary trip planned.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
We stayed here last week for 3 days and it was pretty full. I was not given a complimentary upgrade, in fact they tried to give me a standard room with two double beds (my wife and I were on our 10th anniversary trip). There were no regular (Executive ?) suites available the first night, so they offered me one of the larger suites by the water for 12,000 points extra per night The GM was not available to speak with, so I spoke with his assistant who reduced the hit slightly to 10,500 points per night, which I took (even though an executive suite became available our 3rd night). This gave us all the RBC benefits which helped to lessen the shock.

Seems pretty stinky to do this to Platinum guest, especially considering your booked room type (1 King) wasnt available when you arrived. I'd march over to the Laguna and pay Rack/use points rather than get extorted out of a (otherwise unsold) room that you should be allowed to have gratis.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 6:37 am

I looked at switching to the Laguna, but it was equally full

In the end, we paid the extra points for the suite and enjoyed the stay at the property. Staff in the RBC lounge were great, and they delivered a nice bottle of Bubbly (comp) for our 10th Anniversary ^

I would not hesitate to stay here again - just watch them on points redemption, as I noticed a few extra deductions from my account which were not authorized. SPG was good enough to get it all sorted out.

CC
Old Nov 19, 2007, 7:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Can anyone tell me how much the breakfast buffet costs per person in the restaurant, for those of us that don't have RBC access?

edited to add: I am SPG Gold, not Plat.

Last edited by Babu; Nov 19, 2007 at 8:18 am
Old Nov 19, 2007, 7:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Babu
Can anyone tell me how much the breakfast buffet costs per person in the restaurant, for those of us that don't have RBC access?
Breakfast in the restaurant is comp if you are SPG Platinum.

When I was Gold I paid around USD15, but that was a few years back. You can also use the restaurant at The Laguna which has nicer ambiance but cant remember the cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.