Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delay in Stay Posting

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
I had a stay both Friday and Saturday . My Saturday stay just posted and my Friday stay has yet to post. Both were at different properties
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Originally Posted by gabo02
I had a stay both Friday and Saturday . My Saturday stay just posted and my Friday stay has yet to post. Both were at different properties
Checked out from property A last Thu (Feb 16) - posted in 24 hours
Checked out from property B last Sat (Feb 18) - not posted
Checked out from property A last Sun (Feb 19) - not posted
Used Uber on Sun (Feb 19) - basic Uber points posted BUT since stay didn't post, no Uber bonus
Transferred points from Marriott on Sun (Feb 19) - instant transfer

Still no correction to DT7 bonus points error (earned for stays 1, 3 and 4 but not 2 and stay 4 not counted towards 20 night by Apr 15 bonus on Dashboard).
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
checked out 2/16, 4 nights.

What's posted:

- SPG Amex points
- Base Uber points (1/2 of $ spend)

What's not:

- stay points (base + bonus)
- Uber 5x cross-promo points
- Delta cross-promo points
- double points promo earn up to 10,000 points stay credit
Old Feb 22, 2017, 5:18 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
yeah, same here now, stays stopped to post
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:38 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Had a stay at the Westin Doha from February 15th to 17th; here we are on the 22nd and no stay points yet. My Uber points posted, but none from the special February offer have landed yet.

Another day, another glitch?

khabah
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist,
Same issue here. SPG stays have always posted within a day or two, it not next day. Three separate stays from last week have still not posted. This is more what I am used to with Marriott taking a week to post.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:14 pm

ddjen11

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
If you're in a situation where you're having to sort out a previous posting error by deleting and reposting stays, it would be normal IT practice to temporarily halt new postings until this correction process is completed. Particularly if you are having to recalculate what is Stay 1, Stay 2 and Stay 3 since the start of a promotion. Maybe that's what's happening here.
No response from SPG? The extended delay is causing future booking to be delayed due to shortage of points. I hope they resolve that quick, or give away some points since the points/stays are being hostage.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ddjen11
No response from SPG? The extended delay is causing future booking to be delayed due to shortage of points. I hope they resolve that quick, or give away some points since the points/stays are being hostage.
They know about the issue - see here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...sappeared.html
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
It has been 7 days since I checked out.

The research @ SPG team manually pulled my stay for 2/12-2/16.

They explained that it was a manual pull.

What they pulled: stay credit, points
What they didn't pull: make green choice points, double points promo stay credit, Uber/DL cross-points

The system-wide issue is still not fixed, and I just completed another 5 night stay which won't get posted for a long time.

I will stay at Marriott next week until this fix this issue

Last edited by sm0421; Feb 23, 2017 at 9:00 am
Old Feb 24, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Other than the comments on FT, has there been an announcement on this issue?

Personal opinion venting:
Does this suggest that the SPG program is being morphed into the <not> wonderful level of 'yeah, you aren't important to us at all, we're Marriott' system and process I dumped so many years ago? (I assume there will be a fold in of programs but was hoping it would be much farther down the road....). I.e. is the system issue related to moving program backend components to Marriott systems and teams? I realize that was entirely subjective, but SPG (for me) was the program where elite meant something...
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Marriott did mention on the earnings call that some back end systems are already being used by a subset of Starwood properties. Think it is mostly purchasing systems at this point though this issue could well be related to shifting the loyalty program to the Marriott platform as well. The system is set up to support two separate loyalty programs with the same back end.

Stays are not posting now as this will only compound the remaining issues with the promo. The more stays that post and have the bonuses posted incorrectly, the more that have to be fixed later. Hopefully they will get this worked out soon though as the longer it goes on, the more of a mess it will be in catching up with all the stay postings which are growing by the day as this drags on.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:01 am

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Originally Posted by regulatorug
Has anyone else noticed a significant increase in the lag to have completed stays post to your spg account / app / etc? Formerly was 24-36 hours and is now a week.

Ditto: two stays last week (week of 2/12) and one stay this week (2/19), and none have posted.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesnt exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
FWIW I'd marked my calendar to email research today for a stay last week, and it had posted overnight. They also got the Uber bonus for trips during the stay (original Uber points had posted last week).
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by gabo02
Another datapoint.

Stay 17FEB - not posted
Stay 18FEB - not posted
Stay 19FEB - not posted
Stay 22FEB - not posted

Meanwhile, Uber keeps posting within 24 hours these days.

So...something's up obviously. I hope its not related to Marriott and given the properties I have stayed at in the past week, they are most definitely not using the latest technology to do anything.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:48 am

Check-out on Sunday and just got the points right now: base points+elite points+green choice.

Uber base points were also given within 24 hours.

I'm missing:
-2000 BRG points
-uber x5 promo points
-double take promo

Let's see what happens...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.