Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Diana Majestic, Milan, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by tyn
It closes every year in August, so I kind of doubt it has to do with a full
renovation
Thanks for the info, I guess they just vacation at the same time, then
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sheraton Diana Majestic, Milan [Master Thread]

Most companies in Italy close for vacation in August. But strange for a hotel to do so. Perhaps they only have business travelers who perhaps do not travel to Italy in August?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 1:30 pm

Stayed with a preferred spg account in a classic room with garden view. Here some pictures ...

Room:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...iana-majestic/

Hotel:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.boardinga...na-majestic-2/

Last edited by youhavebeenupgraded; Mar 15, 2014 at 6:03 am
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded
Stayed with a preferred spg account in a classic room with garden view. Here some pictures ...
Thanks; I'll be there soon probably in a similar room. My first time at the Diana because the Westin Palace was too expensive those days (400E versus 100E for the Diana from beat the timer).
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:34 am
Suspended

I just made a booking for a classic room for 60eur as part of the recent 50% off offer. Just wondered anyone with recent experience? Seems a but far away from the city? I only have one day and will arrive from MXP and leave from LIN.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

60 euros???? Never seem it that low. That is AMAZING value
Milan is spread out and it really depends where you are going but being next to the tube it isn't hard to get to. I'd train it from MXP and taxi it to LIN
Enjoy, and have a drink at the bar. Worth it
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by terminalfive
60 euros???? Never seem it that low. That is AMAZING value
Milan is spread out and it really depends where you are going but being next to the tube it isn't hard to get to. I'd train it from MXP and taxi it to LIN
Enjoy, and have a drink at the bar. Worth it
Thanks

I know it is hard to beat and I shouldn't expect too much. Maybe I will use a suite reward night here?

Thanks. Also are there any restaurant recomm around there?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:18 pm

Great price (I will pay a bit more Monday night!). My restaurant recommendations from above still stand:

For restaurants, i Malavoglia is right nearby and is an excellent Sicilian fish house. Da Oscar (a short walk from the hotel) is a bit nutty but good meat and pasta in a friendly, sit at a table with strangers sort of place.

It's a bit out of the center of Milan but by no means far away. I have stayed in a garden facing room that was nice enough but not to be confused with a nicer hotel. I have no experience with the suites. The bar does seem like quite a hip spot.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: VA Gold, QF WP, *wood gold, fairmont pres club plat, AF Gold
Stayed here two weeks ago. While a very grand property I must admit the single bed was far from king single and didnt handle my 6ft 2 length. No upgrade despite my lowly gold status (I am the type that see it as a bonus if I get anything) which is fine I dont expect it when I travel and see it as a bonus if I get it. Rooms from what I saw are very small and mine certainly seemed one of the smallest. It was the smallest hotel room I have stayed in with the bathroom having the same floorprint as the bedroom. 1 smallish bottle of water in the room as a SPG benefit.

Staff were really helpful albeit blunt, however I would suggest that this was just how they were trying to get the info across in english more than anything else. They were very interested in me as I dont think they often get many Australian's or people doing a 30 hour flight to get there. They even drew me a map of where to walk late a night, even though its one of the safer parts of Milan they were still very open to the fact its not the best of the best cities.

Didnt bother with room service at 18 Euro for a tv dinner is a bit much even by Starwood standards.

Would I be back? Ummmm more than likley but I would look for a decent price. (This stay was 100 Euro so this or a tad lower on Beat The Timer would be best)
Old May 5, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Had a nice two days stay there. Booked an ITB rate. 57,50€ per night. Used two of twenty SNAs for upgrade. Was upgraded to one of the five suites at the fifth floor. Junior suite. Big room and nice daylight bathroom. Burned the 500 points platinum amenity for the breakfast.

All in all a very nice stay. Breakfast was great. Staff was very friendly. Highly recommended!!!

With that rate an incredible value!!!
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Anyone had any recent luck with getting a suite w/o having to use a sna as a plat? Did you have to argue to get it?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by lovenola
Anyone had any recent luck with getting a suite w/o having to use a sna as a plat? Did you have to argue to get it?
My last two stays I was upgraded with no SNAs. The top floor suites are nice.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:13 am

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by ckendall
My last two stays I was upgraded with no SNAs. The top floor suites are nice.
Thanks, I'll report back on my success.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 1:33 am

Better than most Sheratons. Stayed here a month or two ago as a plat and was not upgraded to a suite though the room I stayed in was quite spacious. It was bright and had great, sweeping views.

There was modern furniture, reliable internet, and quality linens (softer than the average Sheraton). Very high ceilings in room but walls and room seemed very bare.

Opted for the breakfast platinum amenity and had access to the full breakfast buffet.

Within walking distance of good food, 1 block away from metro-very convenient.

Will not hesitate to stay again, especially as this is more centrally located, had more cheery atmosphere than the westin in town.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 1:11 pm

3 night stay

I just finished up a 3 night stay for business. I'm platinum, received a standard room and continental breakfast as the amenity. The room was within the range of a standard Sheraton. Bathroom was large, but not completely updated (some peeling paint, etc...not a big deal to me, but important to some people). Internet was fairly fast reliable.

Breakfast for plats was listed as continental only, but I accidentally took something not included and no one seemed to care. Location is central to business district, and probably a 5-10 minute cab ride from most tourist attractions. Still, there were plenty of restaurants and stores within walking distance.

The gym was modern, but very small by US standards. I can't speak for normal in Europe. As noted in previous posts, room service prices were slightly absurd, but also expected. I didn't know that it's against Italian fire code to have irons or coffee makers in rooms. One thing to note that the cab ride from international airport will run about 90 euros, but there is a train.

Staff was very helpful. I'd definitely stay here again for business (since I'm not paying), but may not be ideal for tourists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.