Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Gold For Life Recognition?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:18 pm

I think the OP is saying that he/she would like some recognition that it's the 250th night with SPG...

A better title would have been " No 250th Night Recognition? "

It would have been nice for the ambassador to at least have sent a card/email. The system ought to be set up to flag these "significant" dates.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:06 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
5 years gold, and 250 nights and an ambassador. Are you sure you hit LT gold?

4*25 1-night stays is 100. Then another year with 100 nights? Possible I guess.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yosithezet
5 years gold, and 250 nights and an ambassador. Are you sure you hit LT gold?

4*25 1-night stays is 100. Then another year with 100 nights? Possible I guess.
25 1-night stays is Platinum. 10 1-night stays is Gold...
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif
craigthemif, what yosithezet is questioning is whether the number of years elite (5) has been met to reach LTG.

OP is currently a Plat-100 since OP has an Ambassador. Therefore, unless OP's travel requirements (or decision to stay more at Starwood properties) have taken a dramatic increase in the past year or so, it would be difficult to just now be hitting the 250-night threshold.

Since five years of elite is needed for LTG, and we know that one of those years (last year) is at least 100 nights, then the other four years averaged 38 nights per year with no year less than 25 nights . . .
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Oops. Right!
Originally Posted by controller1
craigthemif, what yosithezet is questioning is whether the number of years elite (5) has been met to reach LTG.

OP is currently a Plat-100 since OP has an Ambassador. Therefore, unless OP's travel requirements (or decision to stay more at Starwood properties) have taken a dramatic increase in the past year or so, it would be difficult to just now be hitting the 250-night threshold.

Since five years of elite is needed for LTG, and we know that one of those years (last year) is at least 100 nights, then the other four years averaged 38 nights per year with no year less than 25 nights . . .
Right. Well no year less than 10 stays or 25 nights.

For example, I have over 1000 nights but only 9 years of Plat. 19 more nights till LTP!
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

....unless OP's travel requirements (or decision to stay more at Starwood properties) have taken a dramatic increase in the past year or so, it would be difficult to just now be hitting the 250-night threshold.....
That's not all that unusual in a career change.

Last edited by yosithezet; Feb 13, 2016 at 10:57 pm Reason: Fixed markup
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
OP is currently a Plat-100 since OP has an Ambassador.
Not necessarily. That's only one road to an Ambassador.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Wow, many of you folks are quite quick to judge. Yes, I'm Plat100. And yes, I'm reaching 5 years/250 nights on this stay. Hence, the "Gold For Life" in the title. Thanks to everyone who provided constructed input. As many of y'all can empathize with, many nights away from family and friends are sacrificed to meet this (countless missed birthdays, get togethers, even weddings) and I was just curious if anyone else got simple recognition from Starwood for it.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I never got received any recognition for reaching 500 nights or LTP. I never received any acknowledgement of LTP status at any hotel stays after reaching LTP. Anyone who's been with SPG long enough understands that LTG has no real benefits, and as such, not a milestone worthy of celebration.

With Marriott acquiring SPG, it's hard to predict what SPG LTG or LTP will become in the merged program.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by CIT85
Anyone who's been with SPG long enough understands that LTG has no real benefits
As "one who's been with SPG long enough", I completely disagree. The status has definite value, especially for those of us who don't get all our stays for free.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For Gold, OP could have 24 one night stays for five years totaling 120 nights or one stay of 49 nights during each of five years for 245 nights. One additional year with more than 100 nights thus could easily lead to Lifetime Gold.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by wishkah6
Wow, many of you folks are quite quick to judge. Yes, I'm Plat100. And yes, I'm reaching 5 years/250 nights on this stay. Hence, the "Gold For Life" in the title. Thanks to everyone who provided constructed input. As many of y'all can empathize with, many nights away from family and friends are sacrificed to meet this (countless missed birthdays, get togethers, even weddings) and I was just curious if anyone else got simple recognition from Starwood for it.
Not judging, just checking to make sure you didn't miss the 5 year bit.

I think you will find recognition varies. The best recognition seems to come from property milestones.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by wishkah6
In my eyes, it wasn't judgment; it was clarification. Given their complexity, sometimes people misunderstand certain aspects of frequent traveler programs. As your situation is slightly outside the norm, other posters were asking questions to ensure that you were actually eligible.

Should you decide to stick around at FlyerTalk, I'm sure you will see what I mean. Also, you will find that many members have spent years in jobs that take them away from their family and friends.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:53 am

I'm not sure that hotels are aware of which guest has lifetime status. Isn't it the case that they see the member's current level only? There was a reference to this in a thread when lifetime status was introduced but I can't find it. Maybe this has changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.