Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Senggigi, Lombok, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Compulsory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

On December 31, 2015, please note that there is a compulsory New Year's Ever dinner for all guests. The cost is 150 USD plus tax per person. Please contact the resort for further information.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Senggigi, Lombok, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2007, 5:13 am
Suspended

Stayed there a couple of months ago and the resort is ok but not outstanding.

Its quite a compact resort with several 3/4 storey blocks connected to each other. There is some view of the ocean but being lowrise much of the view is obstructed by trees etc There is no lift/elevator and you need to use the stairs.

Room/suite are in decent shape with sweet sleeper bed and seemed to have been refurbished, but the bathroom is a little worn but still acceptable. Rooms on the ground level are slightly elevated with a large deck/terrace.

Beach is nothing to shout about with darkish brown sand and murky water; but the pool area is quite nice and the gardens matured. You have to take a boat trip to one of the nearby islands (gillis) for amazing beaches/waters and sceneries.

There is a simple inhouse spa by the beach which is quite good value, and tends to get booked up early during high season. They also have 2 tennis courts and a dreary looking gym.

A simple but pleasant resort with quite good rates . The downside is the low rates attract quite a large number of low-end european tourists.

Last edited by mario33; Oct 3, 2007 at 5:23 am
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:14 am

I stayed at this hotel in September and posted a trip report on Tripadviser if you want to check it out.

Basically although the hotel is very nice and I got a fantastic upgrade from the lowest category of room to the highest I wouldn't really recommend the hotel. It is very expensive compared to the competition and although the rooms are nice they are a little small. The Holiday resort Lombok, for example, is similar and about half the price. It was a Holiday Inn until 2005.

Also the town of Senggigi is really not very appealing (the beach in particular is pretty bad) and completely deserted of tourists which makes for a lot hassle on the beach and along the main road.

I recommend Gilli Trawangan, a small island of the coast of Lombok, about 30km from Senggigi. It is much more beautiful and a far better destination all round. The best hotel on the Trawangan is "Villa Ombak".

If you do decide to stay at the at the Sheraton don't eat there as the food is bad and expensive and there are lots of nearby restaurants.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 9:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JNelson113
Thanks so much mario--I think I'll pass given your description. Appreciate it very much.
I didnt mean to discourage you from staying there. Actually I did enjoy my stay after adjusting my expectations over the first couple of days.

As Platinum I was upgraded to a suite which is twice the size of a standard room. Its decent size with living/dining room,separate bedroom with attached bathroom (separate shower) and a long balcony. Not at all small but not large either, however I can imagine how small a standard room can be at half the size.

Breakfast is not complimentary for Platinum (I had it included in my room package) and offers plenty of asian dishes (the chilli chicken is quite good). For other meals I wouldnt describe the food as "bad" but the portions were very small considering the prices they are charging.

Lombok is an interesting destination, the landscape feels like a fusion of Bali-Langkawi-Hawaii with some very dramatic scenery and stunning beaches; its just that the scenic parts are not in Senggigi. The best beaches (Kuta and Tanjung Aan) are on the southern coast and its amongst the best I have seen anywhere; how I wish the Sheraton is located there. However the Gillis are just a boat ride away from Senggigi and makes an easy day trip.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:10 am

Maybe we were just unlucky but we tried room service on 3 seperate occasions and I would have to say that it was all bad except maybe the hamburger which was ok.

I agree with you in regards to the size of the portions. I just don't see the point of eating in this hotel when are so many other choices within walking distance for between half and a third the price.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 2:54 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Has anyone stayed at Sheraton Lombok in 2009?

I'm planning to stay at the Sheraton Senggigi in Lombok and Le Meredien Nirwana in Bali.
I noticed that the last post on the Lombok property was in 2007 and the reviews range from great (1st post) to terrible.

Could anyone give me some current (2009 or 2008) info on it???
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by PatMike
I'm planning to stay at the Sheraton Senggigi in Lombok and Le Meredien Nirwana in Bali.
I noticed that the last post on the Lombok property was in 2007 and the reviews range from great (1st post) to terrible.

Could anyone give me some current (2009 or 2008) info on it???
Seconded. Anyone?
Old May 3, 2009, 7:57 am

Programs: SQ PPS UA 1K MM
Got two stays this week coming up, will report
Old May 3, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: *Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Reefdiver
Got two stays this week coming up, will report
Thanks! Looking forward to it.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bump. Reefdiver, anything to report?
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: SQ PPS UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Bump. Reefdiver, anything to report?

Sorry about that wait... Happy hour at the SGS is killing me! Arrived to the hotel super late, on a $90 rate which included internet and breakfast.. Was upgraded to the biggest suite besides the pool villas. Never have I had this suite at this hotel, and I was quite impressed... Ordered Room Service had the 170,000 steaks and they were tasty... Even tastier when I used my Star Priv card on them at the pool and paid less than $10USD for steak dinner! Hotel is of course a decent place with friendly service. The breakfast was decent, although the St Regis spoiled us! Service there was again great. The spa had a promo of $31USD for a massage, and a foot massage! What a deal for a Hotel spa! I'm thinking back to $100+ at the St Regis... In general food is nothing to write home (Don't have the pizza!) But it's cheap and again if you have a priv card and another person a dinner/lunch is just a few bucks! Soo in conclusion... Sheraton Lombok is still a pretty good place to stay when in the area.. Of course one must rent a motorbike or a car or what not, and explore this amazing island with the hotel as a cozy base
Old Jun 2, 2009, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Reefdiver
Sorry about that wait... Happy hour at the SGS is killing me! Arrived to the hotel super late, on a $90 rate which included internet and breakfast.. Was upgraded to the biggest suite besides the pool villas. Never have I had this suite at this hotel, and I was quite impressed... Ordered Room Service had the 170,000 steaks and they were tasty... Even tastier when I used my Star Priv card on them at the pool and paid less than $10USD for steak dinner! Hotel is of course a decent place with friendly service. The breakfast was decent, although the St Regis spoiled us! Service there was again great. The spa had a promo of $31USD for a massage, and a foot massage! What a deal for a Hotel spa! I'm thinking back to $100+ at the St Regis... In general food is nothing to write home (Don't have the pizza!) But it's cheap and again if you have a priv card and another person a dinner/lunch is just a few bucks! Soo in conclusion... Sheraton Lombok is still a pretty good place to stay when in the area.. Of course one must rent a motorbike or a car or what not, and explore this amazing island with the hotel as a cozy base

Thanks Reefdiver. I take you did some diving while there? Any reccomendations for that (Gili Islands)?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
anyone with a recent stay????some friends of mine stayed here a few years ago & they had a lot of nice things to say about this property....have a reservation coming up here in a couple of months time....
Old May 7, 2010, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
repeating my question once again....

has anyone stated here recently????i will be here for 3 nights next month....paying $56 for the first night & then using 2k points per night for the next 2 nights....

does this property have a lounge????

also, how far is it from the airport????are taxis easily available or should i arrange a pickup from the hotel????
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just checked in....upgraded to an executive suite from a really cheap rate....

nice big room but the hotel definitely gives off a very old look & feel....

the furniture is old & there are some cracks on the walls....

free fruit & a lot of bottles of free water....

took about 20 minutes to get here from the airport....booked a car from the hotel & they charged $9....

will post more once i check out....
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by saad
just checked in....
I pity your wife, you seem to be checking-in to a new hotel in a new location every day for the past week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.