Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Senggigi, Lombok, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Compulsory New Year's Eve Dinner: December 31, 2015

On December 31, 2015, please note that there is a compulsory New Year's Ever dinner for all guests. The cost is 150 USD plus tax per person. Please contact the resort for further information.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Senggigi, Lombok, Indonesia [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:38 pm

Just finished a stay here. I'd definitely call myself more of a budget traveler than some of you that get suites everywhere you stay, but I have to say that I quite enjoyed the stay at the Sheraton Sengiggi.

I booked under the Lombok Discovery promo, where rooms start at 1,150,000 IDR (~US$85) per night plus taxes. Includes one-way airport transfer, daily breakfast buffet for two, 1 x ayim taliwang dinner for two, and $10 off $30 spend at the spa.

I found the breakfast buffet to be pretty awesome and extensive, though I imagine it could get depleted pretty fast if the hotel is busy (it wasn't when I was there).

Just throwing this promo out there. Highly enjoyed my stay.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (P100)
Currently staying at Sheraton Senggigi - another great suprise from a CAT 2 hotel:

- Travelling as 2 couples + 1 child
- Booked through my Ambassador - both rooms on points for 5 nights. Total 46.000 points spent.
- As I had no more SNA's - I was not expecting an upgrade but wow! They made an exceptional arrangement - 1 deluxe room connected to 1 executive suite - which meant we both get deluxe rooms plus the living room of the executive suite shared by both rooms! This is just amazing for our trip
- Hotel not full due to volcanic activity which hit the region recently but currently all seems ok and we get to enjoy the hotel.
- Breakfast is one of the best ( our guide told us this property is famous for it's breakfast - she was right ) - a wide range of options which even includes cotton candy and ice-cream.
- Another nice touch by the hotel is that they extended by Platinum breakfast benefit to the 2nd room - my Ambassador worked his magic here along with a very nice courtesy from the property!
- Nice, clean pool - but I didn't enjoy the sea although please allow me to mention that the beach was very clean despite some comments above so I trust they took the feedback and now looking after the beach very well.
- Warm, friendly staff - we are well looked after.

I will highly recommend this property as an alternative in Bali region. Yes it is more quite and less stuff to do compared to Bali but indeed an amazing place to chill and relax if this is what you are looking for.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by illusions
Currently staying at Sheraton Senggigi - another great suprise from a CAT 2 hotel:

- Travelling as 2 couples + 1 child
- Booked through my Ambassador - both rooms on points for 5 nights. Total 46.000 points spent.
- As I had no more SNA's - I was not expecting an upgrade but wow! They made an exceptional arrangement - 1 deluxe room connected to 1 executive suite - which meant we both get deluxe rooms plus the living room of the executive suite shared by both rooms! This is just amazing for our trip
- Hotel not full due to volcanic activity which hit the region recently but currently all seems ok and we get to enjoy the hotel.
- Breakfast is one of the best ( our guide told us this property is famous for it's breakfast - she was right ) - a wide range of options which even includes cotton candy and ice-cream.
- Another nice touch by the hotel is that they extended by Platinum breakfast benefit to the 2nd room - my Ambassador worked his magic here along with a very nice courtesy from the property!
- Nice, clean pool - but I didn't enjoy the sea although please allow me to mention that the beach was very clean despite some comments above so I trust they took the feedback and now looking after the beach very well.
- Warm, friendly staff - we are well looked after.

I will highly recommend this property as an alternative in Bali region. Yes it is more quite and less stuff to do compared to Bali but indeed an amazing place to chill and relax if this is what you are looking for.
I agree with all of your points with the exception of the breakfast. It is a decent spread but not outstanding by SPG standards. The thing I hated was that they offered no pork for breakfast and apparently this was a decision of previous GM and current GM hasn't changed it. I wanted to ask the current GM why but never saw them during our 1 week stay.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 4:32 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by kmcbrid2
I agree with all of your points with the exception of the breakfast. It is a decent spread but not outstanding by SPG standards.
I stayed at over a dozen SE Asian resorts in the past 5 months (including Westin Nusa Dua, LM Jimbaran, Sheraton Bali, Westin Phuket, Andaman, Naka Island, Sheraton Nha Trang, LM Chiang Mai and Rai), and the breakfast at Sheraton Senggigi was in the top-3. Of course it's always a matter of personal preference, but we really liked the spread at Senggigi ... we had a sub-$50 BRG, and if you factor that in, it is easily one of the best SPG values in SE Asia.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:20 am

For me the best breakfast spread is LM KL and Westin KL.

Yes Westin Bali wasn't that great but at least it had bacon.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:30 am

For me the best breakfast spread is LM KL and Westin KL.
Completely agree -- LM KUL is one of the best SPG Plat values out there, and it's one of the best breakfasts SPG-wide. (It's also the only LM breakfast I like, oddly). My favorites in Asia would have to be the Ws in Taipei, HK, and (distant third) BKK.

Note, however, that all these are city hotels, so I didn't list them in my resort comparison.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I agree with all of your points with the exception of the breakfast. It is a decent spread but not outstanding by SPG standards. The thing I hated was that they offered no pork for breakfast and apparently this was a decision of previous GM and current GM hasn't changed it. I wanted to ask the current GM why but never saw them during our 1 week stay.
I'm a pork fan too, but this is pretty common in Indonesia. Lombok is mostly Muslim, so it's not a surprise. Bali is the only city where I regularly find pork at hotels.

Some hotels, you can ask for it, like the GH CGK.

It could be worse. In Singapore, a HIX didn't serve pork or beef. Now that drives me crazy.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Currently at this hotel. Airport transfer offered by hotel costs 380K IDR. Decided to take my chances with a taxi at the airport and negotiated a rate of 200K IDR (US$14) (and I think I may have paid too much). I was told it would be 1.5 hrs from LOP to the Sheraton, but we made it in just over 45 mins. Guess it depends on the traffic.

I was upgraded to a Grand Suite (best in the house) without using a SNA. ^ The furniture is in very good condition and there is no musty smell as is often typical of hotels in high humidity climates.

The staff is very friendly and attentive.

I agree with illusions that the buffet breakfast is fantastic here, especially considering the per night cost. Huge selection of food (even for a vegetarian). One of the servers (Hartono) played the grand piano magnificently during breakfast, and while chatting with him afterwards, I found out that he's never taken a piano lesson and can't read music. WOW.

I enjoyed a 90 min massage at the spa (only 620K IDR and I received a 15% discount on top of that).

Seems to be very low occupancy right now, even though the weather is perfect, and there were plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas available. (I was told they get busier in June when the Europeans flock there.) The ocean water was incredibly warm and excellent for swimming.

Only stain on my stay so far was when one the beach umbrellas fell on me and pinned me to my chair. No staff around, but another guest came over to help me out.

Also, I have the type of body chemistry that seems to attract bugs and I literally had to wolf down my dinner while eating at the beach front restaurant (Bawang Putih) and get out of Dodge as the bugs were having me for dinner!

Note that there are two restaurants at the Sheraton that offer SPG members a 20% discount on food.

This hotel offers incredible value for the money. I would definitely come back.

Last edited by margarita girl; Jan 20, 2016 at 1:33 am Reason: wrong price for hotel car transfer
Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Completed my stay here, and I would not hesitate to return. The hotel was very low occupancy which is probably why most of the staff knew me by name. Everyone had a smile, and always said "Hello Miss xxx".

I wanted to add that the 20% dining discount is also offered in the Sunset Grill (food only). Food at all restaurants is excellent and presentation was outstanding. Chef was available during the buffet breakfast to identify dishes I wasn't familiar with (since I am vegetarian).

Wifi is sporadic depending on where you are. Fine in my room. Terrible in Sunset Grill and down by the beach.

I took a taxi to return to airport. Hotel car is actually 380K IDR. Taxi took just under an hour. It was metered and price was 191K IDR, so guess I didn't do so badly with my offer of 200K on the trip to the hotel. Both taxis I took were very clean and in good condition.
Old May 26, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Wow, so this property really has me intrigued.

I'm flying into DPS as of now from SIN, and currently have 4 nights at the Grand Hyatt booked. May end up sticking with this as I'm rather close to departure and don't necessarily want to rearrange my entire schedule.

However.... it sounds like it might be worth it. I'm not as picky as a lot of FTers are on here, so the budget / less upscale nature of this property wouldn't bother me a bit.

If I were to do say, 2 nights at this property, fly back to DPS and then 2 nights at the Grand Hyatt, would that be reasonable?

I've never been to Indonesia, so I'd theoretically like to see more of it, and culturally, this place sounds like a cooler experience.

Thoughts?
Old May 26, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by joeypore
Wow, so this property really has me intrigued.

I'm flying into DPS as of now from SIN, and currently have 4 nights at the Grand Hyatt booked. May end up sticking with this as I'm rather close to departure and don't necessarily want to rearrange my entire schedule.

However.... it sounds like it might be worth it. I'm not as picky as a lot of FTers are on here, so the budget / less upscale nature of this property wouldn't bother me a bit.

If I were to do say, 2 nights at this property, fly back to DPS and then 2 nights at the Grand Hyatt, would that be reasonable?

I've never been to Indonesia, so I'd theoretically like to see more of it, and culturally, this place sounds like a cooler experience.

Thoughts?
I'd say yes. Hyatt is in a tourist area of Nusa Dua. Lombok is more authentic Indonesia. Great sunsets from the bar at happy hour too. My vote is yes.
Old May 26, 2016, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Lombok is mostly Muslim, so no pork products. Bali has everything. Important to some, not to others.

The GH DPS is a beautiful property, but I find it lacks soul. However from the hotel you can see tons of stuff all over Bali. Lombok has a lot less things to do, from my trip there.
Old May 26, 2016, 7:43 am

I think Lombok is fun, and the hotel is a great deal on the $50 or so BRG rate that can usually be found, but I don't know if I'd come here just for 2 days. I made the trek from GH Nusa Dua to Senggigi last year, and you have to budget 4 hours door-to-door. I'd pick one location.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:01 pm

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
Any updates on this property? how's platinum's treated here?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by jpdx
I think Lombok is fun, and the hotel is a great deal on the $50 or so BRG rate that can usually be found, but I don't know if I'd come here just for 2 days. I made the trek from GH Nusa Dua to Senggigi last year, and you have to budget 4 hours door-to-door. I'd pick one location.
Looks like no such prices anymore, and it jumped from Cat 1 to Cat 3 (!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.