Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
Print Wikipost

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, LH / *A Gold, BA Bronze
Will stay here with the Mrs. for 4 nights from tomorrow onwards. After reading the experiences here I e-mailed the Westin upfront to request a suite upgrade according to my platinum status - just logged in to SPG.com and when I want to update my reservation it says "Deluxe Suite Non-smoking: King Bed, Non-smoking, 753 sq ft / 70 m², Heavenly Bed, Sep Spacious Livingroom, Breakfast Included, Free High-speed Internet", so I guess that upgrade request went through Will write about my experiences once I am there.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:03 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Great property! Enjoy!
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
The Executive Lounge on the 24th floor is great. Very nice staff. Great breakfast and evening food spreads, along with a selection of mid-day sandwiches and sweets. Probably my favorite part of the hotel.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 8:22 pm

Can I ask those who've stayed here recently: the hotel has been renovated and the rooms are like the pictures on the website? All?

Because the last time I stayed about 3 years ago, the suite upgrade I was assigned to was a very old dated musty room with dark wood everywhere. Added to that they restricted me to the club lounge for breakfast so I swore off it.

Looking at the pictures now it seems a re-visit is in order...
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by travelswithmyself
Can I ask those who've stayed here recently: the hotel has been renovated and the rooms are like the pictures on the website? All?

Because the last time I stayed about 3 years ago, the suite upgrade I was assigned to was a very old dated musty room with dark wood everywhere. Added to that they restricted me to the club lounge for breakfast so I swore off it.

I am here right now and didn't get a suite upgrade. But my normal room on the "executive floor" looks identical to the photos.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)

The pictures are accurate.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 2:32 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat

I stayed in March and was given a club floor room on club level. From my previous stays 2 years previously it did not seem to be much different, didn't feel fresh but wasn't overly tired. They now do breakfast in lounge or restaurant. The breakfast is good but of the SPGs I would prefer others but the afternoon lounge snacks are pretty good.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:00 am

Thanks all!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:52 am

Just about to check out from a 4-night-stay on points and on cash and points.

Got the upgrade to junior suite for the whole stay. Other Platinum benefits include free breakfast, lounge access (breakfast in the morning, sandwiches during the day, evening snacks/fingerfood), complimentary pressing of 3 items per stay.

The suite was perfect for us with a separate living room and a sleeping room (a bit too small king size bed for two, but very comfortable) and a separate WC. The lounge on 24th floor is also great, although I wonder how things work out here in high-season as the lounge is pretty small with maybe 30 seats. Breakfast was also quite good with a small Japanese section, one curry and naan, salads, fruits, etc. - seemed quite Western oriented.

The hotel has lots of Japanese, which is good as they are usually well behaved. In comparison to that I had a Chinese lady next to me for breakfast, who decided to skype all her friends on her iPad (iPad speakers on for everybody to listen).

Overall this hotel seems to be a place for business travellers, although the location is also a perfect one (neighbor of shopping mall Terminal 21 that has very cheap food starting from 30 THB for a main dish on the food court on top floor, right next to BTS Asok and MRT if needed.

Downsides:
- The pool is rather small, i.e. I would definitely not come here for that
- Staff is very attentive, but at times the last bit of service is missing (I repeatedly got an espresso macchiato instead of a latte macchiato even though I asked for a latte; chicken and pork sausages were mixed with each other, which is probably of large concern to muslim travellers)
- The rooms feel a bit worn out and a lot of small renovation was going on while we were there (bathroom door for example did not open properly)
- There is a bad smell on the floors (like overused towels, none in the room though) and in the entrance on ground floor, probably from the A/C - maybe Westin should consider to make the investment and to buy a few very large bottles of perfume to fix this
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:25 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Junior suite? I'm not aware of that class of room. Can you describe?

I've never heard of a latte macchiato.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Junior suite? I'm not aware of that class of room. Can you describe?

I've never heard of a latte macchiato.
Mixed up the names: We were in a Deluxe Suite on 20th floor. Looks exactly just like in the pictures of the webpage.

To your second point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latte_macchiato
If a member of staff is not aware of what it is, they could just ask. All they said is "ah, latte, ok" and then they mix it up. Surely quite a small flaw, but it still becomes annoying after happening a couple of times.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Here right now, a note on the desk saying there are putting new carpets and new paint/wallpaper in the rooms, so they would have a little more fresher look.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:18 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Great staff, great lounge, great value, but i like the pool and outdoor dining across the street. During peak season, they sometimes open the Presidential suite across the hall from the Exec Club lounge for additional "space".
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Unless I missed it, I did not see any post on the fact that the Westin is now offering the choice to go to the Zest bar to 'Ambassador' guests for the happy hour. In fact, I don't think that I have ever heard of a property offering a printed amenity specifically to Ambassador assisted Platinum guests.

Thinking of it, I think that it is a better type of amenity than the assistance of an Ambassador. I hope to see more of those at other properties.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by UASPG
Unless I missed it, I did not see any post on the fact that the Westin is now offering the choice to go to the Zest bar to 'Ambassador' guests for the happy hour. In fact, I don't think that I have ever heard of a property offering a printed amenity specifically to Ambassador assisted Platinum guests.
I did see it; but I don't recall whether or not it was here on FT. Generally, I like the idea of a little something extra for Ambassador guests (and I favored that even before I was one of them). Doesn't need to be a grand gesture, but just a little something would be nice. It's hard to make a suggestion without knowing how many there are and how many are in any one property on an average night.

OTOH, I have no interest in trading "a little something extra" for the assistance of my Ambassador. I ask her for assistance only rarely; but she's there when I need her and it always gets done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.